Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security (10150 Views)

I’ll Restore Peace If Freed — Nnamdi Kanu / I’ll Restore LG Autonomy,end Hunger – Atiku / What’s’ The Desperation For? Nigerians React To Atiku’s ‘i’ll Do Just One Term’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by OddsDoc(f): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2022
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has vowed to restore the Economic Community of West African States Monitoring Group (ECOMOG) to address the issue of insecurity confronting Nigeria, if elected president in 2023.

Atiku made this promise at a Business Breakfast meeting tagged, “Nigeria’s Time to Recover,” held in Abuja on Friday.

According to him, the ECOMOG will ensure the adequate patrol of Nigeria borders and prevent foreign terrorists and other criminals from entering and disturbing the nation’s peace.

Meanwhile, Atiku has faulted the implementation of the document on the Niger Delta Ministry, saying the process has defective.

He said the document was developed by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, adding that the plan was to ensure that the resources belonging to the people of the Niger Delta is adequately utilized.

Atiku assured that if elected in 2023, the Ministry of Niger Delta will be in the Niger Delta region, adding that he will ensure the ministry sees to the development of the infrastructural requirements of the region.

He promised that if elected president, he will make sure that the region have fully equipped educational facilities that are well funded.

The meeting was attended by the PDP vice presidential candidate of the, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, the Director General of the Atiku Campaign Council, Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State.

Small and medium business owners, agric entrepreneurs and tech experts and other members of of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council were also in attendance.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/ill-restore-ecomog-to-improve-national-security-atiku/amp/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by triple996(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ok sir

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Creamypie(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2022
Forget all this talks. We are now as wise as you. If you like, bribe people to vote you, its like even increasing the mockery of Nigerians. You and our governor, okowa, will not smell d seat at least. ECOMOG to fight insecurity in Nigeria? Does atiku even know y ECOMOG was set up in 1989/90? He is very empty

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Atiku should please channel his energy into Agriculture.

Pig farming and Fish farming are viable industries he can venture into and succeed enormously.

It’s not difficult and does not need a calculator to know that his aspirations is fiction, and same time a mirage.

In as much as I appreciate Atiku’s perseverance and fight, he should still be able to know when to take a bow.

Peter Obi already nailed him and PDP to Calvary and no spiritual or physical chisel can get him out of that spot.

He should practice what he preaches. Agriculture is the way and this is the best time for him to start.

Asiwaju`s victory is unstoppable!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by coconutbag: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2022
Ha, Abobi, dey calm down small small. You can start by immediately returning every stolen funds.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Lanretoye(m): 6:55am On Nov 12, 2022
G
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2022
Er...what?

ECOMOG was a peacekeeping unit set up by ECOWAS for one issue, and one issue alone...the Liberian crisis.

Is he suggesting that we invite other countries to join our Nigerian army to keep the peace...

Ayam not understanding.

28 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Curious345: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2022
Cool

Chaii I remember ECOMONG of those days

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by ademasta(m): 6:55am On Nov 12, 2022
undecided
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by mimicherry: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2022
Atiku just wants to be president
That's his life long dream
He really has nothing to offer

18 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by money121(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2022
Yimu

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by sammy7410(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2022
Restore ur party first

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Aboliko7: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2022
B
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Lovenorth: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2022
Why would you restore Bokoharam?
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by OgbeniOja1: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2022
All na bobo

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by emmydee(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2022
First restore peace in the boko haram and bandits ravaged parts of Nigeria Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by englishmart(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2022
Restore peace to your party first.
I swear, you and your agbado master have nothing to offer. You're just desperate to be in charge of the treasury.

10 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Nyne: 6:58am On Nov 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Atiku should please channel his energy into Agriculture.

Pig farming and Fish farming are viable industries he can venture into and succeed enormously.

It’s not difficult and does not need a calculator to know that his aspirations is fiction, and same time a mirage.

In as much as I appreciate Atiku’s perseverance and fight, he should still be able to know when to take a bow.

Peter Obi already nailed him and PDP to Calvary and no spiritual or physical chisel can get him out of that spot.

He should practice what he preaches. Agriculture is the way and this is the best time for him to start.

Asiwaju`s victory is unstoppable!

Did you hear the amount Former President Obasanjo said Atiku embezzled?

He’s supposed to be stoned to death for even coming out to contest.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by bigfish3k: 6:58am On Nov 12, 2022
Ecomog?
Shameless kind of talk for a failed country run aground by corrupt, greedy, selfish and inept oligarchs

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by smart024(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2022
OddsDoc:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/ill-restore-ecomog-to-improve-national-security-atiku/amp/

Bother patrol...?
Someone obviously doesn't know why ECOMOG was created and it's functions...

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by davidtemi(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2022
Kobonaire234:
Er...what?

ECOMOG was a peacekeeping unit set up for one issue, and one issue alone...the Liberian crisis.

Is he suggesting that we invite other countries to join our Nigerian army to keep the peace...

Ayam not understanding.
so security is not one issue in ur word?
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Dannyset(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2022
grin

This man continues to goof daily. Until it was scrapped, ECOMOG was created to restore peace in Africa's warring countries like Liberia.

Presently, Nigeria has thousands of soldiers on a peacekeeping missions in other African countries.

So what's the isokuso scamming all about?

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by davidtemi(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2022
ECOMOG is good, to fight insecurity

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2022
davidtemi:
so security is not one issue in ur word?

It is, but Atiku should be talking about strenthegining Nigeria's army...not handing it over to ECOWAS.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by makavalley(m): 7:07am On Nov 12, 2022
Old man go and rest, see chief "polithiefcian" talking about restoration. The money OBJ said you stole restore it fully before you talk about restoration of ECOMOG.
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Opinedecandid(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2022
Solid plan.
Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by masui(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2022
Atiku is confused at this point.

Restore ECOMOG how?

But wait oooo, na only Okowa and Tambuwal dey present, wetin happen to other PDP governors?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by generalwo(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2022
Balderdash...... All the things wen you never do before, na now you Wan do am... E no go work... Nigerians are now very wise... We don't dwell on empty promises anymore..... It's Peter obi or 9ja divide!!!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: I’ll Restore ECOMOG To Improve National Security by Raregem248: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2022
They have started.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Force Denies Locating Missing Chibok Girls / Saraki Is The Most Experienced PDP Candidate – Delegates / Atiku Will Invest In Nollywood Unlike Peter Obi, Tinubu- Kazeem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.