Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. (2925 Views)

Top 5 Challenges Faced By Beginner Developers In Nigeria / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / Private Training Of C++ To Beginner In Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Sheriman(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2022
eventainment:

A freelancer might have months of no clients too but full time jobs are always certain of pay by month ends... Freelance jobs are more demanding especially if a Nigerian is your client... Trust me I'm tired of freelancing I need a remote job at the moment.
E no easy my brother. Programmers must eat
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Tenrack: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2022
Maxxim:

You're right boss, I believe someone whose mind is made up would have made some effort instead of whining all day.

Thanks for the heads up, enjoy your weekend sir
bro. Good day. Are you just starting out?
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Maxxim: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
Tenrack:
bro. Good day. Are you just starting out?
No, it's been a while now
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Tenrack: 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
Maxxim:

No, it's been a while now
abeg I fit tag along? I need resources and someone to keep me on my toes
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Maxxim: 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2022
Tenrack:
abeg I fit tag along? I need resources and someone to keep me on my toes
I can't keep you accountable cause I struggle myself, I can only give suggestions and resources which isn't a specific course, I watch different youtube videos which and some books also. If you need a roadmap that'll make things easier I'll suggest you sign up for the havard cs50 course start from the introduction to computer science then the web development course.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Tenrack: 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2022
Maxxim:

I can't keep you accountable cause I struggle myself, I can only give suggestions and resources which isn't a specific course, I watch different youtube videos which and some books also. If you need a roadmap that'll make things easier I'll suggest you sign up for the havard cs50 course start from the introduction to computer science then the web development course.
bro that Harvard course I tried it, mehn . I wasn't feeling it won't lie.
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Maxxim: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Tenrack:
bro that Harvard course I tried it, mehn . I wasn't feeling it won't lie.
You're not supposed to feel it bro, that's how it feels, it's just like breaking through a concrete wall, so one has to be intentional about it.

If that path doesn't feel interesting to you there's frontend mentor.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Tenrack: 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
Maxxim:

You're not supposed to feel it bro, that's how it feels, it's just like breaking through a concrete wall, so one has to be intentional about it.

If that path doesn't feel interesting to you there's frontend mentor.
mehn.. can I send a DM please
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Maxxim: 2:20am On Nov 12, 2022
Tenrack:
mehn.. can I send a DM please
Sure bro, the email on my signature
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Tenrack: 8:27am On Nov 12, 2022
Maxxim:

Sure bro, the email on my signature
ok. Sending it now. Thanks
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Maxxim: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2022
Tenrack:
ok. Sending it now. Thanks
Okay
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2022
Js boys are reacting badly to this post because they didn't their stack mentioned there

PHP is just like C ; most people think they're dead but it is what runs the world
C is more used than c++ as PHP is more used than js
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Itsokayo: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Trolling is my full time job and very high in demand these days grin

Still here waiting for when you'll finally quit and migrate to runs business which is your destiny.

This programming thing will never work for u! angry

you are an idiot sir. You are also a failure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Aloof: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Devdevdev:
I created this thread because I've finally arrived at an answer to the question I've been having for the past month. What languages should I focus on to get jobs as a beginner developer.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the answer I've gotten is making me lean a bit in that direction regarding this subject.

For the past 3 years, social media has been pervaded with lies about the technologies that gives a beginner an advantage in the current job market, especially for those who are self taught.

I've done my research and these are the in demand technologies locally and abroad.

For Frontend:

Reactjs (Redux -Nextjs - Gatsby)
Typescript.
For styling: Tailwind

For Backend:
Nodejs,
PHP with laravel framework
Java with Springboot frame work.

On few occasions I see some ASP.net and Ruby on rails, but the highlighted are the ones that always come up.

For Data Bases: Postgresql and MySQL

On freelance sites, the most in demand language is PHP and I see lots of jobs needing wordpress, magento, drupal and shopify knowledge.

But when you go on social media, everyone will tell you to learn basic HTML CSS and JavaScript as if any company would employ anyone that knows just that. Even learning basic react without any added frameworks is not enough for a front end developer.

The worst is those that tell you to learn Python. I almost never see any Jobs for Python, whether it's the Django framework or Flask. Most jobs in python are in Data science and Machine learning, and you have to be a data scientist or advanced mathematician to work in those fields.

The amount of gatekeeping and lies is astounding. Everyone says PHP is dead, yet, one in every three jobs I see requires PHP.
Four in every five freelancer jobs require PHP.

The only reason I'm even learning Python is just to use in it in solving data structures and algorithms and I won't use it beyond that. I don't have time to start learning Java as I'm preoccupied with JavaScript for frontend and backend, along with DSAs and some PHP laravel. In the future I'll pick it up.

Programming isn't saturated, it's just filled with clueless, incompetent people with half-baked skills who haven't done the right research.

Interesting.

Like For how long have you been learning programming?

I heard its hard, but I feel discipline is the hardest part of learning it.
It's not easy to sit and be on your computer for double hours per day.

It will take a very long time before it gets saturated, if it will ever get..
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Kipaji: 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
Devdevdev:
I created this thread because I've finally arrived at an answer to the question I've been having for the past month. What languages should I focus on to get jobs as a beginner developer.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the answer I've gotten is making me lean a bit in that direction regarding this subject.

For the past 3 years, social media has been pervaded with lies about the technologies that gives a beginner an advantage in the current job market, especially for those who are self taught.

I've done my research and these are the in demand technologies locally and abroad.

For Frontend:

Typescript.

For Backend:
Nodejs,

On few occasions I see some ASP.net and Ruby on rails, but the highlighted are the ones that always come up.

On freelance sites, the most in demand language is PHP and I see lots of jobs needing wordpress, magento, drupal and shopify knowledge.

But when you go on social media, everyone will tell you to learn basic HTML CSS and JavaScript as if any company would employ anyone that knows just that. Even learning basic react without any added frameworks is not enough for a front end developer.

The worst is those that tell you to learn Python. I almost never see any Jobs for Python, whether it's the Django framework or Flask. Most jobs in python are in Data science and Machine learning, and you have to be a data scientist or advanced mathematician to work in those fields.

The amount of gatekeeping and lies is astounding. Everyone says PHP is dead, yet, one in every three jobs I see requires PHP.

The only reason I'm even learning Python is just to use in it in solving data structures and algorithms and I won't use it beyond that. I don't have time to start learning Java as I'm preoccupied with JavaScript for frontend and backend, along with DSAs and some PHP laravel. In the future I'll pick it up.

Programming isn't saturated, it's just filled with clueless, incompetent people with half-baked skills who haven't done the right research.

Make a YouTube video about it for us and share it here.
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by chiedozie198100: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2022
Guys please help me rate this Android app. It's my production:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nigerianstatequizgame.nigerianstates
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Deicide: 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
If it Nigeria, you see this two Language Java and PHP just learn it grin
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by AutoshalomUSA: 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
DevDev , I really admire your courage and tenacity .
One to know tho in tech , always keep improving and updating your stacks . Thos CSS, html,&java used to be kings when I was under 20 . But they are old like me now lol . But still used across most frameworks today like me too lol …. Old soldier never dies.

Are you full stacked or you are front facing or , hiding at the backend of the internet ? Which stack is your bread honey and tea

Devdevdev:

For Frontend:

Typescript.

For Backend:
Nodejs,

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by AutoshalomUSA: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
It’s good educational tool . I know many adults that do t know these , not that it matters anyways . But it’s good to know about where you are from . So the history can last longer .
Good app concept , Improve the UI designs and you might be on to something.

chiedozie198100:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nigerianstatequizgame.nigerianstates
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by chiedozie198100: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
AutoshalomUSA:
It’s good educational tool . I know many adults that do t know these , not that it matters anyways . But it’s good to know about where you are from . So the history can last longer .
Good app concept , Improve the UI designs and you might be on to something.

I'm very grateful for your critique.
Please any specific part of the UI u think needs improvement?
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by AutoshalomUSA: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
The button sizes could be reduced . Could use the green and white colors . Try a more cooler font .
You got it !
chiedozie198100:

I'm very grateful for your critique.
Please any specific part of the UI u think needs improvement?
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by chiedozie198100: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
AutoshalomUSA:
The button sizes could be reduced . Could use the green and white colors . Try a more cooler font .
You got it !

Thank you very much.
Your suggestions are noted.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by chiedozie198100: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Interesting

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by Saverin: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2022
Devdevdev:

For Frontend:

Typescript.

For Backend:
Nodejs,

Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by T0BY(m): 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
Re: Social Media Is Lying To Beginner Developers. by ekehopp2: 8:52am On Apr 16
Devdevdev:

For Frontend:

Typescript.

For Backend:
Nodejs,

Most of the languages/frameworks you listed are already on my ToDo/DOne list.
You spoke the truth!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. / Who Built Theses Apps. Wificall App, Oride App, And Kobo360 App / Programming Section Moderator Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.