Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers (4065 Views)

The Hostages Rescued By Soldiers In Borno. Photos / Weapons Recovered From Criminals By Soldiers In The North. Photos / More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by rockyteg: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu beaten to coma by Soldiers

, For ordering His Thugs to assault an Army Captain
…"In Abia You Don't Shop With Him At same time”

Gov. T. A Orji

Chinedu, eldest son of Abia state Governor, Theodore Orji, escaped death by whiskers, few weeks ago when he was battered and horsewhipped by soldiers in the state capital, for assaulting an Army captain.

Pointblank news.com sources hinted Chinedu was so bloodied with several broken bones that his father had to send him to a London Hospital for surgery.

But in a curious twist, the Army captain was kidnapped few days after the incident in Ohafia Local Government Area by hoodlums apparently at the behest of Chinedu. As at the time of going to press, the Army was still negotiating with the kidnappers.

Trouble started for the Governor's son when he and his thugs and body guards visited Capital supermarket in Umuahia and ordered every shopper to leave. Chinedu's usual style is, whenever he is around to shop anywhere in the state, his bodyguards and thugs order everyone to exit.

But on this fateful day luck ran out on the spoilt brat. Our source said when Chinedu visited Capital Supermarket the few shoppers scampered out at the sight of his thugs and guards, but an Army captain, and his orderly, who were in civilian clothes, refused to leave.

Pointblank news.com sources said when the army officer ignored the orders by Chinedu's thugs for him to leave, the Governor's son approached the officer and bellowed " do you know who I am?"

According to our investigation the officer replied " I don't know who you are and don’t want to know you". This effrontery infuriated the Governor's son who responded with a smack to the face of the officer.

Said our source "he slapped the officer and asked his thugs to deal with him. They pounced on the officer and his orderly who were outnumbered. They beat them so bad and threw them out"

It was further gathered that few minutes after the assault, the orderly put a call through to Army Barracks in Umuahia.

Continued the source "they came in four trucks, full military fatigue, riffles and horsewhips. At that time Chinedu had settled to shop. When they came in hell broke loose. They took Chinedu and his boys down; beat them so bad with gun butts, and horsewhips. "

Pointblank news.com gathered further that after the beating, they were all thrown on the floor of the truck and driven to headquarters, where they were locked up, and tortured further.

According to our source, he and his thugs were detained at the barracks for days until the Chief of Army Staff, General Ihejirika intervened.

“He was released after the Governor apologized, and the Army chief intervened. Chinedu could not walk, he had cuts bruises, and fractures. He was later flown to London for surgery. Not sure if he is back, but someone told me they saw his car"
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by Elgeeone: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2011
WHEN SHALL ABIA, "GOD'S OWN STATE", BE FREE FROM THE CLUTCHES OF THE DEVIL?
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by mbatuku1: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
It will soon be his father's turn.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by IYANGBALI: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
they should have killed the bastard, governor,s son my foot hisses and walks away
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by cantell(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

they should have killed the bastard, governor,s son my foot hisses and walks away
So much hate! Were you a descendant of jezebel?
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by Jakumo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
This is a clear case of "Man Pass Man" which degenerated into a situation that can be characterized as "Trouble dey sleep - Yanga go wake am".

Hopefully the governor's son, our aspiring boxer, will recover from his hospitalization without any major lasting brain damage ha ha ha.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by ReachRich(m): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
The useless governor has denied this incident on his facebook page.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
But in a curious twist, [size=18pt]the Army captain was kidnapped[/size] few days after the incident in Ohafia Local Government Area by hoodlums apparently [size=18pt]at the behest of Chinedu[/size]. As at the time of going to press, the Army was still negotiating with the kidnappers.

Said our source "[size=18pt]he slapped the officer and asked his thugs to deal with him. They pounced on the officer and his orderly who were outnumbered. They beat them so bad and threw them out[/size]"

Continued the source "[size=18pt]they (army)[/size] came in four trucks, full military fatigue, riffles and horsewhips. At that time Chinedu had settled to shop. When they came in hell broke loose. [size=18pt]They took Chinedu and his boys down; beat them so bad with gun butts, and horsewhips. [/size]"

“[size=18pt]He (Chinedu) was released after the Governor apologized, and the Army chief intervened.[/size] Chinedu could not walk, he had cuts bruises, and fractures. He was later flown to London for surgery. Not sure if he is back, but someone told me they saw his car"

Disorder in politics. EVERYBODY involved should be jailed.

Army units being misused

Gov's son outlawed, saved by his papa's position.

In a civilized society, unlike Abia's, they would have all been jailed. In Abia, a regular citizen, would have been jailed. But since Chinedu na papa's son, he gets to walk out free (not literally, since he can't walk thanks to superior knockdown).

LAWLESSNESS.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2011
This is a battle the captain can't win. He may be mercilessly dealt with and even killed in captivity by his abductors - and of course there would be no way of proving that the governor or his son had a hand in it. In a place like Abia where thousands of local Ohafia and Ngwa 'warriors' (brutal and fortified) are willing to spill their blood for their paymaster (i.e. governor). I foresee trouble for the captain. He has a price on his head.

But then, maybe the entire story isn't true.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by Afam4eva(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2011
This sounds like a scene from a nollywood movie.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by Abali1(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2011
Last week I heard two men talking about this incident in Aba, but I didn't know it was about the Gov's son.
Anyway like one of the men said "His cup was already full"

And some guys believe that Abia Has been Liberated.
Re: Abia Gov's Son, Chinedu Beaten To Coma By Soldiers by T8ksy(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2011
But in a curious twist, the Army captain was kidnapped few days after the incident in Ohafia Local Government Area by hoodlums apparently at the behest of Chinedu. As at the time of going to press, the Army was still negotiating with the kidnappers.

See me, see trouble o!

army dey negotiate with kidnappers for one of their own!

See how "God's own state" don morph into a "den of kidnappers".

I  beg, mak dem hurry up and kidnap the mofo for aso rock, called "terrible luck".

We no go pay di ransom, efen if na 10kobo dem want. grin[/b]

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN / Gmb & Other African Presidents Above Age 70 / Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Vote Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.