Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? (517 Views)

Can A Christian Live Without The Holy Spirit? / Can A Christian Live Together In The Same Room With An Herbalist? / Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 2:43am On Nov 14, 2022
Nowadays, there seems to be confusion about the possibility of living holy without sin because of some scriptural verses, the body of sin we carry and the wickedness of this world.

Some scriptural verses are to be read to understand the standpoint:

1 John 1:8 " If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us"

Again (repeated)

1 John 1:10 " If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us"

The next chapter seems to be more confusing.

1 John 2:1" My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

You now see another two verses in
I John 3:8-9" He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the son of God was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God"

It is an error to believe that a born again Christian cannot sin and that God forgives his sin readily without any confession.
It is also a false doctrine to believe that God does not see the sin of a christian but God only sees the blood of Christ after commiting sin.

Another misleading teaching is that God forgives his sins past, present and future.

The issue of sin should not be handled by preachers with carelessness or levity, that is, teaching a serious matter of sin, which Jesus Christ suffered, humiliated and beaten to death and shed his innocent blood as a living sacrifice for us to have access to the throne of God Almighty with a careless attitude.

We are living in a wicked world of sin, left, front, back, right, center and 360 degree. Sins abound around us.

With man, it is impossible to live without sin as stated in Psalm 51:5" Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

How then can we be delivered from sin?

See

John 1:12" But as many as received him, to them gave power to become the sons of God, even to then that believe on his name"

Power has been given to us to become the Children of God, we received the new nature of Christ when we received Christ as our Lord and personal saviour.

This is just the beginning, there must be a CONTINUOUS relationship with the seed, the word of God, that is, obeying the word of God, observing it living the word of God CONTINUOUSLY, then we can be sure that we cannot sin because seed of God is inside us.
If, however, we fall into sin, the Bible says 1 John 1:9" if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleans us from all unrighteousness"
It also said, 1 John 2:1-2 that we have advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for sins:"

The problem with sin is, after you have done what you think is commanded by the scripture, how do you know whether you have sinned against God or not? How do you know which sin to confess?

What you think is your best may just be 50% before God.

You might have done something unconsciously with good intentions which before God is above the limit, presumptuously done without thinking twice. It could be a sin before God.

It is possible to be rightly wrong. So to say, it is possible to be innocently wrong.

You are doing something you feel is okay but you have slapped God on the face unknowingly. You have committed a sin before God.

So, there is need for us to do daily checking, daily examination, continuous relationship with the God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit in order to be Holy without any blemish or trace of sin.

Our prayers of checking or examining ourselves should be prayed like this:

Lord, is there anything wrong? Help me.
Give me the grace to follow you to the end.
Have mercy on me.
Open my eyes, let me see myself and if I am wrong, correct me.

It is only God that can detect the smallest sin, minute, tiny sin in our hearts.

You say, you are holy but God said you are arrogant then you have fallen short of the glory of God.

All have sinned. All, I mean, All have fallen short of the glory of God.

If Jesus did not die on the cross and resurrected on the third day, we are doomed.

Thanks be to God for his mercy.

We are not entitled to anything before God but we have access to the throne of God only by GRACE and MERCY through the blood of Christ..

We must continuously ask for grace, mercy and forgiveness through the BLOOD of Jesus.

The more we move closer to God, the more we see ourselves clearly in the right picture of God.

That's why prayer is essential in our relationship with God.

Someone has said, prayer will keep you from sinning and sin will keep you from praying.

It depends on the prayers.

The answer to the above question is that a christian can live without sin if and only if , he abides with the seed, the word of God and continuously be in friendship with God in his Christian walk. Just like Enoch.

Enoch walked with God: Genesis 5:24 and he was not; for God took him.

May God take us away on the rapture day. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2022
Amen.
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 1:14am On Nov 16, 2022
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by Steep: 5:18am On Nov 16, 2022
The teaching that once one is saved God does not see his sin and God forgives past present and future sin are false.
Rather God forgives all his past sins and sanctified him which includes forgiveness of sin.

A Christian sins when he walks in the flesh.
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2022
Romans 9:15
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Romans 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
God2man2again:
Romans 9:15
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion
Romans 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
So does any of the above then mean God is no longer q faithful God fhen? undecided

Are we to assume that because God pours out His mercy daily on even the wicker and ungrateful in the world means God is no longer faithful where His Law is concerned? undecided
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
God2man2again:
It is an error to believe that a born again Christian cannot sin and that God forgives his sin readily without any confession.
It is also a false doctrine to believe that God does not see the sin of a christian but God only sees the blood of Christ after commiting sin.

Another misleading teaching is that God forgives his sins past, present and future.

The issue of sin should not be handled by preachers with carelessness or levity, that is, teaching a serious matter of sin, which Jesus Christ suffered, humiliated and beaten to death and shed his innocent blood as a living sacrifice for us to have access to the throne of God Almighty with a careless attitude.

We are living in a wicked world of sin, left, front, back, right, center and 360 degree. Sins abound around us.

With man, it is impossible to live without sin as stated in Psalm 51:5" Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

Why not look to the source of Truth himself for the answers to this? He makes it simple. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, one must be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God - no exception to this rule - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - and this can be done via 1 of 2 gates; the broad gate which leads to destruction aka Hellfire and the Narrow gate which leads to True Life aka Heaven at the end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 - meaning that every last one of those who will end up in Hell after judgement day will all be born-again as they all possess eternal life which they will intend spend in eternal damnation, and their sentence is to be served out in the Kingdom of God where only those who are born-again have access to - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. And according to the judgement which will be doled out by the King in the Kingdom of God at the end, the punishment of eternal damnation is meant for those who refuse to do as God commands aka those who believe yet continue in disobedience aka sin. undecided

The Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ is a Logical system that only those who have not sacrificed their ability to properly reason, particularly at the altar of lies that is the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches). undecided
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by Steep: 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why not look to the source of Truth himself for the answers to this? He makes it simple. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, one must be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God - no exception to this rule - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - and this can be done via 1 of 2 gates; the broad gate which leads to destruction aka Hellfire and the Narrow gate which leads to True Life aka Heaven at the end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 - meaning that every last one of those who will end up in Hell after judgement day will all be born-again as they all possess eternal life which they will intend spend in eternal damnation, and their sentence is to be served out in the Kingdom of God where only those who are born-again have access to - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. And according to the judgement which will be doled out by the King in the Kingdom of God at the end, the punishment of eternal damnation is meant for those who refuse to do as God commands aka those who believe yet continue in disobedience aka sin.
Junks
load of nonsense.
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 4:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:

According to Jesus Christ, one must be born-again in order to enter into the Kingdom of God - no exception to this rule - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - and this can be done via 1 of 2 gates; the broad gate which leads to destruction aka Hellfire and the Narrow gate which leads to True Life aka Heaven at the end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 - meaning that every last one of those who will end up in Hell after judgement day will all be born-again as they all possess eternal life which they will intend spend in eternal damnation, and their sentence is to be served out in the Kingdom of God where only those who are born-again have access to - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. And according to the judgement which will be doled out by the King in the Kingdom of God at the end, the punishment of eternal damnation is meant for those who refuse to do as God commands aka those who believe yet continue in disobedience aka sin. undecided

The Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ is a Logical system that only those who have not sacrificed their ability to properly reason, particularly at the altar of lies that is the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches). undecided

Meaning what?

Why destroying the good intentions of the topic?
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2022
God2man2again:
Meaning what? Why destroying the good intentions of the topic?
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God is not about good intentions but about the absolute Truth of God. undecided

Jesus Christ sent His followers out to teach His Truth as He taught them to men, not feed them the confusions they have gleaned from ransacked the thoughts of others. undecided

The teachings in the passages taken directly from the very Gospel of the Kingdom of God attributed to Jesus Christ more than respond to the topic here as it indicates that being born-again means eternity in damnation for those who continue to live in disobedience aka sin. And good intentions are that which will lead many into place of Eternal damnation at the end. . undecided
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God is not about good intentions but about the absolute Truth of God. undecided

Jesus Christ sent His followers out to teach His Truth as He taught them to men, not feed them the confusions they have gleaned from ransacked the thoughts of others. undecided

The teachings in the passages taken directly from the very Gospel of the Kingdom of God attributed to Jesus Christ more than respond to the topic here as it indicates that being born-again means eternity in damnation for those who continue to live in disobedience aka sin. And good intentions are that which will lead many into place of Eternal damnation at the end. . undecided

Kindly explain more, I still don't understand your explanations?
Are you telling us now that the good intentions of the topic is falsehood and not the truth?
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
God2man2again:
Kindly explain more, I still don't understand your explanations?
Are you telling us now that the good intentions of the topic is falsehood and not the truth?

What "good intentions" of the topic might you be referring to when I clearly stated that that which has to do with the Kingdom of God is about the absolute Truth of God and not simply that which you refer to as good intentions? undecided
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 6:54am On Nov 18, 2022
God2man2again:
Nowadays, there seems to be confusion about the possibility of living holy without sin because of some scriptural verses, the body of sin we carry and the wickedness of this world.

Some scriptural verses are to be read to understand the standpoint:

1 John 1:8 " If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us"

Again (repeated)

1 John 1:10 " If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us"

The next chapter seems to be more confusing.

1 John 2:1" My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

You now see another two verses in
I John 3:8-9" He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the son of God was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God"

See

John 1:12" But as many as received him, to them gave power to become the sons of God, even to then that believe on his name"

Power has been given to us to become the Children of God, we received the new nature of Christ when we received Christ as our Lord and personal saviour.

This is just the beginning, there must be a CONTINUOUS relationship with the seed, the word of God, that is, obeying the word of God, observing it living the word of God CONTINUOUSLY, then we can be sure that we cannot sin because seed of God is inside us.
If, however, we fall into sin, the Bible says 1 John 1:9" if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleans us from all unrighteousness"
It also said, 1 John 2:1-2 that we have advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for sins:"

The problem with sin is, after you have done what you think is commanded by the scripture, how do you know whether you have sinned against God or not? How do you know which sin to confess?

What you think is your best may just be 50% before God.

You might have done something unconsciously with good intentions which before God is above the limit, presumptuously done without thinking twice. It could be a sin before God.

It is possible to be rightly wrong. So to say, it is possible to be innocently wrong.

You are doing something you feel is okay but you have slapped God on the face unknowingly. You have committed a sin before God.

So, there is need for us to do daily checking, daily examination, continuous relationship with the God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit in order to be Holy without any blemish or trace of sin.

Our prayers of checking or examining ourselves should be prayed like this:

Lord, is there anything wrong? Help me.
Give me the grace to follow you to the end.
Have mercy on me.
Open my eyes, let me see myself and if I am wrong, correct me.

It is only God that can detect the smallest sin, minute, tiny sin in our hearts.

You say, you are holy but God said you are arrogant then you have fallen short of the glory of God.

All have sinned. All, I mean, All have fallen short of the glory of God.

If Jesus did not die on the cross and resurrected on the third day, we are doomed.

Thanks be to God for his mercy.

We are not entitled to anything before God but we have access to the throne of God only by GRACE and MERCY through the blood of Christ..

We must continuously ask for grace, mercy and forgiveness through the BLOOD of Jesus.

The more we move closer to God, the more we see ourselves clearly in the right picture of God.

That's why prayer is essential in our relationship with God.

Someone has said, prayer will keep you from sinning and sin will keep you from praying.

It depends on the prayers.

The answer to the above question is that a christian can live without sin if and only if , he abides with the seed, the word of God and continuously be in friendship with God in his Christian walk. Just like Enoch.

Enoch walked with God: Genesis 5:24 and he was not; for God took him.

May God take us away on the rapture day. Amen.

An addendum to the topic or an afterwords.

An addendum or an afterwords to the topic.

Whenever a christian backslides, it means the christian is living in sin, or the christian is living an unholy life.
That means that it is possible to be holy today and because you failed to observe constant abiding in God's presence to receive strength and grace to overcome the temptations for the day, you fall into sin the next day.

That's why constant sanctification in his presence must be obtained before you go out to receive sustenance and grace for the day.

Redeeming the time because the days are evil.

Therefore, any christian that has not received the grace to fast and pray will be in danger as long as he lives.

We have been commanded
" Pray without ceasing"

Men ought always to pray and not to faint.

A prayerless christian is a powerless christian.

The more you pray, the more you discover.
The more you pray, the more you recover.
The more you pray, the more you overcome sin and live a holy life.

The more you pray, the more breakthrough you get.

The more you pray, the more revelation you get from God.

The more you pray, the more you grow spiritually.

The more you pray, the more you will be able to fulfill your destiny.

Lastly, it depends on the kind of prayers you are praying. So it is necessary to pray targeted prayers to obtain the required results because you can pray useless prayers from the cradle to the grave.
Always let your prayers be directed by the holy ghost, that is why it is necessary to seek for the Baptism of the Holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
Speaking in tongues will enable you to pray with the mind of the holy spirit and not carnal praying.
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by orisa37: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
If you're truly Born Again, you live in the House hold of God and you are always guarded and guided by His Spirit of Direction and Knowledge.
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2022
orisa37:
If you're truly Born Again, you live in the House hold of God and you are always guarded and guided by His Spirit of Direction and Knowledge.

You live in the house hold of God?
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2022
Job 4:18-19 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
Re: Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? by God2man2again(m): 5:36am On Nov 27, 2022
orisa37:

Kindly explain sir.

(1) (Reply)

The Tripartite Impersonations Of The End-time False Prophets / Why Are You A Christian Or A Muslim? / Some Atheists Pretend Not To Know That There Are Rules Of Argument! !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.