Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. (40278 Views)

"It Is So Real": Meet 'omeife' Africa's First Human-like Robot Built In Nigeria / Meet Omeife: The First African Humanoid Robot / Indian Goat Gives Birth To ‘Humanoid Kid’ With Baby-Like Face (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Noblechykk(m): 11:03am On Dec 08, 2022
Blakjewelry:

LOL it wasn't built here neither was it programmed here, the default language shows it is nothing more than Google standard algorithm languages. Plus I am not in anyway anti Igbo, it's your bias mindset that is always pointing you towards that direction. There was this guy that graduated from unizik a couple of years back, he is a great robotic engineer heard he left the country I was to follow his work, great guy. People accused innoson of not building some part of his car parts like engine, from a technological stand point it can be defended, I appreciate there efforts it's a start but when someone point out something you take a critical look at instead of letting your emotional side get the best of you. I want to see alot of tech come from Africa, South Africa is leading currently even their unis so I know what I am talking about.
This your espistle, though reasonable, is disconnected from what you said that made me quote you. If you don't see anything wrong in most of the cars we use today being named after the manufacturers, so what exactly was your point?
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by backtovillage: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2022
Igbo kwenu
Finally una don dey leave cocaine and agbero.
This is what I except from my Yoruba people but unfortunately, fraud is taking over their life
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by ogwuche4u(m): 11:04am On Dec 08, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

See this mumu ! When it comes to tech,the Yorubas are light years ahead of Igbo or any other tribes in Nigeria;go figure out ! You guys from that side just have to realise that the Yorubas are not interested in any senseless Harry and D.ick measuring competition with some primitive village dwellers from gods forsaken land !

What nonsense Nollywood are you even talking about,kiddo ? Do you even know the history of motion pictures and film making in Nigeria ? Do you even know those who pioneered that industry ? Have you ever heard of the names such as Alade Aromire,Hubert Ogunde,Moses Olaiya,etc ? Kiddo,you need education ! You think Yoruba people,who even established a television station before some European countries like France, is interested in any competition with a tribe whose ancestors were still hobnobbing and sharing caves with some primitive apes in alaigbo as at the time theirs were already making ground breaking achievements ? Yoruba are not called "the pace setters' by those who know for nothing; you've got to register that straight,boy !

One of the many problems with you Igbo is that you get unnecessarily excited over a very little achievement;a typical village dwelling syndrome ! You Igbo must understand that Yoruba are not competing with you;there is no basis for such competition. The records are there,Yoruba are not your mates and that's a fact ! Only if you'll task your brain a little and read up about the history and achievements of the Yoruba people,only then will you find out that Igbo people do not come any close !

It is very certain if Seun Osewa @Nairaland had been an Igbo man,all non Igbo Nairaland members wouldn't have been able to breath freely here ! You Igbo are just too primitive ! Know before hand that I won't respond to any nonsense from you on the subject matter.

The igbos that fought civil war with their own inventions? Oga you need mental reevaluation. Go and study history. All this gen z with useless privilege of a faceless forum spewing rubbish. Apart from skull mining and yahoo, what have you guys contributed to nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Goodday90(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

See this mumu ! When it comes to tech,the Yorubas are light years ahead of Igbo or any other tribes in Nigeria;go figure out ! You guys from that side just have to realise that the Yorubas are not interested in any senseless Harry and D.ick measuring competition with some primitive village dwellers from gods forsaken land !

What nonsense Nollywood are you even talking about,kiddo ? Do you even know the history of motion pictures and film making in Nigeria ? Do you even know those who pioneered that industry ? Have you ever heard of the names such as Alade Aromire,Hubert Ogunde,Moses Olaiya,etc ? Kiddo,you need education ! You think Yoruba people,who even established a television station before some European countries like France, is interested in any competition with a tribe whose ancestors were still hobnobbing and sharing caves with some primitive apes in alaigbo as at the time theirs were already making ground breaking achievements ? Yoruba are not called "the pace setters' by those who know for nothing; you've got to register that straight,boy !

One of the many problems with you Igbo is that you get unnecessarily excited over a very little achievement;a typical village dwelling syndrome ! You Igbo must understand that Yoruba are not competing with you;there is no basis for such competition. The records are there,Yoruba are not your mates and that's a fact ! Only if you'll task your brain a little and read up about the history and achievements of the Yoruba people,only then will you find out that Igbo people do not come any close !

It is very certain if Seun Osewa @Nairaland had been an Igbo man,all non Igbo Nairaland members wouldn't have been able to breath freely here ! You Igbo are just too primitive ! Know before hand that I won't respond to any nonsense from you on the subject matter.

be proud of Yoruba movie industry
Stop claiming nollywood

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by clinician2x: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
The igbofication is not a wise idea.

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

Why not your father build one and make it African idea generally.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Gourdoinc(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
idiot ... My point is why not show functionality rather than cover it in isi agwu.. for an Igbo man, you are pretty dull
dunceeee even if they show you its functionality, you i know wont know jack about it . they have dumbed it down for your ilk and yet you still find ways to show you are uncultured. this is one of those times , social media can be blamed for allowing all and sundry to have a voice. people who should never be heard from are suddenly typing always like you have done. please ensure not to procreate, we dont need more
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Masterito(m): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2022
Who cares what you are standing on? I have made my point and you are free to remain stupid.
Blakjewelry:

LOL I wasn't expecting anything less, I see you idiots running amok here on nairaland everyday. I still stand by my word.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Slimwhyt(m): 11:18am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

You know nothing
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BanyXchi: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:

The igbos that fought civil war with their own inventions? Oga you need mental reevaluation. Go and study history. All this gen z with useless privilege of a faceless forum spewing rubbish. Apart from skull mining and yahoo, what have you guys contributed to nigeria?
This Osu miscreant again, why are you delusi0nal? What did your Osu forebearers build during civil war? Is it what the french mercenaries brought?
Yorubas contributed almost everything in this country. I should be asking you what your cursed tribe Ibos have contributed to this country except from CANNIBALISM and Drug trafficking. Like I said earlier, your hatred won't stop Bola Ahmed Tinubu as your next president.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by drphantom: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2022
JASONjnr:
Omo.... Nigeria will be great and talent like this will be encouraged under his excellency PO...

Must we politicize everything? Must we continue to fight and divide ourselves over tribe? ( Something the politicians you are all fighting for don't do themselves?)

Don't you guys ever get tired of turning everything into a political bid?

If you want to go in that direction, you failed to point out that this was accomplished under the Buhari Administration and not any incoming candidate[/b]s.

Also it was accomplished by an [b]Abuja based start up
and not by any SE or SS or SW based company.

Let's stop all this nonsense we are doing in the name of politics
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by victorazy(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Let Africa Africanize theirs, this one na igbofication.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by MakeSenceAlways: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

If "Igbofication" is what caught your attention most, then it tells a lot about your mindset. This mindset is one of the biggest problems in Nigeria. If the humanoid were called Jane or Zuma or any other Nigerian name favorable to you, I'm sure you wouldn't have bothered. We need to unlearn to dislike our closest neighbors.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
Masterito:
Who cares what you are standing on? I have made my point and you are free to remain stupid.
And your points sucks the the brain it is coming from. You want to know the bitter truth, this wasn't made in Nigeria everything was imported and assembled in fact not even the software was program by the guy, it was already made now go hang yourself.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Wuppdex: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
The first ? what about the over 200 million zombies robots we called citizens grin

Lumenasblog:
Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built and Completed in Nigeria.

Africa's first humanoid robot, 'Omeife' has been built by a two-year-old Nigerian technology company called Uniccon Group in Abuja, Nigeria.

The 6-feet tall bilingual or can we call it a multi-lingual robot named 'Omeife' is a female Igbo figure/character that provides language as a service for businesses needing to integrate native African audiences. She is also a multipurpose and assistance robot. She speaks African languages and is programmed to have a deep understanding of African culture and behavioural patterns. Took two years to create and actually capable of speaking and understanding eight different languages; it can speak English, French, Arabic, Kiswahili, Pidgin, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Afrikaans. Now ready to interact with the outside world.

Omeife also has terrain intelligence, knowing the ground and having stability on the floor, which helps it navigate on non-flat surfaces and maintain good balance. It also has GPS for location and state-management for knowing whether the system is standing, walking, talking and so on as well as Advanced Gestures. It expresses while talking, gives hand illustrations, smiles and makes other bodily gestures.

Boasting a good grip, it has the ability to understand shape and how to hold things with its hand. Conversation wise, it has realtime understanding, can actively listen and focus on a specific conversation thread as it’s happening.

It has the ability to switch languages and interact with specific gestures and possesses native accent, complete with pitch and vocabulary detailed pronunciations of words, sentences and even phrases.

Omeife can also identify and tag humans through face and facial expressions; pay attention to a specific item when required; identify objects and knows their characteristics as well as calculate positions and distance of objects it sees.

The group added that it was built with top social interactive skills as it can pay attention to a specific person to keep conversations alive, is polite, careful and aware of words, phrases, sentences and expressions that are not polite in African cultures; safe for kids and not reactive; knowledgeable in various fields and always teachable as it has a learning pipeline to always improve and understand new things from conversations and has the ability to recall, understand old concepts better with new information.

Speaking on the Omeife project, Chuks Ekwueme, CEO, Uniccon Group of Companies, said, “Africa is fast being recognized for its contribution to the global tech ecosystem. Through Omeife and other projects, we’re happy to play a part in helping businesses and people all over Africa achieve their fullest potential by providing access to the most innovative technologies for efficiency.”

'Omeife' is an Igbo word which translates in English to mean 'doer of things'.

Great feat for Nigeria and Africa ����
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by ThiefnubuBandit: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:
typical naive behavior... If I didn't know, I would be offended but I know for a fact you express yourself from a place of stack ignorance and so I will take the advice which says.

Avoid rolling in the mud with swine, people won't be able to tell the difference after some time.

SHUT UP!!! YOU CHRONIC IGNORAMUS.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
Noblechykk:

This your espistle, though reasonable, is disconnected from what you said that made me quote you. If you don't see anything wrong in most of the cars we use today being named after the manufacturers, so what exactly was your point?
the guy you mentioned made a point, you can address that without looking at it from the tribalism angle, there are 10s of beautiful Igbo names you can choose from that will sound regular, this sounds kinda if descriptive. This shouldn't be a problem though, but the kind of attack being thrown at the guy who made the comment is annoying.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Noblechykk(m): 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blakjewelry:
the guy you mentioned made a point, you can address that without looking at it from the tribalism angle, there are 10s of beautiful Igbo names you can choose from that will sound regular, this sounds kinda if descriptive. This shouldn't be a problem though, but the kind of attack being thrown at the guy who made the comment is annoying.
You are wrong; the guy didn't complain about the particular Igbo name used like you are trying make it look. He complained about the name being Igbo in the first place. And I ask, what is wrong with the name? The guy clearly spoke with tribal consideration and you know it; so stop being clever by half
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:

SHUT UP!!! YOU CHRONIC IGNORAMUS.
ahhaah I press your blockos... Hahaha let me attend to others wey need sense like you ... Hahaha
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
MakeSenceAlways:

If "Igbofication" is what caught your attention most, then it tells a lot about your mindset. This mindset is one of the biggest problems in Nigeria. If the humanoid were called Jane or Zuma or any other Nigerian name favorable to you, I'm sure you wouldn't have bothered. We need to unlearn to dislike our closest neighbors.
haha the robot in Dubai did they tie hijab for it ? Hahaha
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
victorazy:

Let Africa Africanize theirs, this one na igbofication.
I like vawulenz guy ... Nah why I press thier blockos like that hahaha but they for no wear cloth for am it make the maker look despirate hahahaha

Did they tie hijab for the one in Dubai?
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
Slimwhyt:

You know nothing
hahaha did they tie hijab for the one in Dubai? Hahaha Mr know sontin
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
Gourdoinc:
dunceeee even if they show you its functionality, you i know wont know jack about it . they have dumbed it down for your ilk and yet you still find ways to show you are uncultured. this is one of those times , social media can be blamed for allowing all and sundry to have a voice. people who should never be heard from are suddenly typing always like you have done. please ensure not to procreate, we dont need more
haha I can't answer all of you ... So shift let me share the insult for others ... You are too greedy coming back for more ... Oliver twist!
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:

One afonja is lamenting already. grin oniranu... They should have called it zeus na... even tookpick you cant manufacture and you are spewing shit from the gutter you called mouth
how far nah .... Did they tie hijab for the one in Dubai?
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Xclusivedaniel6:

Must you add tribalism to technology?
today Is my best day on this platform... I really shake table Sha hahahahah I press thier blockos wrongly Dem start to shout hahahaha
Men this is delicious ... I need morrrrreeeeee ?!

Let me go and get busy with another blockos pressing ..I need y'all to squeal!!!
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by ekenetheorg(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

I believe many may have corrected you but when you hear about Zulu and think that's African, it's because they marketed their tribe to represent Africa. Igbo is pure Africa, same with Yoruba, Hausa and lots of other African tribes.

The Igbofication is a great part of this innovation, showing it's African. Innoson has a car named Ikenga and that's African too.

Tribalism will not kill Nigeria. Learn to love
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by MohSlayer: 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
Oya where’s that urchin bastaard called BATified2023. Come and spew your hate for the robot because it has an Igbo name.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by mabea: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
crafteck:
First thing i want to ask is can it walk?
Was the ai programmed to adapt to any discussion or it only answers particular questions..

Is this another primary school project being exaggerated or it is technologically advanced..
Go and read the article
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by mabea: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Please don't mind all these idiots calling you out, there are hundreds of smarter robot being produced in South Africa but you will never see anything like zuluky or South Africana, na only Nigerian infact don't even be surprised it is simply assembled sef.
Low self-esteem is dangerous. Funny enough fools often see themselves as wise
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BRATISLAVA: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
crafteck:

I was right, the thing is just creepy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfUUiEMFG0

Why not advance it for them, or did you stop your education at primary school projects with them?

Not impressed with the simple things neglected, like eye alignment and removing the mucus on its lips.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by crafteck(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Why not advance it for them, or did you stop your education at primary school projects with them?

Not impressed with the simple things neglected, like eye alignment and removing the mucus on its lips.

Fact that there are lots of open source ai that you can chat with and they respond online makes the software unimpressive, they couldn't even come up with realistic face, eyes and bit of expression on the robot, neither can the mouth actually open to simulate talking, dem for just block mouth put led there.
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by AutoshalomUSA: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
NOTHING ! , I meant you know nothing . What do you mean by igbofication ? The Robot is a product, and the creators chose a name that suits its functions. And you want to accuse them of tribalism because they chose a name they understand . Does the name threaten your culture or existence ? Omeife is an African- Igbo name . Please learn to celebrate with others , and stop seeing evil in Igbos , they are a blessing to Nigeria whether Nigerians like to admit it or NOT !

We love our Proud African inventors and creators . Be proud and your heritage and roosts . Do not be shammed or booed because of your identity .

Nice Work to the Uniccon Group !!!!!! [ quote author=Franzinni post=118367351]The igbofication is not a wise idea.

But what do I even know[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / The Blood Moon Appears Today - What Do You Need To Know About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.