Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. (1988 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / 2023: Atiku Is A Veteran Loser, I Don't Know Peter Obi - Governor Aminu Masari / 'We Don't Know Peter Obi And He Doesn't Know Us', IPOB Replies Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by NigerianAngelo(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2022
1. With Soludo trending, I came across this old video of Darius Ishaku,

https://twitter.com/ChudeMedia/status/1590824137320460288?t=WDTy-iGpCcooGP1M9ld-Tw&s=19

The Taraba State Governor who said he was very happy, eager to meet and congratulate, former Governor of Anambra State William Obiano shortly after the end of his tenure because of the marvelous thing he did, the completed International Airport (15 months project: August 2020 - Nov 2021).

In the video, Darius says he asked "Where did you get the money?"

And Obiano replies: "Biko. Na my former colleague leave the money behind me. ... Frankly speaking, in foreign currency. It's the money I saw, I said, look let me leave a legacy before we go."

I think Obiano might have even liquated some investments or cashed bond holdings in order to build the project.

(The project was needed, and was a perfect necessity).

But it answers a few puzzles I had.

Someone who can save Twitter videos could please do so here. That should be Elon Musk next focus for his Twitter.

2. Obiano never said Peter Obi left debts. He said, Peter left contingencies and liabilities, i.e. ongoing projects to the tune of over N100bn to be paid for by the incoming Government.

But it's normal. If I start a bridge of 6bn for 24 months, and I pay N3bn the first year, if you get into power the following year, the remaining N3bn is for your infrastructure budget of the year? Or did you expect the project to be paid for upfront? How? With which money?

3 Likes

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by PandoraObi: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
Peter Obidi0t himself said 10billion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Righthussle: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
Na
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by fredoooooo: 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
Obi n pa yaaaala irọ
Obi dey lie..
Its true that if you lie once , you need 100 lies to back it up.. Exactly what Obi and obituarists are doing .
from 70Million ,to 60Million .. to 10MIllion , now 500M.
Wetin .. Obi dey lie abeg grin cheesy grin cheesy
Una don abandon dat mad man wey dey give una advice ?

grin cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by asuraking: 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
That is why i like peter obi,unlike the other that will leave as a legacy debt of billions of naira.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by BATified2023: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2022
PandoraObi:
u dey mind d igbos

They lie to themselves so much that when reality hits them hard they start crying foul

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by duro4chang(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
Audio money

3 Likes

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Urheadmaster(m): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2022
PandoraObi:

Stop misleading the public tongue

3 Likes

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Assassina: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
Two men were governors, Asiwaju Bola TINUBU in Lagos State and
Peter Obi in Anambra . Towards the end of their second term, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in Lagos sent his retirement bill and got his House of Assembly to approve what you see below as his yearly pension.

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what Bola TINUBU gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But see what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.
12. No landed property
13. No trace of any form of corruption on him till date
14. He's still using his personal money to pay school fees for some children of the poor till date.

Now the two men want to be president.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by ElSudani: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Too much lies from this candidate. The most difficult people to deal with are liars. Liars are often thieves as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Roboto11: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2022

3 Likes

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by asanausana91: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
What is the use of the money while Anambara people are crying? The idiot cannot build airport but he is busy talking about audio 75b.
Fidelity Bank was about to be liquidated that was the reason Peter obi use state money to safe the bank without paying one Naira interest.

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by christistruth01: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2022
angry
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Afamed: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
Every lie has an expiring date. Obi himself said he left N10b with over N120B unsettled debt

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Afamed: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Stop misleading the public tongue
Dont force your lies on others. Obi recently said he left N10b with over N120B debt

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by toneroforever(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2022
fredoooooo:
Obi n pa yaaaala irọ
Obi dey lie..
Its true that if you lie once , you need 100 lies to back it up.. Exactly what Obi and obituarists are doing .
from 70Million ,to 60Million .. to 10MIllion , now 500M.
Wetin .. Obi dey lie abeg grin cheesy grin cheesy
Una don abandon dat mad man wey dey give una advice ?

grin cheesy grin cheesy

Obi saves money.
Tinubu loots & wastes money.
Obi doesn't collect any pension.
Tinubu collects an outrageous,mind-blowing pension.
Obi na credit alert.
Tinubu na debit alert.

Brothers & sisters,our future is at stake here.
Put ur conscience to good use & reject Tinubu & Atiku. Tribalism won't spare anyone if we allow ourselves to be fooled by desperate politicians.
Even Hausas/Fulanis buy USD expensively at N800+/$ like everyone else. Yorubas buy petrol at almost N200/litre. Igbos buy a bag of rice at over 40K. Every tribe in Nigeria really felt the hardship occasioned by PMB & APC's bad governance.

Let's vote Peter Obi
Let's vote Labour Party
Let's vote wisely

7 Likes

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by AsomughaChuks05: 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2022
It won't do Peter Obi any good to continue repeating this lie of 75 billion that has been debunked by both his successors, Governors Obiano and Soludo. May be he believes in the saying that when he tells a lie repeatedly, people will begin to accept it as truth. Peter Obi left a whooping debt of about 180 billion as stated by Senator Victor Umeh who is now in Labour party and hasn't refuted the statements.

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Afamed: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
toneroforever:

Obi saves money.
Obi na credit alert.
Tinubu na debit alert.

Put ur conscience to good use & reject Tinubu & Atiku. Tribalism won't spare anyone if we allow ourselves to be fooled by desperate politicians.
Even Hausas/Fulanis buy USD expensively at N800+/$ like everyone else. Yorubas buy petrol at almost N200/litre. Igbos buy a bag of rice at over 40K. Every tribe in Nigeria really felt the hardship occasioned by PMB & APC's bad governance.

Let's vote Peter Obi
Let's vote Labour Party
Let's vote wisely
Obi is not in the race

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Kingsmeal: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
asanausana91:
What is the use of the money while Anambara people are crying? The idiot cannot build airport but he is busy talking about audio 75b.
Fidelity Bank was about to be liquidated that was the reason Peter obi use state money to safe the bank without paying one Naira interest.

Lol Igbos crying?

The poorest Igbo man in Anambra is richer than your father

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by fredoooooo: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
toneroforever:

Obi saves money.
Obi na credit alert.
Tinubu na debit alert.

Let's vote Peter Obi
Let's vote Labour Party
Let's vote wisely

Throw your feelings in the gutter, be reasonable. A bit of of knowledge on global inflations and politics will enlighten you.
Though Nigeria have her challenges just like all other countries, but giving Nigeria to someone that manage Anambras in such manner but also live in Lagos that was governed by Tinubu.. I think you all need to stop this joke ..
For more reply , dial the mad man at upper iweka road.
I'm not here to convince any Bush baby , we meet at the poll grin cheesy
I wish all of you the exact the sake thing you wish Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by julaion: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
PandoraObi:
Na ur papa be idiot
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by kayfra: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
Afamed:
Every lie has an expiring date. Obi himself said he left N10b with over N120B unsettled debt

Do you have the link where he said 10b?
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Afamed: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
kayfra:

Do you have the link where he said 10b?

Its all over the internet. Goggle and see

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by techWriter1: 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
That is why i like politicians ,unlike the other that will stay as a legacy debt of billions of naira
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Owologbo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
1. With Soludo trending, I came across this old video of Darius Ishaku,

https://twitter.com/ChudeMedia/status/1590824137320460288?t=WDTy-iGpCcooGP1M9ld-Tw&s=19

The Taraba State Governor who said he was very happy, eager to meet and congratulate, former Governor of Anambra State William Obiano shortly after the end of his tenure because of the marvelous thing he did, the completed International Airport (15 months project: August 2020 - Nov 2021).

In the video, Darius says he asked "Where did you get the money?"

And Obiano replies: "Biko. Na my former colleague leave the money behind me. ... Frankly speaking, in foreign currency. It's the money I saw, I said, look let me leave a legacy before we go."

I think Obiano might have even liquated some investments or cashed bond holdings in order to build the project.

(The project was needed, and was a perfect necessity).

But it answers a few puzzles I had.

Someone who can save Twitter videos could please do so here. That should be Elon Musk next focus for his Twitter.

2. Obiano never said Peter Obi left debts. He said, Peter left contingencies and liabilities, i.e. ongoing projects to the tune of over N100bn to be paid for by the incoming Government.

But it's normal. If I start a bridge of 6bn for 24 months, and I pay N3bn the first year, if you get into power the following year, the remaining N3bn is for your infrastructure budget of the year? Or did you expect the project to be paid for upfront? How? With which money?

It will do y'all good if you stop engaging Lagos agbero.
I don't understand how people will waste their time in engaging some idiots who were gathered in a park and taught how to display their madness on SM.
Stop wasting your time on agbadorians.

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Workch: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2022
PandoraObi:
show me where he said it, urchin

1 Like

Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by PandoraObi: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
Workch:
show me where he said it, urchin
Urchin, stop calling your mother's name here
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by PandoraObi: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
julaion:

Na ur papa be idiot
I am not surprised your trollop mother refused to show your ESN fathers, your frustration is understandable.
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by GodHatesJews: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
This is public funds we are talking about.

If Obi truly left one kobo , then it can easily be verified instead of depending on anecdotal evidence.

Obi left shishi as he is known not to give shishi
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by eventainment(m): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2022
PandoraObi:
And he continued to say in Nigerian currency equivalent
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by Workch: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2022
PandoraObi:
Urchin, stop calling your mother's name here
we can both agreed that you liked like your drug trafficker abi?
Re: It's TODAY I Know Peter Obi Left $500M (N75bn) In Anambra State. by julaion: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
PandoraObi:
I am not surprised your trollop mother refused to show your ESN fathers, your frustration is understandable.
Your papa wey them dey Bleep him rotten anus nkor

(1) (Reply)

Watch Demands Governor Soludo Tabled Before Atiku,the Last One Will Interest You / Kaduna Polling Unit Result / OBIDIENTS BURSTEAD: They tore expired passports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.