Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick (2768 Views)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by peterdavidagbo: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2022
Nigerian lady fired from job in UK for saying ‘I’m strong’ when she was sick
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by CivilzedTyger(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2022
I still don't understand why yoruba people say that a lot. Are they that proud that they can't admit vulnerability?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by BanevsJoker(m): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2022
Na their Daddy and Mommy G.O. dey deceive them.
"Let the weak say I am strong".

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by sammirano: 11:41am On Nov 11, 2022
CivilzedTyger:
I still don't understand why yoruba people say that a lot. Are they that proud that they can't admit vulnerability?

Eran. And you can't live in your mud

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by sharpwriter(m): 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
CivilzedTyger:
It's from Christian religious cliche of not declaring evil or negativity on yourself. So when you are actually experiencing negativity, you declare positivity. Afterall Bible says let the weak say I am strong grin

And then there is another that someone's enemy is used as a substitute. For example, if I have a bad dream toward you or I wanna tell you something negative about you with an input of warning, I will simply say, I saw this happened to your enemy, but of course you both understand you are talking about him cheesy

I still subscribe to the second, but the first above, if person sick make e talk say him sick no be to dey use all those deceptive Christian stuff, I see the thing as foolish.

6 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Newyorkitis(m): 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2022
This is where English clashes with Faith.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Natbrowny: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
Newyorkitis:
This is where English clashes with Faith.

U don finish talk. There's nothing wrong with I'm ill or I'm sick. Las las. U use idioms. I'm a little under the weather.

Nigerians dey form religious english for country wey no send dem..

Yankee dey sack on slight tinz oo.. Come late 5mins regularly sef. U r gone.

5 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Berrityga: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2022
Nice one.. She should be deported too. Most Christians are hypocrites. Serves her right.
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Berrityga: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2022
sharpwriter:

It's from Christian religious cliche of not declaring evil or negativity on yourself. So when you are actually experiencing negativity, you declare positivity. Afterall Bible says let the weak say I am strong grin

And then there is another that someone's enemy is used as a substitute. For example, if I have a bad dream toward you or I wanna tell you something negative about you with an input of warning, I will simply say, I saw this happened to your enemy, but of course you both understand you are talking about him cheesy

I still subscribe to the second, but the first above, if person sick make e talk say him sick no be to dey use all those deceptive Christian stuff, I see the thing as foolish.
let the jobless say I'm paid at the end of the month weda salary will enter their account.

3 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by sharpwriter(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
Berrityga:
let the jobless say I'm paid at the end of the month weda salary will enter their account.
Lol... They won't say I'm paid, they would say "I am rich." Na so we see am o with brainwashing for this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Timbar: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2022
sharpwriter:

One of my guy if you ask am for money when him broke him go tell you say "i am rich" the thing com tire me sef

2 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by sharpwriter(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
Timbar:

One of my guy if you ask am for money when him broke him go tell you say "i am rich" the thing com tire me sef
Just tell am say guy "you are broke."

2 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
BanevsJoker:
grin grin grin
No be for diaspora ooooo
Even Daddy GO no go fit try am for dia

1 Like

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by padi94(m): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2022
But that same Christianity says be truthful and the truth will set you free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by mu2sa2: 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2022
BanevsJoker:
You're not wrong. Daddy and mummy GO are probably the biggest fraud in Nigeria -cunny individuals feeding fat on 10% levy and gallivanting about in choice limousines and private jets. They will collect money on behalf of their gods and spend it on behalf of the gods. Look at how they've brainwashed mumus in their tens of thousands, even millions. Imagine, how can a sane person who is visibly ill be mouthing "I'm strong" - that's dishonesty, to say the least. Oyibo won't take such nonsense. Let her un-japa back to Nigeria to come and be daddy and mummy GO's house girl.

2 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Truvelisback(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2022
She think say na Naija she dey. Multivational speakers and preachers are the cause of all these.

2 Likes

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by floss(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lol....maybe dats d reason dis country isn't working because Nigerians keep on saying "this country is finished" grin grin grin
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by faceland: 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2022
She should sue. Even white unbeliever understand positive affirmation. It wasn't an admission.
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by CivilzedTyger(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2022
sharpwriter:

I totally agree. Enlightening reply. Religion is indeed the opium of the people

1 Like

Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by CivilzedTyger(m): 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2022
sammirano:

Eran. And you can't live in your mud
Who says I'm Igbo? I'm just a simple tribal guy asking a simple question. I'm Ebira to be precise
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by osizi06(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
This is kinda funny to me �
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by sammirano: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2022
CivilzedTyger:
Who says I'm Igbo? I'm just a simple tribal guy asking a simple question. I'm Ebira to be precise

Why You come dey talk life a flatter... Well the statement is not peculiar to Yoruba but Christians, it's faith declaration.
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by iramure(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
BanevsJoker:
very stupid people. Yeye religion
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Baronthecelebri: 11:57pm On Nov 11, 2022
sharpwriter:

shut up
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by 9jaBloke: 6:15am On Nov 12, 2022
Her boss is Team black
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
iramure:
very stupid people. Yeye religion
and we see how ur own dey spread peace all over the Nation
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by iramure(m): 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
FREDCLSSICO7:

and we see how ur own dey spread peace all over the Nation
receive sense please
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2022
iramure:
I'm senseless i need to receive sense
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by CivilzedTyger(m): 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2022
sammirano:

Why You come dey talk life a flatter... Well the statement is not peculiar to Yoruba but Christians, it's faith declaration.
Now I know that. I live around yoruba people and na from their mouth I dey always dey hear that thing
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Tenrack: 7:12am On Nov 14, 2022
CivilzedTyger:
I totally agree. Enlightening reply. Religion is indeed the opium of the people
opium should be a drug right.. please how do you mean?
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by Raph82(m): 8:14am On Nov 14, 2022
BanevsJoker:
And now she's found herself in a big mess, it's not everybody that will resonate with u on some ideological concepts. That's a lesson for her, next time she will read the atmosphere carefully before choosing her words. On a normal reasoning it's a lie to claim u're strong while u're sick in the real sense of it.
Re: Watcnigerian Lady Fired From Job In UK For Saying ‘i’m Strong’ When She Was Sick by CivilzedTyger(m): 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tenrack:
opium should be a drug right.. please how do you mean?
if you are under the influence of opium then you are detached from reality. And you take opium precisely for this reason – because you don’t want to face reality. Because you are in pain, or because your circumstances have become impossible to deal with any other way. Religion, as a kind of spiritual opium, prevents people from realising that their suffering is not the ‘natural’ state of affairs that will be rectified after death, but a material situation that can be changed in this life. Copied

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy In Ibadan / Did Anyone Get An Offer Letter From Nostra Terra Oil And Gas / Customer Support Officers [CLOSED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.