Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? (21801 Views)

Do Africans Owe African Americans Reparations? / Do Africans & African Americans Hate Each Other / What Do Africans Wear In The 1800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by AlphaTaikun: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
FireUpNow:
It's mental slavery. The thing is most of the white people do very simple wedding by going to the church or registry with not up to 10 people and get married but Africans both rich and poor like elaborate weddings where they go to the extent of borrowing money and also tasking family members just to cook food for guests and buy drinks.
Nicely put.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by FireUpNow(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Nicely put.
Gracias muchas

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
kingthreat:
Please keep ranting. This is my last response to a nonentity.

No, I was not ranting.

I was only setting you straight.

Now, go and sin no more and stop being a sexist BATist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by litaninja(m): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lol. I know then and how they reason. Latest January 2023 she go change tune say that money, use am for wedding ceremony. Please don't forget to mention me and give update when it happens.

Stankovic22:
I have had this discussion with ladies and I have had to walk out from two relationships because of this and in my present relationship my woman already knows my stand. You either accept it or we go our separate ways. Not me trying to be imposing but for both of us to have sense by force.

You cannot be asking me to blow away life savings just because I want to impress people who won't go through the storm with me when they come. I have never seen anyone given an award for the best wedding, never!

I have friends that did lavish wedding and after that marriage has been from hand to mouth rushing to borrow from me a single.

I gave my partner two options.

White wedding with reception with no business for you or we just go for church blessings and money meant for reception will be used to invest in your business?

When the offer was laid, she accepted business. I proceeded to discuss with her parents who already knew we are together and told them that I am only coming go fulfill all traditional rites after that we just go for church blessings, no party no noise

The mom was like, no nah! This is our first daughter and we need to at least celebrate it.

I understood clearly but we cannot kill ourselves to prove a point.

Both families are not strong, I am a struggling young man who remembers my root and what it means for a child to sleep hungry.

I told the mom, mummy, you already know my root and your root too. Which will you prefer? We prove a point and hope God blesses us tomorrow or we save the money, invest it for your daughter and her children not to go hungry?

I already have my business thriving, I wouldn't want to do anything that will affect me and when we get married, we will now be stressing the business. Outside the business capital I have some nice savings and part of it is what I am setting outside for the marriage rites. The rest is set aside for my wife's business and other unforseen events. Business capital must never be touched.

The father spoke and said he supports our decision and it's a wise one.

So the decision has been made. Come March 2023 we will be tying the knot. In a low key way and continue our together forever life.

Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by newdawn2017(f): 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
Odward:
Leave us alone that’s what makes us Africansundecided
if shamelessness was a person.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by newdawn2017(f): 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2022
Jestin:
Africans are getting smarter this days. I will only spend 200k on my weeding regardless of the trillions in my account. Any babe that is not comfortable with this should sponsor the weeding herself
yes, I Will keep mine simple like that too. My wedding is for my loved one to share in my joy.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by newdawn2017(f): 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
siofra:
That's church wedding not white wedding.
jokes on u, it's white wedding now called church wedding to suit ur christian narrative.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by newdawn2017(f): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2022
Tradepunter2:
ASIANS ALSO DO WHITE WEDDING NA

WHY THE ATTACK ON BLACKS?

IT'S ALL CULTURAL INFLUENCE JUST THE WAY ITS BEEN FROM TIME IN MEMORIAL

ROMANS INFLUENCE ON EUROPEAN CULTURE, ARAB CULTURE ETC

NO BIGGIE
but them nor carry their culture play or loose it. But black re perpetually lost & can never be recovered as a person
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Tradepunter2: 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2022
newdawn2017:
but them nor carry 5bir culture play or loose it. But black re perpetually lost & can never be recovered as a person

carry am for HEAD IS ALL RELATIVE..... MANY DO COURT WEDDINGS MORE THAN WHITE WEDDING

SO ITS RELATIVE
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by newdawn2017(f): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2022
vickydevoka:

The woman no put rope for your neck
Arabs with low self esteem & no sense of self too now inculcate it int their nikai long hijabi white gown it a tail. & Walk down d asle too. Otherwise a proud confident Arab I know won't try it
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by charlesedu777: 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2022
As a Christen you go to church for you church wedding.
After that if you like call the whole world at your reception is your our cup of tea
Offpoint1:

So asking why you abandoned your culture is racism?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by charlesedu777: 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Which one is your culture?
Offpoint1:

So asking why you abandoned your culture is racism?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Wow. This ediot think there aren't people who think like him, somebody epp. cry cry

'Likes' is your comeback? The fact that people agree with you means you made sense? grin

So that means Obi is very sensible too then; look at the number of people supporting him.

Go to YouTube and see atheists making videos cussing God and the number of likes it gets. There are so many pastors preaching nonsense too, and they have supporters.

You didn't say anything groundbreaking, lmao. Stupeed people will always like stupeed things and posts.

Oh wow. What a greatly destabilising clapback. Damn. E touch me. I am as valueless as an inanimate object. That's so crushing I have no choice but to deactivate my account, but I must first say that that is rich coming from someone chasing clout with "feminism." You don't look for relevance on the Internet, but 40 likes dey make your brain spark cheesy.

This one is a ********** (sha).

Seun Nlfpmod.

Rule 2 o.

This girl just like bashing male Nairalanders which erupts bad image to Nairaland.
Re: Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? by Kipaji: 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
RestructureNig1:
Africans have their own wedding but spend a lot doing European weddings and wearing fake hair. Africans are shameless have low self esteem. Tụfịakwa

First of all, weddings were invented by Africans. And they are the ones who brought the traditions in Europe. With time the practice developed in its particular way in Europe.

Now, the reason why we do not perform wedding following our traditional practice is simply acculturation and inferiority complex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2016 Ofala: Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off Festival - Photos / Ayiri Emami Asks IGP To Investigate Alleged Stealing Of Olu Of Warri’s Crown / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Sanction Woman For Wearing Trousers To Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.