Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? (19537 Views)

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? / How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by StoneLucifer: 2:34am On Nov 13, 2022
MelesZanawi:

Anambra that he ruled for almost a decade, how are they faring over there?
Them don run go Lagos finish.

U people and this low mentality. The Lagos your Tinubu ruled for almost 10 years, why have so many Lagosians dumped Lagos to travel abroad. Mtchwee..

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by mamawa123: 2:44am On Nov 13, 2022
It is good to help others who are in need but one needs to be careful because most of the boy and girls who come here to seek help are here to dupe innocent people.

They will come online to tell us made up and touching stories just to convince us.

Early 2021, one of these guys was here too. He duped a lot of people before he was caught. His nairaland username then was HUSSEINAAA.

Name: Brahmin Husseina.

He is from Kogi State too.

Guys beware

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Dami12345: 3:02am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:
So painful..I cried my eyes out yesterday, have been going for this particular interview since last month, I have been called to that place like 7times in wuse2, from one stage to another. The secretary called me on Wednesday that madam will like to see me,she assured me to get prepared for medicals and all...she told me to be there by 10:00am, I came and was told to wait till 3:00pm before I could see her, of course I patiently waited for her..las las I no get the job didn't know when tears effortlessly flow down from my eyes...I stood there and taught about soooo many things ranging from the transportation I have spent on this particular interview alone ... I kept singing not to break down on the road.

As someone who has suffered in abuja.
Mine is wuse 4 near the market. I walked there a lot.

Anyway, I know of writing gigs that pay about 150$ monthly.
You don't need anything except you phone, data to make uploads and some free time.

I won't ask you for money, but when you make good money and are balance, I would ask you to find a person who truly needs it and build that person too.

If your interested mention.
I'll link you up.

Too many mentions.

I created a tread with the necessary information

https://www.nairaland.com/7430682/writing-gig#118347171

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Dami12345: 3:03am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:
depression is killing me, i tried alot of jobs but i could not secure any, now i even have phobia and i feel hopeless.

The only business i could have put in which is selling of petrol, kerosine and engine oil failed because its will cost atleast 20k to start.

How do i go about this please brothers and sisters?

Can you write?
I told the other girl what I can help with.
This is all I can help with to you too.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by kwasoly(m): 3:13am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:
depression is killing me, i tried alot of jobs but i could not secure any, now i even have phobia and i feel hopeless.

The only business i could have put in which is selling of petrol, kerosine and engine oil failed because its will cost atleast 20k to start.

Everyone just dey caparison nobody say send ur aza.
Make una show the guy love small 1k by 20pple capital dn show.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by abdul4new(m): 3:21am On Nov 13, 2022
The leaders have disappointed the youths.
Meanwhile check my signature
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by DeOTR: 3:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Breakfast is constant in life. You'll always be served breakfasts on your way up the ladder.
It's a thing to you because you're not doing anything yet.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Bugie16: 5:12am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

You don't need anything except you phone, data to make uploads and some free time.

I won't ask you for money, but when you make good money and are balance, I would ask you to find a person who truly needs it and build that person too.

I'll link you up.
Hello sir. I am interested in the writing gig.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Automolite: 5:19am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

Can you write?
I told the other girl what I can help with.
This is all I can help with to you too.
Hi chief.

Can u pls link me up as well. I used to be a content writer on Fiverr (Level 2) before my acct was blocked.
I'd to key into this opportunity if you'd be kind enough to guide me.

Thanks
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by eastgates1: 5:21am On Nov 13, 2022
Dont beg again, look for any construction site and go as laborer work for a month gather money and start that business, my 2 cents.
Goodness34:
i don work, beg, hustle and pray but no one give me brother

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Nezee: 5:34am On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=Dami12345 post=118344821]

I'll link you up.[ please more light]
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by directonpc(m): 5:37am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:

Don't see it as you not being good enough, skill up, keeping moving forward till you meet the perfect opportunity for you
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Nezee: 5:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Please link us up...
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by MyExpression(m): 5:43am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:

Do you mean 20k or 200k?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Zeal0000007(m): 5:43am On Nov 13, 2022
FILEBE:
There wasn't any pain being rejected for a job to be honest. I moved on and worked on myself. Told a company about how their ideas won't work and they got me fired the next day .
The idea never worked .

When life throws lemon... make a lemonade. How sweet will thy success story be without pains and bottlenecks?

Op. Calm down and see these obstacles as chanlenges u need to overcome . If things come so easy.. you won't appreciate it. Tomorrow always come with a new opportunity, Right now it is all about you. No send anybody o. Do whatever legit job you can to raise Capital for your business . Small small...everything go set.

If people tell you what they have done to be where they are today ehn... you will know yours is a child's play.

Then ... I am going to say this. Never ever never ever compare yourself with someone or them intimidate you. Don't let your junior,senior or whoever's wealth make you sad . Remember, overtaking is allowed.

. Own yourself with pride. Na money u no get ...u no kill person . The money self ...u go get am soon.
your advice dey sweet me for belle, I wish u be woman wey I know I for don marry u, weldone bro
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Stevenbright(m): 5:45am On Nov 13, 2022
MelesZanawi:

Great question!
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sweetmaama(m): 5:49am On Nov 13, 2022
Caringty:
Doubting God is a choice. But know that hard times will pass and if you have no faith, it means when you have resources, you won't remember God.
Every person who succeeded did so after hard time. If they have believe God was fake, they would have failed
Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by MyExpression(m): 5:53am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

I'll link you up.

Please link me up with the writing gig.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Danisaint112(m): 5:59am On Nov 13, 2022
MelesZanawi:

They went to Lagos because they are explorers. And mind you they aren't only in Lagos. Dey full Abuja brekete and have a huge population in any state in Naija.

Stop making it look like Lagos is the only place that Igbos are resided simply because they refused to support your candidates Tinubu/Atiku.

Besides the Lagos you mentioned is not like Tokyo Japan. There are still very huge and numerous slums in LAG not to talk of the Agberos there foisted by Tinubu.

You even make it sound like Lagos is the best and safest city In Nigeria. Nonsense and ingredients. sad

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by eventainment(m): 6:01am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:

Sacrifice something to your God. And try again then see the difference
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by mrkings84(m): 6:07am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:

Wait o, you mean u can't raise even 20k to start a business??

Sorry, don't you belong to a family?
Or a church?
Or a mosque?
Or q cult group?

See, it you belongs to any of these groups and they can't raise you 20k to start a business then you are in the wrong place.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:

How old are you?

If you are humble and can endure.. I'll say you should careful look for an igbo man whom you can serve,learn his trade and if you do well,be assured of good settlement(money), and there's lots of things to learn and acquire while with him( if you are a good hustler,u go enjoy am pass those that have been there b4 you or are still there with him)

When I tried and tried,slept in TBS,slept under the building(staircase) of old nitel building, bathe for roadside around 5am for that fcmb side for McCarthy... had to go serve my boss and I give God the GLORY for my life now

Put God first and watch how it plays out

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Skyfornia(m): 6:26am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:
So painful..I cried my eyes out yesterday, have been going for this particular interview since last month, I have been called to that place like 7times in wuse2, from one stage to another. The secretary called me on Wednesday that madam will like to see me,she assured me to get prepared for medicals and all...she told me to be there by 10:00am, I came and was told to wait till 3:00pm before I could see her, of course I patiently waited for her..las las I no get the job didn't know when tears effortlessly flow down from my eyes...I stood there and taught about soooo many things ranging from the transportation I have spent on this particular interview alone ... I kept singing not to break down on the road.

That's so unfair.. putting you in such situation. Don't give up.. God is preparing you for something big
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Skyfornia(m): 6:26am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:

Where is your location
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by iamclime(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:

What skills and qualifications do you have? What kind of jobs are you looking for?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Paulheyman: 6:38am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:

* I went for an interview in a private university, the VC, registrar and body of interviewers comprising of the HOD, dean and staff of my supposed department all congratulated me. They ask that I bring my original MSc certificate, I got the certificate with the little money I had then, while on my way to submit the certificate, I nearly had a head-on collision with a fuel tanker/truck. On getting to the university, the registrar once more congratulated. Guess what? it has been 5yrs after, I've not heard from any of them. The funny thing is that the host community of the said university was attacked by herdsmen some years back.

** After my experience with the university, I swore not to apply for any university job again till after my PhD. So, after my PhD, I applied for a job in another university. Not long ago, I was invited for something entirely different. Funny enough, in terms of qualifications, publications, youthfulness and academic standing I know I am far better than their choice.

*** Before I left PhD, my supervisor told me that "PhD distinguishes and that those that work with God should put in extra effort". So, I started looking out for a postdoc abroad, God willing I am currently on one now and will possibly be leaving the country next year

My point: Nigeria is not built to favor the best. Being proud of your achievements is regarded as arrogance. So, do not be disturbed, mourn your lose and move on with your life. Most times delay isn't denial, you're being prepared for something better

My Advise: Start up your own business, grow it into whatsoever you want it to be and if you've an Android phone follow some government based loans and grants in your state/country. Don't spend all your life savings looking for a job. I believe you're still a youth and that's your greatest advantage

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by micxwell(m): 6:41am On Nov 13, 2022
FILEBE:
There wasn't any pain being rejected for a job to be honest. I moved on and worked on myself. Told a company about how their ideas won't work and they got me fired the next day .
The idea never worked .

When life throws lemon... make a lemonade. How sweet will thy success story be without pains and bottlenecks?

Op. Calm down and see these obstacles as chanlenges u need to overcome . If things come so easy.. you won't appreciate it. Tomorrow always come with a new opportunity, Right now it is all about you. No send anybody o. Do whatever legit job you can to raise Capital for your business . Small small...everything go set.

If people tell you what they have done to be where they are today ehn... you will know yours is a child's play.

Then ... I am going to say this. Never ever never ever compare yourself with someone or them intimidate you. Don't let your junior,senior or whoever's wealth make you sad . Remember, overtaking is allowed.

. Own yourself with pride. Na money u no get ...u no kill person . The money self ...u go get am soon.
Bless you bro. I'm going to follow you.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Beautiful94: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2022
TheGift:

The pain of Job rejection is mostly something I havent been capable of feeling.

For starters, since my 200 Level, many years ago , I already believed that UNEMPLOYMENT IS A CHOICE !!!

"Rejection" should not lead to negativity and feelings of dejection but to positive reflection and action.

Everyone, even Elon Musk, is still learning something everyday.

Be comfortable with failing. That's how you truly learn to succeed.
UNEMPLOYMENT IS A CHOICE? please sir, kindly explain to us. Thank you.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by olalekan1(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2022
A startup company in BAUCHI has been looking for a female accountant for the past six months, no serious person applied. Most that applied wanted to take the job as a side hustle. They don't want to work 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday for 40k salary.

Getting job in this current Nigeria require sacrifice from the job seeker. Sometime you have to let down your ego for glory to find you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Npower Batch A And Npower Batch B: NEXIT Training Commences February / Reasons You Don't Get Much Job Invites As You Should / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.