Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,927 members, 7,863,273 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Please! I Need Your Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please! I Need Your Advice (217 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please! I Need Your Advice by Innjoofire: 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hello, I am 22 years old and I need your advice.
I have graduated high school and I am hoping to further my education. I have saved about 100k from site works I have been doing but that kind of work isn't something I can do for long.
The problem now is that what can I do with the money that will be my new source of income. I have learned Tailoring. But investing that kind of money into Tailoring is too small. sewing machine even cost more than what I have though I have an old butterfly sewing machine.
I have thought about buying a laptop and learning programming and web design - I have read that I can learn enough in three to six months to get a job.
So should I invest in the Tailoring business and start small with my butterfly machine or should I buy a laptop and learn a programming language. The reason why am thinking of learning programming is because i think it is more flexible and has possiblity of higher income.
Thanks
Mod please help me move this to fp
Re: Please! I Need Your Advice by Binsky: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
I would advice you to learn a programming
Because you don't need
much capital to start
Just a laptop.
U can learn for free (YouTube, freecodecamp etc)
almost all solution to your problems is on stackoverflow

Advice
Be project based. Learn by building things on your own
Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please! I Need Your Advice by Innjoofire: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
Binsky:
I would advice you to learn a programming
Because you don't need
much capital to start
Just a laptop.
U can learn for free (YouTube, freecodecamp etc)
almost all solution to your problems is on stackoverflow

Advice
Be project based. Learn by building things on your own
Thank me later
Thanks you very much
Re: Please! I Need Your Advice by Tohsynetita1: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
To me o, am not saying you should learn programming or not but try to watch videos on that thing called programming first. Programming language no be beans. No be every body go be computer scientist. I typed this so as not to waste your proceeds. why can't you buy the stuff you need for tailoring gradually, you could manage as a sewing staff somewhere to accumulate funds and leave whenever you want. Your problem now is to get money and not to get Programming skills.

1 Like

Re: Please! I Need Your Advice by Binsky: 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
G

(1) (Reply)

Think Like The Rich / Xamarin Instructor Needed / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.