Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia (3853 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... / Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
strangest:

yes, i was there. His mom has to plead with Jimmy to put nairaland there.,.,. I guess seun has some underground connection, grin
LWTMB
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
blink182:

What if, is NL too small or what. I pity you and your negro-complex
Please reserve your pity for yourself; I'm sure you would need it.

strangest:

yes, i was there. His mom has to plead with Jimmy to put nairaland there.,.,. I guess seun has some underground connection,  grin

Lol. Not surprised. Naija is renowned for 'name dropping'; just runs in peeps' blood here. Jimmy Wales kor, Jimmy Tilapia ni.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by JamesDoe: 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
Naija no fey carry last. Click on the link and choose the Discussion tab. You will see Jimbo Wales as a user adding the page back. Jimbo Wales is Jimmy Wales' user name on Wikipedia.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
proO1:

Please reserve your pity for yourself; I'm sure you would need it.
No need for the insults stop being childish
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
blink182:

No need for the insults stop being childish

How is that an insult? You were pitying me (even though I didn't need it) and I asked you to keep it to youself instead. Cheers anyway.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Emmyk(m): 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nice
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by chelseabmw(m): 1:41am On Aug 24, 2011
Congrats to seun
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by tainot2002(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2011
That is welcoming development
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Jobig(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2011
even nairaland is on most seach sites,it should with capital letters on wikipedia ,do you know where wikileaks get most of thier files.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by SUKURU(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2011
we are going so where grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by tessyade: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2011
Am happy to hear this, if it is true anyway.The politics and webmasters sections of nairaland have real impact on me.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 24, 2011
anyone can be on wiki so what is with the o,rgasimic jubilation and celebration of something so mediocre,
i though with the campaign allowee Seun got from beaf and GEJ,Nairaland would be on the NSE/wall street,
Seun did u sell your Conscience so cheap, or was it just the freebies and galaxy tab?or was it a maserati?who dash monkey, wetin be wiki?
i put a page up of one naija's rapper because i couldnt get enuf info, nairaland on wiki  so frigging what?
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by claremont(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2011
It's a good thing Nairaland is finally on Wikipedia. What this means is that any poster who feels aggrieved by the actions of the MODs on here can simply go to Wikipedia and write negatively about Nairaland there. That may help to solve the problem of heavy-handed MODs who delete perfectly logical posts without any reason whatsoever. I for one will do my bit in "editing" the NL profile on Wikipedia, let NL MODs come to WIkipedia and ban me! cool
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by ChScott(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2011
Alright!
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by kpolli(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2011
See wetin 190 n co have caused, multiple users cry embarassed
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Ben13: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2011
Just that line? The info is not complete.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
ehie:

anyone can be on wiki so what is with the o,rgasimic jubilation and celebration of something so mediocre,
i though with the campaign allowee Seun got from beaf and GEJ,Nairaland would be on the NSE/wall street,
Seun did u sell your Conscience so cheap, or was it just the freebies and galaxy tab?or was it a maserati?who dash monkey, wetin be wiki?
i put a page up of one naija's rapper because i couldnt get enuf info, nairaland on wiki  so frigging what?

I wonder oh. There are millions of entries on wikipedia, and any random i.d.i.ot can start or edit an entry, so whats the big deal? Worse still they had to drag Jimmy Wales' name into the matter. Very typical of Nigerians and their pomposity. Next thing they would say Mark Zuckerberg personally intervened to help edit Nairaland's facebook page.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^^
Cry baby! You are grinding because you aren't Nigerian and not pompous! Hehehe!
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by osadudu(f): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
dn't know if we shld b happy or sad,checked wikipidia & d piece on nairaland was'nt exactly in d best light.hope there's something that can b done 2boost d available info
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^^
You aren't the only one. That's what most people agreed on.
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by 190smh: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2011
kpolli:

See wetin 190 n co have caused, multiple users cry embarassed
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia by EfeEkarume(m): 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
Yeah! We the troops of nairalanders have marched their way to WIKI! Bravo! Soon like Pinky and The Brain, we will take over the world. You can bet on that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get 100 Backlink For My Site / Blog Content Writer Available / Nairaomm - Buy Bitcoins, Perfect Money, Paypal, Payer, Payoner, Webmoney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.