Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Tenant Is A Devil Incarnate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Tenant Is A Devil Incarnate (732 Views)

Tenant Assaults Landlady Over Marijuana In Lagos (photo) / Landlord Set Tenant’s Three-year-old Son Ablaze / Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Tenant Is A Devil Incarnate by aloyemeka2: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2011
[size=14pt]My tenant is a devil incarnate -Landlady *She stole my N50,000 -Tenant[/size]
Written by IDOWU ADELUSI
Sunday, August 21, 2011

The usual cat and mouse relationship between landlords and tenants was recently played out between a widow and her tenant in Oyo State as captured by IDOWU ADELUSI in this piece.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/21/tribune/images/elekuru[1].jpg[/img]
Mrs Idayat Olapade (landlady) and Mrs Jemila Isiaka (Tenant)

AS a widow, I have been facing vicissitudes of life with calmness, but my tenant who I will describe as a devil incarnate, has tried to multiply my sorrow."

These were the words of Mrs Idayat Olapade, a landlady who is currently facing some problems with one of her tenants, Mrs Jemila Isiaka.

Aside telling her landlady that she would not pack out of her house until she has built her own house, the tenant got the landlady detained in police custody for 24 hours.

The landlady's predicament has however attracted the attention of the Oyo State chapter of the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), more so that the woman is a widow.

The house in question is a four-room unpainted apartment built from the sweat of Mrs Olapade at Elekuru village, Ibadan in Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State.

Olapade, 38, and mother of three told Sunday Tribune that she built the house in 2005. The woman who is a third wife explained that prior to 2005, she had lived at Moniya, Ibadan, in order to avoid the wranglings associated with polygamous homes. Her husband and the other two wives were living at Adio village, also in same local government area, until the man died in 2008.

On how she knew her tenant, Mrs Omowumi Jemila Isiaka, Olapade said, "I rented out the room to Jemila in May 2009 at N200 per month. I told her to pay one year rent but she pleaded that I should reduce it to six months.

"Jemila gave me three months' rent of N600, promising to pay the balance later which she paid. I knew her when she used to bring plastic buckets to Elekuru Market to sell.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/crime-features/4815-my-tenant-is-a-devil-incarnate-landlady-she-stole-my-n50000-tenant-
Re: My Tenant Is A Devil Incarnate by oderemo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
@alloy u must have saw dust for brain ,cos i do not see the crime commited here.
y dont u move to the joke section ;an area where u had become more relevant.
mischeeeeeeeew.
pls the landlady only alledged the theft, so not proven yet.
copy and paste they worry head,

(1) (Reply)

UK Man Convicted Of Nigerian Weapon Smuggling / Lagos Traffic Laws Turned Me Into A 'pick- Pocket' - Ex- Okada Rider / Man Kills Girlfriend, Sends The Picture Of Her Corpse To Her Sister On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.