Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? (19602 Views)

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? / How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by andy4d2ofus(m): 7:55am On Nov 13, 2022
My bro I understand your plight, I was in the same kind of mess some time ago. Frustrated so many time by job interviews but at a time and considerating my age too I told myself I can't work for anybody again , I need to develop my and work for myself. Bro it's two years now am fine and doing well in my business. Making some good six digits monthly. My advice pls stop looking for job , develop yourself with a skill and work for yourself. good luck

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 7:56am On Nov 13, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

Any reputable person here to verify this guy's stories?

/
Thank you uncle for putting smile on his face.
I hope to benefit from you someday.
God bless you, uncle.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by LtChisom: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2022
FILEBE:
There wasn't any pain being rejected for a job to be honest. I moved on and worked on myself. Told a company about how their ideas won't work and they got me fired the next day .
The idea never worked .

When life throws lemon... make a lemonade. How sweet will thy success story be without pains and bottlenecks?

Op. Calm down and see these obstacles as chanlenges u need to overcome . If things come so easy.. you won't appreciate it. Tomorrow always come with a new opportunity, Right now it is all about you. No send anybody o. Do whatever legit job you can to raise Capital for your business . Small small...everything go set.

If people tell you what they have done to be where they are today ehn... you will know yours is a child's play.

Then ... I am going to say this. Never ever never ever compare yourself with someone or them intimidate you. Don't let your junior,senior or whoever's wealth make you sad . Remember, overtaking is allowed.

. Own yourself with pride. Na money u no get ...u no kill person . The money self ...u go get am soon.

Na una follow play Nigeria for handicap odds.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=Nezee post=118345595][/quote].
Ok
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

How old are you?

If you are humble and can endure.. I'll say you should careful look for an igbo man whom you can serve,learn his trade and if you do well,be assured of good settlement(money), and there's lots of things to learn and acquire while with him( if you are a good hustler,u go enjoy am pass those that have been there b4 you or are still there with him)

When I tried and tried,slept in TBS,slept under the building(staircase) of old nitel building, bathe for roadside around 5am for that fcmb side for McCarthy... had to go serve my boss and I give God the GLORY for my life now

Put God first and watch how it plays out
I am 35.
Can I learn trade at that day

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2022
Sweetmaama:
Life is really hard. Right now i'm awake looking at my 2 kids and wife. We were able to eat the only meal by begging. Lord have mercy, i know i'm not lazy. It just that my salary is very poor. By Monday they will be sent back home due to unpaid fees. I don't want to give up but i'm depressed. I have prayed but no response, i'm even doubting God right now. Even if i'm a sinner, should my children go hungry? I'm owing debt here and there, can't walk freely.

Dude, we are just on the same boat. Mine is three kids and a wife. I have really looked for
another job again severally but to no avail. I have good driving and electrical and electronic skills. Lack of capital is killing me and family slowly. Due to lack of food, ulcer has set in for me. I have prayed and believe God severally for a change. I hope I survive this phase. No connection and lack of money for start up. My kids are even out of school as I write! Oh Lord have mercy on me and family!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by riverbird: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2022
Reminderz:
people are going through alot these days... you can't help but just give thanks to Jah... we just have to keep pushing and hoping things get better soon

Very true, all we can do is to thank God for everything.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by LtChisom: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2022
MelesZanawi:

Anambra that he ruled for almost a decade, how are they faring over there?
Them don run go Lagos finish.

The parkinsonism laden diseased heroin damaged leaky shaky organ damaged baron did build a world class hospital at Lagos but just donated it to we yorubas to treat our leaking bladder and brain since he has a mortuary in France to recharge his quarter to quench organs .

Did the idiot forfeit anything to the US government or not?

This is apart from what Bola TINUBU gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But see what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.
12. No landed property
13. No trace of any form of corruption on him till date
14. He's still using his personal money to pay school fees for some children of the poor till date.

Now the two men want to be president.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

yyba:
Roboto11
BigYash:
This one head no correct. Which party turn the country like this? Maybe he no watch Tinubu campaign videos 2015. Fake bishop when no get truth for mouth..
boymelt:

Leave them alone and vote whoever you like. Voting is choice. Stop crying blood.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Annahh(f): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
Goodness34:
depression is killing me, i tried alot of jobs but i could not secure any, now i even have phobia and i feel hopeless.

The only business i could have put in which is selling of petrol, kerosine and engine oil failed because its will cost atleast 20k to start.

How do i go about this please brothers and sisters?
Go spiritual about it. Badluck is following your job search. Seek the face of God.

Apart from that, work on your CV and your self, know how to answer interview questions smartly, know how to compose yourself in an interview. I had an interview, if I wasn't prepared and smart, I would have flopped. God help you okay. Work on yourself.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by mhiztaNexy(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
Sorry. It will become a funny story to tell someday. Don't give up.
graciamore:
So painful..I cried my eyes out yesterday, have been going for this particular interview since last month, I have been called to that place like 7times in wuse2, from one stage to another. The secretary called me on Wednesday that madam will like to see me,she assured me to get prepared for medicals and all...she told me to be there by 10:00am, I came and was told to wait till 3:00pm before I could see her, of course I patiently waited for her..las las I no get the job didn't know when tears effortlessly flow down from my eyes...I stood there and taught about soooo many things ranging from the transportation I have spent on this particular interview alone ... I kept singing not to break down on the road.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
andy4d2ofus:
My bro I understand your plight, I was in the same kind of mess some time ago. Frustrated so many time by job interviews but at a time and considerating my age too I told myself I can't work for anybody again , I need to develop my and work for myself. Bro it's two years now am fine and doing well in my business. Making some good six digits monthly. My advice pls stop looking for job , develop yourself with a skill and work for yourself. good luck
Please which business did you venture and how old were you when you started.
I am 35 still jobless

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Dude, we are just on the same boat. Mine is three kids and a wife. I have really looked for
another job again severally but to no avail. I have good driving and electrical and electronic skills. Lack of capital is killing me and family slowly. Due to lack of food, ulcer has set in for me. I have prayed and believe God severally for a change. I hope I survive this phase. No connection and lack of money for start up. My kids are even out of school as I write! Oh Lord have mercy on me and my family!
You can share your business idea.
You might be lucky to find sponsor

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:
So painful..I cried my eyes out yesterday, have been going for this particular interview since last month, I have been called to that place like 7times in wuse2, from one stage to another. The secretary called me on Wednesday that madam will like to see me,she assured me to get prepared for medicals and all...she told me to be there by 10:00am, I came and was told to wait till 3:00pm before I could see her, of course I patiently waited for her..las las I no get the job didn't know when tears effortlessly flow down from my eyes...I stood there and taught about soooo many things ranging from the transportation I have spent on this particular interview alone ... I kept singing not to break down on the road.

Don't worry. The best moment will come...You will enjoy. I wish I could help.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 8:13am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
You can share your business idea.
You might be lucky to find sponsor
I have a strong passion for driving. I was driving this minibus for hire purchase in Asaba due to lack of job before the owner of the bus hubby took it due to marital problem. I have been looking for another to no avail. I have some wiring skills and electronic knowledge also.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 8:19am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

I have a strong passion for driving. I was driving this minibus for hire purchase in Asaba due to lack of job before the owner of the bus hubby took it due to marital problem. I have been looking for another to no avail. I have some wiring skills and electronic knowledge also.
Where do you base?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by ComradeShegs(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2022
Honestly, if anyone had told me I'll struggle this much to find a job, I would not have believed. Sometimes Ilask myself if I'm a spoon. I served in Minna, stayed back for one year after POP, applied for several jobs to no avail, even went to abj for aptitude test, did numerous job interviews online, nothing was forthcoming.

Even the little I was able to save during NYSC was lost in grains business I invested in. Some days I starved even with the 15k job I was managing in Minna. I do online courses, but no money for sub.

Then early last month I decided to relocated to Lagos with the hope of getting a job. I went for an aptitude test again, I passed, got contacted for an online interview; three stages. This is the 4th week now and I still haven't heard anything from them.

Wetin con hurt me pass na when my uncle indirectly use me preach this morning. The topic was "Diligence in Service"....and he centered on laziness all through.

When things don't go well, they start concluding you're lazy when you stay at home doing nothing.

So you're not alone brother. E go better, na phase.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Cravemore: 8:21am On Nov 13, 2022
rejection is not the end,

9-5 job are not worth it. just become ur own Boss!!

set back are bound to happen, but over come them with prayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Raymond0705: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:

Don't worry job is on the way don't give up on God

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=Sirchiboy post=118347920].
Where do you base?[/quote

I moved from Effurun to Issele-Uku ( close to Asaba) in Delta state to stay with family because of lack of job and money.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by SPAMBOX7: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:
That pain you felt is the same Nigerian guys feel when you eat their money and still break their heart. Feel am small cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by coputa(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2022
NO, means "next opportunity". it's not the end of the world.when the mother hen hatched her eggs,she most times step on the chicks,that doesn't kill them,but makes them stronger.In life you must learn how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by OllyDiamond: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Please how do I contact you, Dami? I am very much interested and would be grateful if you can help me out. Thank you, sir.

Dami12345:

As someone who has suffered in abuja.
Mine is wuse 4 near the market. I walked there a lot.

Anyway, I know of writing gigs that pay about 150$ monthly.
You don't need anything except you phone, data to make uploads and some free time.

I won't ask you for money, but when you make good money and are balance, I would ask you to find a person who truly needs it and build that person too.

If your interested mention.
I'll link you up.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Where do you base?

Close to Asaba in Delta state
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by maxiart2(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:

Ehyaa, sorry about that. That's Naija for you.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Close to Asaba in Delta state
What do you do now in issele uku
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 8:42am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
What do you do now in issele uku
Absolutely nothing! I was driving the minibus from Issele-Uku to Asaba. My family is at Issele-Uku. It is not easy to even to eat since then. I just pity my kids and wife. My number and Whatsapp is zero eight zero two five double nine seven three six nine.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by evioke(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

As someone who has suffered in abuja.
Mine is wuse 4 near the market. I walked there a lot.

Anyway, I know of writing gigs that pay about 150$ monthly.
You don't need anything except you phone, data to make uploads and some free time.

I won't ask you for money, but when you make good money and are balance, I would ask you to find a person who truly needs it and build that person too.

If your interested mention.
I'll link you up.

I am interested in the writing gigs
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by beyondPen(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2022
FILEBE:
There wasn't any pain being rejected for a job to be honest. I moved on and worked on myself. Told a company about how their ideas won't work and they got me fired the next day .
The idea never worked .

When life throws lemon... make a lemonade. How sweet will thy success story be without pains and bottlenecks?

Op. Calm down and see these obstacles as chanlenges u need to overcome . If things come so easy.. you won't appreciate it. Tomorrow always come with a new opportunity, Right now it is all about you. No send anybody o. Do whatever legit job you can to raise Capital for your business . Small small...everything go set.

If people tell you what they have done to be where they are today ehn... you will know yours is a child's play.

Then ... I am going to say this. Never ever never ever compare yourself with someone or them intimidate you. Don't let your junior,senior or whoever's wealth make you sad . Remember, overtaking is allowed.

. Own yourself with pride. Na money u no get ...u no kill person . The money self ...u go get am soon.

One of the best advice out here.

I remember when i had nothing and depressed.

Then i rose up, did exactly what you wrote and now i own my business.

If the youths could only be focus and go into any industry learning a skill and pound that industry hard with time you will smile.

But it requires patience and perseverance.

Nowadays our youths are Lazy. No one want to learn mechanic, electrical, carpentary and furnishing, caterpillar repairs, computer repair, tayloring and so on. They want to ride cars like their young friends.

Lastly, been obedient or government will not give you anything, you yourself have to work hard for your own in the country

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by kinah(f): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2022
Joseph1505:
Affiliate marketing or Copywriting will be best for you.
I can help if you are interested

Please am interested
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by DieuDonee(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2022
Got an interview with a Canadian tech company but then lost it due to the fact that Iā€™m in Nigeria and would need ā€œ visa assistance ā€œ even though it was a remote role. I almost lost it but , I slept and then later calmed down. I know God is goin to do a better one.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Freshgrace4life(f): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2022
So sorry about that ,a new job is coming soonest ,mine was a man ,he was the director , infact I did the interview thrice , I was just moving from one stage to another ,las las I got know that it was another he was requesting from me ,in order for me to get the job ,I was so pained during that period ,today I give God all the glory ..
graciamore:

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Teeroyzimma: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2022
Sweetmaama:
Life is really hard. Right now i'm awake looking at my 2 kids and wife. We were able to eat the only meal by begging. Lord have mercy, i know i'm not lazy. It just that my salary is very poor. By Monday they will be sent back home due to unpaid fees. I don't want to give up but i'm depressed. I have prayed but no response, i'm even doubting God right now. Even if i'm a sinner, should my children go hungry? I'm owing debt here and there, can't walk freely.
try dollar arbitrage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long? / NIS Recruitment: FG Gives Automatic Employment To 105 Candidates / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At KPMG Nigeria - Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.