Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations (17152 Views)

Tinubu's Drug Allegations: I Don't Know Anybody Called David Hundeyin - Keyamo / Osun: Drama As INEC Denies Own Document At Tribunal / Awujale Of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona Denies Issuing A Statement On Sunday Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by ImperialYoruba: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
We knew, but we followed their plot and showed them it's a DEAD END. grin

1 Like

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by PandoraObi: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
hhh
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by naijapips04: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
RealTalkNoBull:
FBI has jurisdiction over IRS?! Lmaoooooo

Yes. If it is a matter of national interest.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by PointZerom: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
post=118338334:

Good you know that also darling.

There is no fake information that children of hate, frustrations and perdition cannot dish out to their empty brain swines,
The same peoplethat believe and still believing that the President of over 200 millionis dead and another man was cloned and now ruling them.
Mofos dem..

Awon werey 100% cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Kingman20221: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2022
Time shall tell
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2022
chisomkachy:
Fake.....

APC has so many criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by seguno2: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:
Mikano boys sef

Stop spreading lies about Mikano and deal with your druggie peepooing Emilokan Buhari a-looter continua’s accusations.

Francis5:
04.27.155:18 AM ET

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by FuckOsuPigs: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Your English is very irritating tongue

This mbaise man again grin
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by seguno2: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2022
Reinaldo:
APC has so many criminals

Is APC not the Assembly of Past Criminals, forgiven by apostle Oshiomhole

sharpden:
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has said once those who looted the nation’s treasury join its fold, all their sins will be forgiven.

The national chairman of the ruling party, Adams Oshiomhole, stated this on Thursday at the presidential campaign rally held in Benin, the Edo State capital.

Mr Oshiomhole made the comments while receiving decampees from the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).

“I’m told that there are a lot of senior people from PDP who have decided to join forces with President Buhari to take the broom to sweep away PDP to continue to ensure that APC continues to preside over Nigeria,” he was quoted by TheCable to have said.

“It includes my own brother and friend Henry Duke, he is the former organising secretary of PDP. We also have former vice chairman PDP and leader of PDP Edo North, in fact, once you join APC, all your sins are forgiven,” the top APC official said.

Oshiomhole urged Nigerians to return President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term in office.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/apc-once-you-join-apc-all-your-sins-are-forgiven/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzcSDkEEKc
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Flexguy100: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2022
Buy now o... Before things increases...check my signature

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Pwettylinda(f): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2022
Theifnubuu should be disqualified

If Nigerians really want to move this country forward

How can a drug pusher with known case in the USA want to be president

Na waooo senseless nation indeed

1 Like

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by sonofthunder: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:

Hope you attended secondary school?

The court documents clearly stated IRS agent was the lead investigator and not FBI

I R S

Repeat after me

I... inland

R... Revenue

S... Service

IRS

The more I try to educate some folks the dummer they expose themselves to be
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Angelfrost(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Everybody just dey deny for Naija these days...

Na so Bike man wey drop me for house later deny say he ever pick me! lipsrsealed
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by jaxxy(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

Mikano boys and Zombidiots sef

E don clear say Tinubu don win Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti, Lagos, Osun, Kwara, Kogi, Katsina,Kaduna Nassarawa, Niger , Kebbi, Zamfara, Borno, Gombe

I'm sure after the embassy saw the original court documents they would have changed their erroneous statement and claim of FBI checks.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by sleekybaba: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Obidients right now grin

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by iezeiyida(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Let them deny it but the truth is well known by Nigerians
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Ireportlive: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Pwettylinda:
Theifnubuu should be disqualified

If Nigerians really want to move this country forward

How can a drug pusher with known case in the USA want to be president

Na waooo senseless nation indeed

Show us the known case let's see if you are Educated and can read simple English

Please show us here

4 Likes

Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by OsunOriginal: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
chisomkachy:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/breaking-inec-denies-issuing-statement-on-tinubus-drug-allegations/

Why is INEC responding to a forged document by Obidents? May Obi and Obidents never happen to this country. It will be like criminals taking over the country
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Ireportlive: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
jaxxy:

I'm sure after the embassy saw the original court documents they would have changed their erroneous statement and claim of FBI checks.

US is not your regular country, they have a central criminal data base with all county, state and federal criminal registry
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by DrMuzungu(m): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
THis case is, of course, fake as fake can be.

In reality, Thiefnoobu is a drug baron, chief of all drug dealers in West Africa.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Ozzeries: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
Lol
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
Power is not given but taken by force.

I'm proud of people doing everything to take power and save our generation from these greedy old elites

I like Jagaban but he is not capable. He should be a patron not the president please

Enough is Enough
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by ThickSharon123(f): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
chisomkachy:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/breaking-inec-denies-issuing-statement-on-tinubus-drug-allegations/

Inec denial and news no clear. How would a U.S. media site bring up fake news. Something is fishy.

I hope they don't want to mastermind the crook coming into office, then later tell us, they didn't make due diligence and all those big grammar they make. But as it is, Obi is president, Amen. Thank you Lord. Nigeria shall never go backward.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:

US is not your regular country, they have a central criminal data base with all county, state and federal criminal registry
Tinubu is a criminal
he'll never rule this country
Kiss the truth
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Jman06(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2022
You urchin that is planning to vote for APC and Tinubu in this election:

1 Are you suffering from amnesia
Nigerians have been subjected to untold hardship since 2015 by APC government. Inflation is at all time high. A dollar now exchanges for over 800 naira. Cost of living has skyrocketed! Staple food items like rice, beans, noodles, bread etc are now so expensive that the majority of Nigerians can no longer afford 3 square meals in a day. Yet you want to reelect the same party for flimsy reasons like religion and tribalism Are you ok?

2. Do you think that Tinubu being from your tribe or religion will favor you if he mistakenly finds his way to Aso rock

You need to think again! Because corrupt politicians like Tinubu who believes in buying people's conscience and votes will never care about the plight of the common man if he becomes president! He'll be bent on recouping the money he spent in buying you over

3. Do you even think about the future of your children and unborn generations

Sometimes, what occupies my mind is the fear of birthing my offspring in this messed up country. This fear contributes to why I'm taking my time before getting married. I believe that building a prosperous and free country for my unborn children to inherit is far better than saving up money in the bank for them. The current jakpa trend is never a solution to our problems as a nation. What we need is getting it right with our choice of leaders at all levels. We can't continue to elect known criminals and misfits as president and expect Nigeria to develop.

No politician will take Nigerians seriously if we fail to express our anger through the ballots by voting out failed parties like APC.

Therefore, I urge you all to vote right in the forth coming general election so that we can build a country our children and unborn generations will be proud to identify with.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:

Show us the known case let's see if you are Educated and can read simple English

Please show us here
shatap what do you know
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

E don clear say Tinubu don win Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti, Lagos, Osun, Kwara, Kogi, Katsina,Kaduna Nassarawa, Niger , Kebbi, Zamfara, Borno, Gombe

yourself, your Emilokan Chicago drug Lord is already DOOMED come 2023.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by ElSudani: 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
Terrible liars.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Tareq1105: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

They should continue to make him more popular. Bcoz I don't know when an indictment, if at all he was indicted, has become a conviction. Should we call this half education or just mischief?
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Tareq1105: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
yourself, your Emilokan Chicago drug Lord is already DOOMED come 2023.

It sounds like bad news abi? Learn to live with it.
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Ireportlive: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2022
Tareq1105:

They should continue to make him more popular. Bcoz I don't know when an indictment, if at all he was indicted, has become a conviction. Should we call this half education or just mischief?

They are getting more fustrated as election draws nearer... They don't seem to understand APC and Tinubu's game plan
Re: INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

This your letter is fake as well
Check it very well and you'll see
How are you better than Mikano boys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola: We Have Identified 100 High-Risk Financiers Of Boko Haram / Court Stops Police From Arresting Edison Ehie, Chief Of Staff To Government Hous / Where Are The Chibok Girls Finders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.