Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,065 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? (8358 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Once You Get Married; Stop Cheating! / Don't Get Married If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Freesia(f): 5:58am On Aug 24, 2011
This past weekend I attended a baby shower/Marriage anniversary of one of our very good family friends.The host of the house is a top notch Doc who has a very beautiful,smart wife ( she is an attorney) but this man has always cheated on his wife since they started dating.
Sad thing  about it is, most of all his male friends are the same way keeping mistresses Why get married if these men intend to live like bachelors
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by chika98: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2011
They have women who are willing to deal with it.
Watch some men here tell you that men are polygamous by nature

1 Like

Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by madoba: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2011
Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating?

I've wondered about this and asked the same question. A male friend said to me that I cannot expect him to eat one pot of soup for the rest of his life, and his marriage is only 3 months old shocked shocked . His remark reveals to me, that he already has the mind set to indulge in extra-marital affairs and cheat.

My take on this is that people both men and women while single can play the field and sow their wild oats if they so wish to (I am not endorsing promiscuity) . But the moment they say "I do" they should commit to that one person to the exclusion of others. Remembering the "good times" they had while single and adopting a new lifestyle of one man, one woman.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by ronkebp(f): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
They only want to 'eat their cake and still have it', they love that playa' life, having a wife and family is for formality, that habit of 'doing' girls has always been in them from Adam', so unless they make up their minds to be faithful, forget it!!!! they would forever cheat.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by nassiwa: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
Some men get married not because they like it or they love their women so much. some do it because they want respect from the public as being responsible people. That's why they never stop cheating on their wives.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Freesia(f): 5:17am On Aug 25, 2011
madoba:

I've wondered about this and asked the same question. A male friend said to me that I cannot expect him to eat one pot of soup for the rest of his life, and his marriage is only 3 months old  shocked shocked . His remark reveals to me, that he already has the mind set to indulge in extra-marital affairs and cheat.

My take on this is that people both men and women while single can play the field and sow their wild oats if they so wish to (I am not endorsing promiscuity) . But the moment they say "I do" they should commit to that one person to the exclusion of others. Remembering the "good times" they had while single and adopting a new lifestyle of one man, one woman.

I wonder why they are so unforgiving when their step out on them??
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Freesia(f): 5:18am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^^^
I wonder why they are so unforgiving when their wives step out on them??
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by rapjunkie(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2011
Why are women so preoccupied with men cheating?. . . .when they cheat as much as if not MORE than men. . .  .who are the men cheating with?. .  .aliens?. .  .of course it's with other women.

women are so ready to play the saint when they are very much the sinners. . .  grin grin grin
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by dammiecool(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2011
rapjunkie:

Why are women so preoccupied with men cheating?. . . .when they cheat as much as if not MORE than men. . . .who are the men cheating with?. . .aliens?. . .of course it's with other women.

women are so ready to play the saint when they are very much the sinners. . . grin grin grin

i trust u wink
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Greenpro: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2011
Marriage is not a remedy for sex and cheating.

1 Like

Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by http(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2011
Greenpro:

Marriage is not a remedy for sex and cheating.

Unsubscribe wink
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by omoekoni(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
When you marry a woman, suddenly fore play turns into 3 hours before she is ready for sex, whereas with every new girl, pre-intimacy is max-5mins and she is good to go!

1 Like

Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by rapjunkie(m): 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
omoekoni:

When you marry a woman, suddenly fore play turns into 3 hours before she is ready for sex, whereas with every new girl, pre-intimacy is max-5mins and she is good to go!

lol
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by looknlaff(m): 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
Whether we want to play the ostrich or not, cheating is the rule rather than the exception with men. If a married man hasn't cheated, its because the situation has not been condusive yet or the cost is prohibitive. Trust me, cheating has even gained across the board acceptance with the women folks outdoing the men right now. Read my lips, there is no man who has a natural disdain for cheating, maybe few women.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Lagishan: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
Wives do not expect fidelity from their husbands and husbands should not throw infidelity at the face of their wives,above all men should make sure the girls are discrete.

1 Like

Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by marcus1234: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by obawa1: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
Why is the house pointing finger at the direction of the husband alone, What happen to those igbo village girls that guyz bring to the city to Behind up, Later you see them on the street looking for one young guy to dey blow them, when the husband travel on business trip,
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by donpeluchi(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
i have to admit, this is a good question!
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by MissEZ(f): 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
We are not denying that both men and women cheat, but you guys should be honest enough to admit that it is more of a male problem than a female problem. I think the OP has asked a very good question.

I think that it boils down to a persons character (male or female). If you dont value integrity as a person, then you will not feel the need to act as someone who intends to stay legit in all their dealings with others. And by legit, i mean faithful to one's partner in this context.

I really think its a shame for either gender to indulge in cheating, especially in your old age (being an adult). Its such an irresponsible behavior. The wahala sef of trying to hide the thing so that no one knows, to me it just doesnt make sense. But that one na me sha, everybody get wetin de do them
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Eemeekaa(m): 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
obawa1:

Why is the house pointing finger at the direction of the husband alone, What happen to those igbo village girls that guyz bring to the city to Behind up, Later you see them on the street looking for one young guy to dey blow them, when the husband travel on business trip,

I would some people just want to cause a rift,must you state igbo girls you joystick.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by pinkrex(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ibo guys are allergic to nonsense mehn grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by adanny01(m): 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
Some simple questions will answer ur question.
Why do African men keep two wifes and women cant?
Start from culture.
Secondly, why is the rate of divorce low in Nigeria or Africa relative to America?
The second question almost made laugh as am typing. Imagine it, the more cheaters, the less divorce. The more divorce, the less cheaters.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by polokor60(m): 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
adanny01:

Some simple questions will answer your question.
Why do African men keep two wifes and women cant?
Start from culture.
Secondly, why is the rate of divorce low in Nigeria or Africa relative to America?
The second question almost made laugh as am typing. Imagine it, the more cheaters, the less divorce. The more divorce, the less cheaters.
cheesy grin wink cool
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by uuspace(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
sorry to digress a little,but please can someone tel me how i can be able to start new posts,as of now i cannot see the icon,i can only reply to other people posts.thanks
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by uuspace(m): 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
sorry to digress a little,but please can someone tel me how i can be able to start new posts,as of now i cannot see the icon,i can only reply to other people posts.thanks
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Nkemika(f): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
there is more to life than sex and cheating, but i only pity those who calls cheating and many women keeping as fun cos the trust it ends in poverty, loneliness and emptiness, none of these women they cheat with really care about them as much as their own wife,
the trust is a woman can only pray for her home and God to intervene in he man life rather than killing herself in worries cause these worries will affect her, so as for me just do your best and leave it to God.

There are men who dont cheat on their wife no matter what, rare though but there is out there,
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by kokoye(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble,

But sex is not the only reason why people get married.

Some people marry to be looked at responsibily in life, some do it for financial reasons and some for religious reasons. . .companionship. . .child-rearing, etc

Sex is only one of the perks.

I aint saying cheating is good . . .just stating a simple fact.

And the funny thing is most wives knew their man was cheating but they still went ahead with the marriage . .so as to be called Mrs.

So . .who's really to blame??
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by nsodo: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
Many get married not because they want to stop cheating but to earn that status given to married people and out side the home continue with their mischief.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by coogar: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
Freesia:

Why get married if these men intend to live like bachelors

- the society demands it
- a single male is seen as irresponsible once he clocks 30+
- for procreation

there's a certain adventure in cheating. . . .men are naturally adventurous.
besides, some women stop looking attractive after marriage, some of them start adding weight or dressing like eskimos.
men are attracted by what they see within and outside their territories. . . .so when a man starts cheating, the wife is always the fault.
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by Nkemika(f): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
i never said Sex is all in marriage anyway i always know that, content are always interpreted in different ways so ur opinion and thinking is very much allowed, grin

For the men, do that wish pleases your conscience and do that which you can be proud of,
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by pinkrex(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
Nkemika:

i never said Sex is all in marriage anyway i always know that, content are always interpreted in different ways so your opinion and thinking is very much allowed, grin

For the men, do that wish pleases your conscience and do that which you can be proud of,

Can you handle or stay with a cheating hubby??
Re: Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? by kokoye(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
Again, you knew he was cheating but you still married him.

your call . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oldest Possession In Your Home!! / My Husband Is Selfish / Moved Out Of My Parents House Today And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.