Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum (1338 Views)

I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / Blue-Eyed Risikat Azeez Makes Peace With Her Husband (Photos) / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by culf: 12:49am On Nov 11, 2022
beautyhd:
She said, get out of her sight and you didn’t greet her for 3 weeks.

If she had said, you are very stupid nko? You would have killed and buried her.

Somethings I read here sometimes, I believe they are fiction.

I weak! mother that some of us are looking for! life!
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by frozen70(f): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2022
DCmaverick:

wow, i find this ur advice very useful now. thanks for that

Thanks dear
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by TheboyGhost(m): 6:29am On Nov 11, 2022
shege45:
una dey piss me off. So even if your mom wan kill you, u go still say no matter what she is still your mom

The thing weak me ooh angry
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by TheboyGhost(m): 6:33am On Nov 11, 2022
Bro, mama or no mama !!! Na you fit control your future and life!!!

If your old woman is wrong then you should tell her to her face biko, same with your old man!!!

If any like make em vex but don't stop greeting her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:56am On Nov 11, 2022
TheboyGhost:
Bro, mama or no mama !!! Na you fit control your future and life!!!

If your old woman is wrong then you should tell her to her face biko, same with your old man!!!

If any like make em vex but don't stop greeting her.

This is the only advice i see here.

Others are from the usual roaming kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2022
frozen70:

The only help you need is, get some one she respects to reconcile both of you

Having done that, next time she and dad starts their drama, stand with mum

You dont know what she is passing through and you scolding her makes it loveless for her

You need to make peace with her and she will tell you somethings that made her react that way
By then you will understand better

Imagine this kind of stupid advice!
And the guy is thanking you!

He should "stand with mum" whenever there's an argument with his dad, even if the woman is wrong
You must have been raised by a single, mannerless, quarelsome and wannabe feminist mother!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by frozen70(f): 7:12am On Nov 11, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Imagine this kind of stupid advice!
And the guy is thanking you!

He should "stand with mum" whenever there's an argument with his dad, even if the woman is wrong
You must have been raised by a single, mannerless, quarelsome and wannabe feminist mother!

I know that a pig gave birth to you not a woman

So keep behaving like a piglet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by shege45: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2022
DCmaverick:

yh
funny. Well, it’s your own reasoning. Just keep am to your self
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by ceeceeuwa: 9:49am On Nov 11, 2022
DCmaverick:
Yh like the headline it true, am finding it difficult to make peace with her.

Am writing this with agony in my heart cry , it all started when my parent were having a misunderstanding so i got angry angry with both of them, i tried telling my mum her wrong rather for she to accept it she got angry and say i should get out of her sight, i angrily left the house to my uncles place. from that day till now it been up to 3 weeks now i no longer greet my mum, i even black list her line.

Honestly am feeling it,i miss her motherly care, i love my mum from the depth of my heart but am still finding it hard to talk to her even if we both pass the same road i dont greet her.
please and please i really need advice on this cry cry cry, i want to make peace with my beloved mum cus it only she i have.

Please help guys cry cry cry
How old are you?
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by DCmaverick(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

How old are you?

am 19 this year
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2022
DCmaverick:
Yh like the headline it true, am finding it difficult to make peace with her.

Am writing this with agony in my heart cry , it all started when my parent were having a misunderstanding so i got angry angry with both of them, i tried telling my mum her wrong rather for she to accept it she got angry and say i should get out of her sight, i angrily left the house to my uncles place. from that day till now it been up to 3 weeks now i no longer greet my mum, i even black list her line.

Honestly am feeling it,i miss her motherly care, i love my mum from the depth of my heart but am still finding it hard to talk to her even if we both pass the same road i dont greet her.
please and please i really need advice on this cry cry cry, i want to make peace with my beloved mum cus it only she i have.

Please help guys cry cry cry

i will say two points that might make you see thing different

1 most african parents dont like to be corrected by their own kids nomatter how wrong they are. The same people who send you to skol to learn and when correct them with something that you learnt from skol, they say you are becoming big headed etc by its same person who sent you to skol to learn.

2 Married people are difficult to deal with, as sometimes they set each other for arguements eg you said was wrong but you might know they have underlining issue from previous issues that were not resolved, so a small issue is overblown due to previous unsolved issues and anger. So you might not have seen the issue from the surface, while there are other issues

1 Like

Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by FEGEITOK: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

1 most african parents dont like to be corrected by their own kids nomatter how wrong they are. The same people who send you to skol to learn and when correct them with something that you learnt from skol, they say you are becoming big headed etc by its same person who sent you to skol to learn.

2 Married people are difficult to deal with, as sometimes they set each other for arguements eg you said was wrong but you might know they have underlining issue from previous issues that were not resolved, so a small issue is overblown due to previous unsolved issues and anger. So you mind have seen the issue from the surface, while there are other issues

I agree with both points, but I am particularly enamored by the second and bolded
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by Socratiz: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
You created this crisis by the way you intervened in the conflict between your parents.

No one, not even a younger person, would take a correction while in the heat of anger. You should have waited until your mum cooks down before you quietly and respectively discuss the issue with her.

Right now, you have to swallow your pride and go to apologize. Tell her it was youthful exuberance that made you speak harshly to her. Apologize until she forgives you.

Meanwhile, your mum is bound to interpret what you said as being in the camp of your dad. She'd could have expected you to support her in the argument.

That is not to say you can never hold a different opinion on whatever conflict arise between your parents but do not speak to her while she's angry.
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by DCmaverick(m): 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

2 Married people are difficult to deal with, as sometimes they set each other for arguements eg you said was wrong but you might know they have underlining issue from previous issues that were not resolved, so a small issue is overblown due to previous unsolved issues and anger. So you might not have seen the issue from the surface, while there are other issues

i tink dats wat my mum must be passing tru nw
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by DCmaverick(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2022
Socratiz:
You created this crisis by the way you intervened in the conflict between your parents.

No one, not even a younger person, would take a correction while in the heat of anger. You should have waited until your mum cooks down before you quietly and respectively discuss the issue with her.

Right now, you have to swallow your pride and go to apologize. Tell her it was youthful exuberance that made you speak harshly to her. Apologize until she forgives you.

Meanwhile, your mum is bound to interpret what you said as being in the camp of your dad. She'd could have expected you to support her in the argument.

That is not to say you can never hold a different opinion on whatever conflict arise between your parents but do not speak to her while she's angry.

thanks
Re: Am Finding It Hard To Make Peace With My Mum by Nekky5(f): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
Make peace with mum now and have your own peace. A day longer might cause more harm to you thereafter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You This To Your Daughter ? / Married Couples Beware Of / Hapy Mothers Day, Let's C Ow Many Of U Ve Sexy Mothers,post Ur Mum Pic Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.