Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep (767 Views)

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / Help! My 3years Old Son Is Not Eating / My 14-Year-Old Daughter Was Caught In Hotel With Boys, Smoking, Drinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by princeemmma(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2022
About a months ago, i woke in the middle of the night (which i usually do to to check on her and her mom). I can hear her clearly chewing her teeth, i changed her sleeping position and she stopped in that instance.

I was not bothered and worried just because i felt it might be stress at school (because she just got enrolled in school for the first time that's about a month ago).

But i started getting worried when its not stopping, every time i wake up in the middle of the night she is always repeating the same thing.

I don't know what to do. My wife has tried all necessary things, like make her comfortable when she sleeps, tried waking her up whenever she start chewing her teeth, but that's not doing anything

Should i be worried about this? Or what do i do?
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by PlayMaker14: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2022
Bro don't stress yourself too much... With time, she'll stop.

My mom told me that when I was 4 going to 5yrs, I use to sleep close to her, put my left thumb in my mouth and put the right hand inside her bra to massage her boobs...

My father, being a strict man was not having any of it when he woke up one night to see me sucking my thumb and playing with his wife breast.... He banished me from sleeping in the same room... I started sleeping in the parlour at a tender age, only me. The only time mom will come around is when I was having a bad dream or one of those black ants bite my ass.

Just give it time abeg.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
She has been bewitched. They are currently feeding her every night.
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by VeryWickedGoat: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
Introduce alcohol or weed to calm her down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by gasparpisciotta: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
@princeemmma,
The gum is probably hitching her as a result of pending tooth growth.

Get a teething powder for her and rub on her gum periodically
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Ganjafama(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
You are what you say you are : a goat and a very wicked one.

2 Likes

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Richy4(m): 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2022
Your daughter is supposed to be unique right?...
Don't you think that she will be boring if she's just like any other individual?...
What do you want to tease her with when she because a teenager?...Just let her be buddy.. she will outgrow it..
I saw this meme online some days back and i think it suits this topic smiley.

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by UrPapa: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
PlayMaker14:

My mom told me that when I was 4 going to 5yrs, I use to sleep close to her, put my left thumb in my mouth and put the right hand inside her bra to massage her boobs...

My father, being a strict man was not having any of it when he woke up one night to see me sucking my thumb and playing with his wife breast.... He banished me from sleeping in the same room... I started sleeping in the parlour at a tender age, only me. The only time mom will come around is when I was having a bad dream or one of those black ants bite my ass.

Just give it time abeg.
how does this correlate with what the op is saying?
So they should leave the kid to continue chewing teeth or they should remove the teeth since they isolated you from your moms breast too
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by PlayMaker14: 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2022
UrPapa:
how does this correlate with what the op is saying?
So they should leave the kid to continue chewing teeth or they should remove the teeth since they isolated you from your moms breast too
The Op needs advice, I gave my advice to the Op at the end of my illustration, kindly give yours and stop being silly....

It's that simple.

3 Likes

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Reinamaria(f): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2022
She's probably always eating in the dream.
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Natbrowny: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
Before some God forsaken twats relates this to Spirituality and make u scared.

It is called SLEEP BRUXISM. She'll outgrow it

Acc to some doctors
It may be due to a combination of physical, psychological and genetic factors. Awake bruxism may be due to emotions such as anxiety, stress, anger, frustration or tension. Or it may be a coping strategy or a habit during deep concentration.
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by vastolord4(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
You sure she's not feeling hot cos some kids suck air while they sleep but unconsciously gnash their teeth in the process
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Pootle: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Just give it time abeg.

shocked
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by general111(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Just give it time abeg.
if i be your papa, the way i for use slap you eh. grin grin..
Infact na slap for reset ya brain
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by ecolime(m): 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2022
PlayMaker14:

My father, being a strict man was not having any of it when he woke up one night to see me sucking my thumb and playing with his wife breast.... He banished me from sleeping in the same room... I started sleeping in the parlour at a tender age, only me.

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Corporate2020: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
princeemmma:
About a months ago, i woke in the middle of the night (which i usually do to to check on her and her mom). I can hear her clearly chewing her teeth, i changed her sleeping position and she stopped in that instance.

I was not bothered and worried just because i felt it might be stress at school (because she just got enrolled in school for the first time that's about a month ago).

But i started getting worried when its not stopping, every time i wake up in the middle of the night she is always repeating the same thing.

I don't know what to do. My wife has tried all necessary things, like make her comfortable when she sleeps, tried waking her up whenever she start chewing her teeth, but that's not doing anything

Should i be worried about this? Or what do i do?

I still chew my teeth till date. I have passed 40 years. Though it's occasionally now, but I still enjoy it.
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by dollytino4real(f): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
Bros my daughter does it too, i think is from u or ur wife she copied it from, because my husband does it too. Nothing to worry but i do anoint her anytime i woke up n saw her doing it
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Corporate2020: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
dollytino4real:
Bros my daughter does it too, i think is from u or ur wife she copied it from, because my husband does it too. Nothing to worry but i do anoint her anytime i woke up n saw her doing it

Anointing for what madam? Are you saying that I am possessed?
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by dollytino4real(f): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2022
Corporate2020:

Anointing for what madam? Are you saying that I am possessed?
is my faith, am a winners member we use anointing oil frequently for wat u can not explain

1 Like

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by completed: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
She is a bruxist. Nothing spiritual about it jare. She will outgrown it before 10. My daughter stopped before 9, she took after the father at age 2. Don't panic about it at all, it's natural.

1 Like

Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by oceanized25(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2022
Erm,baba e no funny o,if you guys can find a way to stop it,please do,do not relent.

While serving for a few days when I first went to my state of assignment,I stayed with my same faith friend that was an indigene of the state...I thanked his kind gesture and honestly appreciated it but hated that at every night I usually wake up to this man chewing seriously with his axe like teeth's,it was straight up uncomfortable...now imagine if I am to be married to him,maybe one night I will put the pillow on his face to lessen the noise cheesy
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Lamanii22(f): 8:26am On Nov 12, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
ewu undecided undecided
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Corporate2020: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Just give it time abeg.

Imagine what this guy will currently be doing with somebody's daughter's breasts now
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Corporate2020: 10:11am On Nov 12, 2022
dollytino4real:
is my faith, am a winners member we use anointing oil frequently for wat u can not explain

My wife is a Winner. I am a Muslim. Are you saying now that anytime I am eating my teeth and enjoying myself, my wife should come and pour anointing oil into my mouth ni?
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by dollytino4real(f): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
Corporate2020:

My wife is a Winner. I am a Muslim. Are you saying now that anytime I am eating my teeth and enjoying myself, my wife should come and pour anointing oil into my mouth ni?
na she know how to treat ur own
Re: My 3years Old Daughter Chew Her Teeth During Sleep by Praisepriest: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
Get ogun ile tutu and give her for three days and thank me later.asap

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Oldest Woman In The World From South Africa / What Are You Grateful For In The Year 2022? / I'm Back To Budgets After 4 Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.