Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

These Walked In Spirit... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These Walked In Spirit... (238 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / If You Know How Easily Satan Can Enter Those Who Aren't Strong In Spirit / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

These Walked In Spirit... by topshore(f): 12:49am On Nov 09, 2022
Joshua 24; Genesis 12:1-15; 1 Timothy 1:12-17

Joshua, Abraham and Apostle Paul amongst others were Biblical examples who walked in the Spirit.

Joshua

He was a fighter. He built his faith and courage on the book of law as the Lord instructed him. Israelites were too tough to be led and that was why Joshua was afraid to continue from where Moses stopped. But God told him to be courageous (Joshua 1: 6-cool.

Joshua walked in the Spirit because:
- He served his master humbly and faithfully.
- He believed God's instruction and obeyed them.
- He was a prayer warrior.
- He led God's people according to the laws of God.
- He loved the presence of God.
- He was a mighty man of valour.
- He stood firm on the side of the Lord.

Abraham
He was the father of faith. He walked upright with God and the Holy Spirit. Even God testified to it by Himself that Abraham was His friend and faithful. Think about it! Abraham waited for years before he received his promised child from God. After Isaac was born, that same that gave Abraham a promised child instructed him to give him up for sacrifice. What would you have done if you were in Abraham's shoes? You must have cussed, murmured, complained, backslide and say all manner of unclean things to God. But you know what? Abraham did no such thing! He didn't even question God why He would do that to him. He simply obeyed. Abraham's lifestyle caught God's attention and proved God to bless him. Abraham tapped into the supernatural at different levels. He walked in the Spirit because:
- He was a man of peace
- He obeyed God.
- He believed God.
- He was a great intercessor.
- He paid his tithe and offering
- He had the habit of building altars to God everywhere He went.
- He abandoned the idols of his father's house to follow God.
- He honoured and feared God.
- He was a friend of God.

Apostle Paul

Apostle Paul is a must study for every believer. He was one of the best who walked with the Holy Spirit
- He didn't look at the persecution he faced, nor the sufferings he went through. His gaze was on the Cross (Jesus Christ), the Author and Finisher of our faith (1 Corinthians 9:26)
- He did a lot of exploits for Christ.
- Despite his weakness he didn't settle for sin. He relentlessly fought against sin and the flesh (Gal 2:20). He counted all his previous achievements as dung that he may win Christ.
- He released captives and pulled down strongholds because God helped him and showed him mercy. That was why the kingdom of darkness recognised him but couldn't stop him.

Brethren, like Apostle Paul, do you fight the good fight of faith and keep your faith? If no, the right tine is now!

If you would like to give your life to Christ just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and changed my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus , in Jesus name I pray, amen!

God bless you.

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Ref: Dr. D.K Olukoya, Mountain Top Life Daily Devotion, Vol 7, 2022.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Exercise For Today / (12). 20 Dreams That Means You Will Be Rich / God, The Giver Of All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.