Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children (15228 Views)

Wike Bars Usage Of Public Schools For Political Rallies Without Approval / What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? / Akeredolu Appoints Catherine Oludunni Odu As Ondo First Female SSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Houseofglam7(f): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2022
I agree!!!!!!!
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Mercury12(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2022
Tell those White people.
They always do what they can't take.

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Boyooosa(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2022
Na una leaders una go beg o
Just look at what buhari is doing to Nigerians, yet they want to vote for Atiku or Tinubu when obi sef no complete as one.
Abegi

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by dealslip(f): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2022
post=118267807:
Seconded.

It is time to take action to end excessive use of force, extra-judicial killings, disparities, racial profiling, racial stereotypes and stereotyping, systemic racial discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes.
It is time for Africa to stand up for her children.

GOD BLES OUR AFRICAN CHILDREN.

All shades of cuteness � � � ❤️
Oh my goodness. This babies are so cute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by AjalaDtraveller(f): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Every billboard, every commercial representing Africa is always about a sick, malnourished African child. This is the image that their people have about all of us. They think that Africa is just one village with very poor people. Whenever I pass through this billboards I am always very angry
I have videos I took when I saw whites picking from the dustbins. Especially old people here, its a daily sight. They never depict this image of their ownselves. No one is saying that there are no poor people in Africa but give a balanced view. They never would show range rovers and mansions that we own unlike most of them who live on credit! The image the average white man who has about us, who has not travelled to Africa is based on images projected to them. We are seen as economic migrants escaping poverty. All of us. It creates a very bad image about us. And the way we are perceived and treated

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by BlackyOne: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2022
I'm trying to see the reason for her outburst, are these children being used not poor and suffering under terrible conditions mostly inflicted by their very own corrupt African leaders?

Are these humanitarian aids and fundraising not being used to assist Africans?

If you don't want Africans to be portray in such manner then take it up with your African corrupt politicians, tell them to improved the economy, provide quality, affordable & uninterrupted healthcare and education, tell your corrupt leaders to provide electricity and create a better environment for startups to thrive...

Oh and the last time I checked I'm a Nigerian!.. the UN is not the reason Africa is seen to be poor!

3 Likes

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Crafteck1: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2022
sonature1:
Counting by number of countries, Africa is the poorest continent in the world. If you don't like the way the world portrays your people, tell your politicians to start leading right. At least that's where it starts from.

Those pictures are real people that those organisations use to raise funds to take care of them because your leaders failed them. People who work for the United Nations cannot use the pictures of their children for it because they have some of the world's best jobs.

Exactly.... Few fools here with little privileges shouting fowl, how many of them visit locations where the needy in their enviroment are to give alms.... They are after image not reality... Same as the oled leaders that impoverished the African nation.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Boyooosa(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2022
post=118267807:
Seconded.

It is time to take action to end excessive use of force, extra-judicial killings, disparities, racial profiling, racial stereotypes and stereotyping, systemic racial discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes.
It is time for Africa to stand up for her children.

GOD BLES OUR AFRICAN CHILDREN.

All shades of cuteness � � � ❤️

Appeal to your leaders first
They did same to Asians at a point in time but we all know that they are scared of China and the likes now.

Talk to ur leaders, huge percentage of them are useless

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Chris2863(m): 8:08am On Nov 10, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
When your people have an open big babies factory shame is on you, can't just imagine grin anyway vote for APC
just imagine. You can’t even make a correct sentence../…… Urchins and illiteracy eeeh
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Haveyoueatentod: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2022
A black guy was once arrested for depicting slums in Europe

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Sunnyski: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2022
Black is bold.

Black is beautiful

Black shines brightest
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by blackmantis: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2022
Indinified kwa....!

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by BloomingDale(f): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2022
Especially here on Nairaland, always showing images of dead Africans.

Ask the whites why they don't show the images of dead white people in their media. This is because it dehumanizes you to such an extent that other groups of people, and even you own people don't regard you as a human being. That's why the other groups can shoot, kill, dehumanize you without feeling a thing, cos they don't consider you as human.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by ObalendeCMS: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2022
Unago C. Shege
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:17am On Nov 10, 2022
omowolewa:
Appeal to the NGO who took those pictures to appeal for grants
You have a point! Those guys are idiots. They use those images to obtain funds which they use to enrich themselves.

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Reference(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2022
Then tell your folks and your leaders to stop asking for free money only to buy SUV's to visit them in their discrepit villages.

You are completely out of touch and held in a guilty trap that you are unable to identify with the less privileged amongst you thus the lash out.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Ezyp(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2022
sonature1:
Counting by number of countries, Africa is the poorest continent in the world. If you don't like the way the world portrays your people, tell your politicians to start leading right. At least that's where it starts from.

Those pictures are real people that those organisations use to raise funds to take care of them because your leaders failed them. People who work for the United Nations cannot use the pictures of their children for it because they have some of the world's best jobs.

You are right. Our leaders has to do something but honestly, those organizations don't use the money for anything in Africa. In Europe, there are so many of these organizations soliciting their citizens to donate while they display this poor Africa kids. I engaged with one of them and from my findings they are doing it for their own gain.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Kurumaru: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Very true.

I'm yet to see the white man's U.N use the images of white kids to depict a bad omen or situation, even situations that are not African, it is always black kids.
May God have mercy on the black race.
Better still, may the BLACK RACE HAVE MERCY ON THEMSELVES..
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by codemaniacs: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
[b]‘Stop using African children’s images in undignified circumstances

Your heading is wrong. The spelling is not indinified. It is indignified..
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by kaey10(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2022
Its funny how i see some comments about telling our politicians to stop looting. The question i want to ask is who vote for those politicians? The parent of some of the kids in those photos are the same people who vote based on tribe, religion, and ethnicity.

Just like what is happening right now, even if we make the mistake of voting for a corrupt politician for the first time what stops us from voting for the right person in the next election? But it never happens in Africa, especially in Nigeria. We have Senator that have spent 20 years in the Senate with nothing to show but guess what people will still vote for them again

2023 is coming, we have presidential candidates and politicians trying to get into office again with nothing to offer but to steal and plunge the country more into poverty. My problem is the people that votes for them or support them know they are corrupt but they don't care, so long na their person dey their.

Most of the politicians you see today were already successful in their 20s and 30s. I have seen never youths with so much uncertainty about their future behave this way. It scares me a lot i swear or maybe I'm just tripping.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Reference(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2022
Ezyp:

You are right. Our leaders has to do something but honestly, those organizations don't use the money for anything in Africa. In Europe, there are so many of these organizations soliciting their citizens to donate while they display this poor Africa kids. I engaged with one of them and from my findings they are doing it for their own gain.

Does Africa need these intervention funds or not. That is the question. If it does not then the 'fraud' will not exist.

I am listening to the morning news right now and a certain minister is proudly declaring how the FIRS is to build an 18 billion naira office in Lagos to save 4 billion naira in rent and will go ahead to procure a 250 house estate for staff who presently live in their offices and lodge in hotels.

That is the problem. A government completely detached from the governed. It has billions to spend on itself, not the people. Whereas those they borrow from govern their nations equitably.

That is where all the anger and bile should be directed because for as long as poverty is manufactured in the third world in industrial quantities there will be trade in misery.

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by semanose: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2022
ask4bk:
I remember one white man that took photo of us as teenagers.
He insisted we shouldn't smile and we should bump out our stomach.
Na so we leave am comot.

Another one was about to take us picture and we were in the sun. He said we should leave the sun and go to shade because "when sun hits black men, no one sees their dark faces in pictures".

Them no wan make you fine.
Ahhh.... We had to force him to retract that statement
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by engrchykae(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
Black is gold

here we go
black is gold and diamonds
White is silver
Now,who is superior?
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by sonature1: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2022
Ezyp:

This is totally FALSE.

Walk around you and you will see how USAID, DFID and other foreign agencies are helping kids in this country. I have personally seen lots of projects they funded, including in my village

We should be worried about the kind of people we are than what someone else does with mere pictures. This country has no values and it's very disturbing. Go through the threads to see the kind of people you have in this country.

https://www.nairaland.com/5305630/man-raises-alarm-after-buying

https://www.nairaland.com/3864770/free-fruits-donated-saudi-arabia

https://www.nairaland.com/4148159/unicef-bags-meant-idps-sold

https://www.nairaland.com/3070258/food-meant-refugees-idp-camps

1 Like

Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by omojeesu(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2022
Go to Kensington Adebutu (Baba Ijebu). Present your case. If genuine he may help you. Google him.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by xcodedc(m): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2022
sonature1:

Reality isn't always palatable, statistics have it that above 50% of African population are within the poverty line,
The average African child isn't always the direct recipient of the stereotype and degradation; but the elites who are in direct contact with the international community.
The African child understands his position in scheme of life and its why he is willing to take the most inhumane treatment just to survive.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by naijapikin2(m): 8:57am On Nov 10, 2022
Them full nairaland here.

Other do religious intimidation (righteousness)

Others na to force us to accept old men (tinubu and atiku supporters)

Others na cyber bullying (some obi supporters, I'll still vote obi..)

Others na snake bullying (make una tell me which mod be day?)
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by BigBashiru: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Black is beautiful. Even the oyibo's, I'm sure deep down, they envy us. That's why they don't want Africa to grow.

Deep down they do! Those guys are the poverty capital of the world....they also envy us because we have bigger land mass and better weather....
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by Dearlord(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2022
The world was vawulence and vawulence is the world, so nobody should expect Peace in the world
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by jojothaiv(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Zoharariel:
Ayafi Indinified naa. I been wan rush go open dictionary before to check the meaning until I opened the thread.

Shey MODs for Nairaland no dey proofread the subject of the threads they push to the frontage nii?

I no understand.
I thought I was only one though I understand the point but then....
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by BigBashiru: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2022
xcodedc:

Reality isn't always palatable, statistics have it that above 50% of African population are within the poverty line,
The average African child isn't always the direct recipient of the stereotype and degradation; but the elites who are in direct contact with the international community.
The African child understands his position in scheme of life and its why he is willing to take the most inhumane treatment just to survive.

Those statistics you quote are western funded....western statistics eg those from United Nations....western statistics never say anything good about Africa.
Re: Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children by BigBashiru: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2022
xcodedc:

Those are western funded statistics....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Is Not On Any Social Media- Presidency / Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record / PPA Candiate, Goddy Ezeemo Arrives Polling Unit But No INEC Officials (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.