Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Urgent Life Advice Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Urgent Life Advice Needed (392 Views)

What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed / Please Urgent Advice Needed / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Life Advice Needed by Pinkies171: 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2022
Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by Suunnn(f): 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Pinkies171:
I finished service last month and I started job hunting, even before I finished because I didn’t want to go back home because my parents practically live in a village .now I had to come back home,my parents are super supportive and encouraging,no form of stress, i don’t do chores or anything but I’m depressed, I feel like I’m wasting my life here when I know I have so much potential, i am extremely smart and attractive too , i don’t know how long I’ll remain here I’ve been applying for jobs online but no response yet now I need advice as I have plans of traveling to either Abuja or Lagos to stay with either of my friends , i just want to know if it’s a good idea because I don’t want to waste my little savings on transportation and feeding and still end up with nothing or should I continue applying online and hope for the best.

Please DM
Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by frozen70(f): 12:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Pinkies171:
I finished service last month and I started job hunting, even before I finished because I didn’t want to go back home because my parents practically live in a village .now I had to come back home,my parents are super supportive and encouraging,no form of stress, i don’t do chores or anything but I’m depressed, I feel like I’m wasting my life here when I know I have so much potential, i am extremely smart and attractive too , i don’t know how long I’ll remain here I’ve been applying for jobs online but no response yet now I need advice as I have plans of traveling to either Abuja or Lagos to stay with either of my friends , i just want to know if it’s a good idea because I don’t want to waste my little savings on transportation and feeding and still end up with nothing or should I continue applying online and hope for the best.

I think you have to change your location to any of the two places you mentioned

And when you put up with uoir friends, just respect yourself and maintain your respect for them too

Its not easy searching for a job and it's not easy accommodating some one

1 Like

Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by TheRealOwner(m): 1:36am On Nov 10, 2022
Pinkies171:

I'm assuming you are female.

Dm anyone here at your own risk. If you were bold enough to come to a public forum to seek answers, anybody who wants to respond should do it publicly too.

Let me tell you a story. I was in a similar situation in 2017, and I chose to come home and please my parents. They were so impressed with me and satisfied that my mum even said that she's never been that relieved and supported before. This took place for about 3 months, and I lost a very big opportunity to leave the country during that period.

If you want to leave, make sure you are prepared to take a lot of sHit from your hosts, because you will be at their mercy, and they know that fully well.

Have you identified the thing you want to go and do in Abj/Lag? Or you are just going because those places are 'better' than your village?

If you don't know or have what you want to do in your intended location, omo it's better you stay back o.

If you still go, make sure you don't spend more than 3 days - 1 week without doing something tangible. Nobody likes the sight of someone else occupying their space, doing NOTHING and just frolicking around

Be ready to sort your own bills and even be contributing to the house bills of where you are moving.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by Tohsynetita1: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2022
what most people failed to understand is ' not planning on what you will do after leaving School, knowing fully well that there's no job in the Country.why can't you learn skills while your nysc. Most people will just go there for a year and be disturbing their social media with pictures without planning what they will do after the program. Am not here to analyze your mistake if you had any.
Another mistake people make again is rushing to Lagos or Abuja because they are big places, and making life hard for those living in the state already because of overcrowding.
If am the Lagos government, I will restrict how people enter the state. Is it a must everyone come to Lagos?
Think of what you could do in the place you are. Might be farming, mini importation, affiliate marketing, copy writing. etc
Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by Pinkies171: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2022
frozen70:

I think you have to change your location to any of the two places you mentioned

And when you put up with uoir friends, just respect yourself and maintain your respect for them too

Its not easy searching for a job and it's not easy accommodating some one

Yea thank you
Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by Pinkies171: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2022
TheRealOwner:

I'm assuming you are female.

Dm anyone here at your own risk. If you were bold enough to come to a public forum to seek answers, anybody who wants to respond should do it publicly too.

Let me tell you a story. I was in a similar situation in 2017, and I chose to come home and please my parents. They were so impressed with me and satisfied that my mum even said that she's never been that relieved and supported before. This took place for about 3 months, and I lost a very big opportunity to leave the country during that period.

If you want to leave, make sure you are prepared to take a lot of sHit from your hosts, because you will be at their mercy, and they know that fully well.

Have you identified the thing you want to go and do in Abj/Lag? Or you are just going because those places are 'better' than your village?

If you don't know or have what you want to do in your intended location, omo it's better you stay back o.

If you still go, make sure you don't spend more than 3 days - 1 week without doing something tangible. Nobody likes the sight of someone else occupying their space, doing NOTHING and just frolicking around

Be ready to sort your own bills and even be contributing to the house bills of where you are moving.

Thank you very much
Re: Urgent Life Advice Needed by Pinkies171: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Tohsynetita1:
what most people failed to understand is ' not planning on what you will do after leaving School, knowing fully well that there's no job in the Country.why can't you learn skills while your nysc. Most people will just go there for a year and be disturbing their social media with pictures without planning what they will do after the program. Am not here to analyze your mistake if you had any.
Another mistake people make again is rushing to Lagos or Abuja because they are big places, and making life hard for those living in the state already because of overcrowding.
If am the Lagos government, I will restrict how people enter the state. Is it a must everyone come to Lagos?
Think of what you could do in the place you are. Might be farming, mini importation, affiliate marketing, copy writing. etc

Okay,Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Bank Teller / Please I Need Help / Accounts Officer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.