Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie (28730 Views)

UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by donhils: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
Light78:
I have a sister schooling in the East.

I send her 300k every month.

If she squanders it before the 7th of the new months, that's her business.

I won't take her calls till the ending of the month.
Ọdị egwu
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by thymm: 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2022
captainzee4life:
I'm so confused now as I pen down this.

Please senior and mature sirs/ma in the house what should I do? I have run out of options.

So far you haven't been misusing the money, don't feel too bad in your mind. You already have a working formula, why change it
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by luluosas(m): 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
Is he your sponsor for your education, or just assisting? Please be clear

captainzee4life:

Each time I call my brother to please send me money for upkeep in school, he won't give me. I asked him why but he will tell me he doesn't have it.

But whenever they tell him I'm sick in school by the sick bay head, he will rush and send money into the account for drugs.

During the long strike, I worked at a bread factory to raise money for my upkeep in school in school.

Now, my department has a compulsory excursion and it way expensive. I called him and told him and he said, "He doesn't have the money."

I used the money I saved to pay for the compulsory excursion. I will be down with nothing for upkeep.

I don't want to lie or keep lying about my health to get money from him.

Please senior and mature sirs/ma in the house what should I do? I have run out of options.
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by luluosas(m): 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
You say? What if you are lying bros?
Light78:

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by phemmyfour: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
captainzee4life:

Each time I call my brother to please send me money for upkeep in school, he won't give me. I asked him why but he will tell me he doesn't have it.

But whenever they tell him I'm sick in school by the sick bay head, he will rush and send money into the account for drugs.

During the long strike, I worked at a bread factory to raise money for my upkeep in school in school.

Now, my department has a compulsory excursion and it way expensive. I called him and told him and he said, "He doesn't have the money."

I used the money I saved to pay for the compulsory excursion. I will be down with nothing for upkeep.

Get a list of what you need and send to him. Always give him a breakdown
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by ogene144(m): 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2022
Light78:

Fake life Nigerians with lies
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Olowosaudi(m): 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hmmm. Your elder brother doesn't owe you a dime. Stop this entitlement mentality bro and go out there and hussle for your daily bread. Many persons were born without parents who died before their birth and they still grew up to become somebody in life. Do same and stop this nonsense of he doesn't care. He is not your God na.
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
Light78:

300k a month. You be senator? How much u dey earn? Even if u dey earn N3 million a month you can't send 300k monthly to a student. abi you 30k u be won talk

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Blazadenise(m): 11:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
Pandev:
undecided
You think say your brother dey pluck money like cashew? By the time you get older and your little ones start to dey depend on you, na that time you go understand your brother. E no easy as you dey look am so.

Even cashew where you won see am pluck, the tree no they Lagos again, them done cut them down use the space build shop.
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by wamide042(m): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Light78:

.. Hmm!! Wow… is a wawu !!!!
I sha know that your conscience will be telling you that you’re lying..
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by diplomat058(m): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
dominique:

Shiando how market? I'm sure you know a thing or two about faking illnesses to swindle money from people grin. Quote me, I want to see something, hopeless pathetic beggar

So Dominique, my current favorite mod sef get vawulence cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by toprealman: 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
captainzee4life:

You have a good brother.
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by forayfleo(m): 12:09am On Nov 11, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Take up a professional lying course and you'll be a billionaire in no time.
then keep lying to him biko
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Probz(m): 1:20am On Nov 11, 2022
Maybe he’s struggling himself and can only afford to part with some disposable at the moment if he thinks it’s emergent. There are people across the world who have to pay whatever pounds or pennies (stupidly-small amounts) they have left after fuel and whatnot towards their rent and hope that there’s just-about enough activity going on between their account and landlord in the pre.-rich meantime to stop their debt going to a third-party collection agency because once it does (or the equivalent) you’re for it for at-least 13 months. And that ain’t even the half of it.

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Probz(m): 1:30am On Nov 11, 2022
FalseProphet1:
When you graduate and start earning money in this economy you'll understand how difficult it is to send someone money.

This I have seen.

That’s the one and this is the situation all over the world, even in guaranteed multi-collared professions (medicine, accounting, etc.; it’s all a long waiting game at the mo.). Just getting a job in the first place can be hard enough but when you do you’re often bathing and washing in cold water, walking and getting raggedy transport to save on fuel and taxi-fares and skipping meals just to stand a chance of covering important bills and clearing pressing debts. You don’t want to get into the cycle of having to break financial promises any more than necessary so if someone who’s open-hearted and obviously generous says they can’t help you like that in that very moment (either at-all or on any less than an emergent basis) they probably genuinely can’t. I hate people with Ps who choose to be stingy and selfish as much as the next person but it shouldn’t be a case, either, of someone thinking they’re entitled to someone-else’s money just like that (especially without even knowing their financial circumstances). The entitlement, the ingratitude and the immaturity of it all can really be revolting.

As for me, I’ll help if I can (and even offer spontaneously when my bank-account’s set up like that and someone could do with some money) in a heartbeat but when I’m struggling myself and I’ve for a long line of people asking for money people have to wait and understand that I can’t click my fingers and get enough disposable to part with month-by-month just like that. Join the queue, innit.

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by romunu(m): 1:55am On Nov 11, 2022
Wicked lamba
post=118284542:

SECONDED!!

End Of Thread.

Thank you Big Brother Nigeria.
We don hear.
Thanks for this evening LAMBA.
NL LAMBA of the Day! wink cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by abuhusna1: 4:39am On Nov 11, 2022
post=118284542:

SECONDED!!

End Of Thread.

We don hear.
Original lamba lol. Giving a sister 300k from how much he dey earn. Even if it's true he may be spoiling the future if that sister cos she go dey expect make her husband dey spend like that as well on top her
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by pikechukwu6(m): 4:54am On Nov 11, 2022
OP, keep lying till you start making morney. After all he will give us our daily bread grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by cardoctor(m): 5:33am On Nov 11, 2022
Should we ask you to lie?
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by newmoney133: 5:35am On Nov 11, 2022
How about your parent?Elder sibling dey try.Which one is compulsory excursion?

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:39am On Nov 11, 2022
post=118284542:

SECONDED!!

End Of Thread.

We don hear.

Loooooooooool, you eh... I don laugh tire... Big brother indeed

Looooool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Tzar(m): 5:44am On Nov 11, 2022
What you should do is to:
1. Start living life as if your brother is dead. It is his money not yours. Don’t be entitled to someone elses money. It is sad that he isn’t helping, but you need to learn to live with that reality & stop lying !
2. Think of something you can do to raise money. For instance you can take your shool ID card along when you go look for people who will give you a job. Let them know you need the job to survive in school.
3. You can do the following jobs on weekends and weekday evenings: Washing clothes for people, washing cars in estates far from your school, sweeping compunds, teaching secondary school students at tutorial centers in the evening, doing home lessons, home service cutting people’s hair if you have the skill, etc.
4. Approach big men/women in your church/mosque, talk to your pastor/imam to help. Remember to introduce yourself with your student ID. Let people know you don’t necessarily need handouts and you are ready to work.
5. When you get the jobs, cut down drastically on any extravagance, develop the attitude of saving and continue to be diligent and committed to your job and school.
6. Try not to date for now. You can be only date if you see a woman who understands your predicament and is willing to be with you, this is a rarity in Nigeria of today. So, don’t add woman headache to yours for now.

captainzee4life:

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Plugsk(m): 5:46am On Nov 11, 2022
Simple. Dropout, go make your money and save yourself the unnecessary stress. If you're stressing in school, you're not studying
captainzee4life:

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by adontcare(f): 6:34am On Nov 11, 2022
Light78:

ehen?

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Paracetamol01: 6:38am On Nov 11, 2022
Light78:

I guess you mean 30k
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by WilsonBright935: 6:40am On Nov 11, 2022
Light78:

Omo your own better o cheesy cheesy

I have a sister schooling in the North-East

I send her 1m every month and she squanders it within a week.

I've blocked her sha

No be only she ah dey work for. tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:45am On Nov 11, 2022
Sapicesa:
Entitlement mentality

I swear.
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Probz(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2022
Tzar:
What you should do is to:
1. Start living life as if your brother is dead. It is his money not yours. Don’t be entitled to someone elses money. It is sad that he isn’t helping, but you need to learn to live with that reality & stop lying !
2. Think of something you can do to raise money. For instance you can take your shool ID card along when you go look for people who will give you a job. Let them know you need the job to survive in school.
3. You can do the following jobs on weekends and weekday evenings: Washing clothes for people, washing cars in estates far from your school, sweeping compunds, teaching secondary school students at tutorial centers in the evening, doing home lessons, home service cutting people’s hair if you have the skill, etc.
4. Approach big men/women in your church/mosque, talk to your pastor/imam to help. Remember to introduce yourself with your student ID. Let people know you don’t necessarily need handouts and you are ready to work.
5. When you get the jobs, cut down drastically on any extravagance, develop the attitude of saving and continue to be diligent and committed to your job and school.
6. Try not to date for now. You can be only date if you see a woman who understands your predicament and is willing to be with you, this is a rarity in Nigeria of today. So, don’t add woman headache to yours for now.

I like what you’re saying but point 2 is a bit of a random one. Why would you put so much emphasis on her carrying an ID card with her?
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by virginchaser(m): 7:27am On Nov 11, 2022
Light78:

300k for maintenance? How much would she be paid when she get appointment?
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by vickydevoka(m): 7:29am On Nov 11, 2022
specialofficer:
My elder sis is the bread winner of my family, it's just my mum, sis and i, I know my sis has up to 30m but she can never dash me 50k, she hasn't done it before except I run her street (which I regretted my actions) but if I lie to her she'll give me but she'll still make enquiry to know if I'm really saying the truth
Entitlement mentality wanted to ruin my life. As soon as I erased all my rich love ones from head I became rich
Re: My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie by Tzar(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2022
1. In Nigeria today, I will not employ any random Nigerian that cannot be tracked.
2. People will naturally empathize with a hardworking and enterprising student. Most people have been in that situation at a time in their life. The fact that there is a student willing to work to earn money and not comit crime or do something immoral is a subtle way to motivate people to help.
3. I will not believe any young Nigerian who just shows up at my door for help without an ID that I can verify his/her student status from the school. Everyone should do this for security reasons.
Probz:

I like what you’re saying but point 2 is a bit of a random one. Why would you put so much emphasis on her carrying an ID card with her?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes / Woman Unknowingly Married Her Father / Italian Man Walks The Equivalent Of Abuja To Kano Distance To Get Away From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.