Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party (71849 Views)

Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by OddsDoc(f): 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
The Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, has explained that the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, left the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the Labour Party, because of moves by some politicians in the PDP to ensure power remained in the north.

Wike, who said he feels satisfied that power has moved to the south insisted that he never worked against Obi in the 25th February 2023 presidential election.

Wike spoke, Thursday, when he hosted on a courtesy visit, the National Executive Committee of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Worldwide, at Government House in Port Harcourt, according to a statement by the governor’s assistant on Media, Kelvin Ebiri.

He said he was a major proponent of a Southern president, explaining Obi’s decision to leave the party when Sule Lamido told him (Obi) that power would remain in the north in 2023.

Wike said: “I supported that power must come to the south. When Obi came here, I gave him all the logistics; vehicles, and other support and paid for the stadium, but some other persons applied and I refused. You should know me too well by now.”

“Obi was running with us. I knew when Obi left. He was principled and he said he can’t stand it, people should say the truth. He went to see Sule Lamido in Jigawa, not in Dutse, but in a village that will take you more than four or five hours drive from Dutse the capital.

“You know what he told Obi? He didn’t tell him that look, you came late and I have chosen somebody. He said it is the north that will produce the next president. That was how Obi left saying why is he wasting time. Ask him, that’s how he left PDP.”

“And that was what I saw at the convention ground. Within minutes, knowing that I was going to win, your sons were all the ones who did everything and sabotaged me. I said ok, no problem.

“But I still maintained that look, if you have taken the presidential candidate you can’t take chairmanship again, give us back the chairman and I still stand by that and if you don’t do that whatever you see you take.”

However, the Deputy National Legal Adviser of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Worldwide, Dr. Peter Anele said Igbos have long sought to produce the president of Nigeria and they saw the last presidential election as an opportunity to clinch it.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/why-peter-obi-left-pdp-for-labour-party-wike/amp/

81 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by 40Bullets: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Why is he disturbing people with unnecessary explanations?
Rivers people are prepared for you and your Rivers PDP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_xaXbVRhz4?

346 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by ogmask: 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
We have heard you were...
Don't worry we will not work against your interest on the 18th but know that your stooge will not win.

405 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Neckpresser101: 11:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
Everybody don know Thier mate now cheesy

Kwankwanso will be begging to Obis vice

Mark this somewhere!

Wike knows he has fvcked up

553 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by kokoA(m): 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
In less than two months now Wike will become very irrelevant in the scheme of things.

549 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:25am On Mar 11, 2023
I was one of those people that was always warning Obi here that Wike and Aisha Yesufu cannot be trusted!!!

Wike is just selfish, he is not so different from Fani Kayode and Reno Omokri

Just dangle a meat before them, then they will get to work grin see as Sule Lamido just control someone who claimed to be a man undecided

You (Wike) was not working for power to return to the South but you are just fighting to stay relevant in politics

You are just fighting for yourself undecided Obi (south) could have won clearly, what was the need to rig the election

The mandate you guys stole will be retrieved, don't worry!!!

460 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by aariwa(m): 4:25am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike go hear from rivers people

247 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Arisenews2: 4:26am On Mar 11, 2023
Okay, Wike but you’re all about personal interest though!

Meanwhile٫ See 10 popular Celebrities who battled with depression and nearly took their own lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUFCkIzHzc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Mindlog: 4:26am On Mar 11, 2023
And where is Sule Lamido today? cheesy cheesy cheesy

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by owiko(m): 4:27am On Mar 11, 2023
D
Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Bosenan: 4:27am On Mar 11, 2023
d
Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Itohanmiwa: 4:27am On Mar 11, 2023
Wicked Wike playing wicked games

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Depot(m): 4:28am On Mar 11, 2023
OBI is a great achiever . He has changed the political mentality of the country in just months . OBI na full force .

370 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by EmekaMD(m): 4:29am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike your only saving grace would be if Inec lets you rig. Otherwise you go hear nwii from Ellu pes

208 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Gilgalroadtrip: 4:29am On Mar 11, 2023
We know why he left. What we don't know is why in the world Tinubu had to rig the election. It's not a must that somebody must be president. If the people reject you, go to your house in peace.

255 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Shutupthere: 4:29am On Mar 11, 2023
Stay one place Oga SVC

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Mindlog: 4:30am On Mar 11, 2023
40Bullets:
Why is he disturbing people with unnecessary explanations?
Rivers people are prepared for you and your Rivers PDP

He needs Ndigbos' votes for next Saturday's election forgetting how arrogant he was when he went to Awka to talk to their PDP delegates not to waste their votes on Obi in the PDP presidential primaries while Amaechi is promising Ndigbos that if APC wins they will return the "abandoned property" of the civil war.........a tale of two deranged men! cheesy cheesy cheesy

186 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Letlovelead213: 4:31am On Mar 11, 2023
Obi left cus delegates will support wike more than him given that wike get mouth pass am then

Obi left as na money pdp sabi

Obi left cus most south governors no go day him side as him na governor years ago and they presume him no get shine

Obi left when he saw na still north wan take over again kilode!! And if atiku or whosoever emerges them go wan give another south person vice and not him again cus him collect am 2019

I am really happy he left

The rejected stone is now the cornerstone the builders rely on: so shall it be for me to those who say I can’t make it;

Especially to those who write us off

241 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by bamasite2: 4:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike is smart!
Simple

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike just exposed the hypocrisy of the north in terms of Fairness, Hate him or love him Wike is a politician that knows the ins and outs of politics in Nigeria. The north is messed up with their ideology of maintaining a strong grip on power but it is what it is only fate will decide

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by EmekaBlue(m): 4:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Shut up. This man is a disgrace to democracy...We have taken our record! I so much hate greedy self centered people. You have it all but you chose to collect more on the detriment of those who have nothing.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by ojoadeola: 4:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Now I understood why he worked against Peter Obi. The South East contributed to his defeat at the PDP Primary. See the bolded below

“You know what he told Obi? He didn’t tell him that look, you came late and I have chosen somebody. He said it is the north that will produce the next president. That was how Obi left saying why is he wasting time. Ask him, that’s how he left PDP.”

“And that was what I saw at the convention ground. Within minutes, knowing that I was going to win, your sons were all the ones who did everything and sabotaged me. I said ok, no problem.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by UncommonLogic: 4:33am On Mar 11, 2023
He's a coward looking for easy nomination. Lying SOB.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by ifihearam: 4:34am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike you are a pathological liar,,Obi left mainly because of YOU not that he was relevant any way.

The presidency was zoned to the SE, hence obi indicated interest..Atiku was relaxing in Dubai. yes, you funded the party after the loss of the last presidential election where obi was the running mate of Atiku 2019. However, you thought you were the rightful person for the ticket whereby zoning it to the south and you had the full support of Tambuwal.

Now, since it was initially zoned to the SE, obi was hopeful to clinch the ticket when you again said it should be made open for anyone to contest, that was when oga Atiku came into the race, he managed to bribe Tambuwal who in turn betrayed you and sold his candidacy and delegates to Atiku..obi a notorious stingy man knows he cant contest with the likes of Atiku and Wike as they have free money to spare took to his heels with his tail cornered in his buttocks in a rather feminine and cowardly manner coupled with his opportunistic tendency ran to LP.

205 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by PHZADDY1(m): 4:35am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike!A fool and more
I used to think that this man has sense never knew he's so power drunk...Nyerisi Nzuzu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by BATified2023: 4:35am On Mar 11, 2023
ogmask:
We have heard you were...
Don't worry we will not work against your interest on the 18th but know that your stooge will not win.
a cat calling itself a lion

E go soon clear for una face

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by ifihearam: 4:36am On Mar 11, 2023
AlphaAlex:
Wike just exposed the hypocrisy of the north in terms of Fairness, Hate him or love him Wike is a politician that knows the ins and outs of politics in Nigeria. The north is messed up with their ideology of maintaining a strong grip on power but it is what it is only fate will decide

You think?

what future does he have in politics since he knows the gimmicks of the north?

Take it or leave it, the north is the epicenter of Nigerian politics.

133 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Ceenachi: 4:37am On Mar 11, 2023
He left because Atiku said if pdp standard bearer must come from the south it must be south east and senseless and selfish Wike dat wants to b president by all means said no.

Wike leave Peter Obi alone, focus on G5, Ayu and Atiku. Your breakfast is coming

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by Bubu4Sea: 4:37am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike STFU
Peter left PDP becos you frustrated him out of PDP.
It was obvious that u had many delegates in ur pocket; and since Peter does not spend money and how, he left!

Remember that the North rallied to stop u from getting the ticket.
with your friend Tambuwal betraying you & supporting his fellow Northerner the dubai based Cameroonian Atiku instead of you.

Yes you did Well to show the North that they don't own power but it the turn of the SE, so u had no right running

32 Likes

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by BATified2023: 4:37am On Mar 11, 2023
PHZADDY1:
Wike!A fool and more
I used to think that this man has sense never knew he's so power drunk...Nyerisi Nzuzu
e dey pain true true, guy no vex cos e b like say wike na Igbo nemesis

Na this same guy deal with igbos for oyigbo na him still give una wotowoto for president

That wike na bad guy asweardown

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by manchyme: 4:37am On Mar 11, 2023
kokoA:
In less than two months now Wike will become very irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Big lie.
Wike has already salvaged his political career, it's left for us. The earlier we move on the better for all of us.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party by onajo2000(m): 4:38am On Mar 11, 2023
You would have known your fate in less than a day if INEC didn't moved the governorship election... Weyrey

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari, Abba Kyari, Monguno At Juma'at (Photos) / Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace / Cyril Oshiomhole, Adams Oshiomhole’s Son, Contesting For House Of Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.