Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (85755 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2011
Another victory. . . .not the most comfortable (due to Per's gaffe and the defensive heroics of Norwich) but it's another win.

On the back of an international week, I'll take a slim 2-1 victory every time.

Excellent display from Theo and RVP today. . . .Gervinho and Theo were a bit unlucky not to score as well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2011
3 points!!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
Great win and another 3 points in the bag for the gunners. Awaiting slip-ups by Tottenham and Manshitty.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by HNIC(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2011
3 points in the bag
5th win in a row.
Lost a lotta chances though. . .
and big PER. . .bad bad error.
We are at par with the Chavs and ahead of 'Pool(one more game played though)
Didn't look like this a few weeks ago grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
That Norwich keeper was on some other shyte

Somethin to chew on
52% (13/25) of #Arsenal's PL goals have been scored by @persie_official. Second highest contribution? 8/17 (47%) by Demba Ba for #Newcastle.

This stat is a bit worrying! Theo and Gerv better lace their boots
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2011
A-40:

Somethin to chew on
52% (13/25) of #Arsenal's PL goals have been scored by @persie_official. Second highest contribution? 8/17 (47%) by Demba Ba for #Newcastle.

Hmmm, This should be taken-up seriously. Gervinho and Walcott are underperforming.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2011
A-40:

Somethin to chew on

Yeah, its a bit worrisome but some people here are going to make jokes about how R.VanPee is or isn't a striker, midfielder, defender and goal keeper @ d same time.

We don't know if the others are going to step up to goal-scoring responsibilities in his absence.

Good game anyway, the weekend started off on a positive note.

Now off to the stadium for some tailgating and a game of American rugby football.  cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2011
Oga JJCD I've seen all the better prayers and I add my own join, I was about to bring out my "olugboun" and "afose" to seal it but I know yu're a christian. tongue grin
My prayer is that you should never be underappreciated at home or abroad like Wenger was by Arsenal fans earlier in the season.

slimshay:

Meanwhile where is Dudu?. . . . .how far, shey na you be dat? If na you, you know wetin I dey talk o. grin

All seems fine and dandy in Gooner land, so I nor dey stressed. Just sipping on mojitos with a bevy of beauties as time flows by in a gentle flowing stream
Ha ha, can life get any better like Homer Simpson would say.   grin grin
You know say I don know your whole family history now. I nor even know say na my personal person I dey yarn with since but then its not surprising as great minds think alike  tongue
seriously I go reply you, just a bit busy and slightly unsettled in a good way at present.

Lest I forget, can someone please help beg Gervinho to be serious when he gets on the pitch? that guy should be scoring and making goals for fun and a run of 3 games like that for Walcott and I'll be sure he's finally turned a corner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2011
Dudu don show o. Alrite man will expect ya response.

@dipo, it's not so much they underperforming, more like underscoring. Pundits will say things like that are in the head. Both Theo and Gerv did practically everything except put it in the back of the net today. Gerv actually dribbled the keeper and practically passed it back to him. grin

They've got to get past the mentality RvP is the only one sure to put it past the keeper. For the second goal, Gerv was waaay better placed than RvP yet Song put it through to the captain. I hope they get past this quickly.

An even scarier stat is the one that RvP has contributed to 38 out of 58 or something ridiculous like that. That's quite impressive, but also potentially dangerous.

5 wins on the bounce. . . . . .hold the line. . . . .TEEEEEEEENHUTTT!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2011
SLIM

For me, underscoring ultimately equates to underperforming for attackers. If RvP got injured and the two in question keep underscoring and the team starts to suffer, won't you say Walcott and Gerv are underperforming?
Its a very dangerous situation we are in and we are just fortunate RvP has top class attitude.
Imagine a player like him letting it all get to his head ala Tevez. Having just one player netting all the goals isn't an enviable situation at all.
Arsenal used to have at least 4 serious potential goal threats at a time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
Lol i forgot to even talk about Mertesacker. Well i have seen him in the Bundsesliga so i am not suprised. He's dropped less clangers than i expected he would sef

As for our over-reliance on RVP i think you guys are right. Theo and Gerv have been either wasteful or just plain unlucky. I just hope they pick up soon! Cos we need goals and lots of em! Our poor start is what got us in this mess in the first place. My problem with Theo in particular is his reluctance to work on his left foot! He would score more goals if he mastered the use of his left peg id suggest Wenger works with him on that because coming from the right flank and using your right peg kinda favors the goalie as it narrows the angle for your shot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2011
When you see how ineffective reckless spending could be at times, u just have to respect Arsene Wenger's results despite his shrewdness in the transfer market.

Chelsea gazumped our Mata deal, brought in Meireles and Lukaku for big bucks and still are behind us in quality of play. I have watched recent Chelsea games and I am really disappointed at how AVB is tactically.

At this rate, Chelsea can only hope for a top four finish with Manure and Shitty almost certain to make that top four - meanwhile arsenal is improving and increasingly more likely to make the top four.

AVB is in some deep sheet - he shoulda just stayed in Porto grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2011
dipo+:

When you see how ineffective reckless spending could be at times, u just have to respect Arsene Wenger's results despite his shrewdness in the transfer market.

Chelsea gazumped our Mata deal, brought in Meireles and Lukaku for big bucks and still are behind us in quality of play. I have watched recent Chelsea games and I am really disappointed at how AVB is tactically.

At this rate, Chelsea can only hope for a top four finish with Manure and Shitty almost certain to make that top four - meanwhile arsenal is improving and increasingly more likely to make the top four.

AVB is in some deep sheet - he shoulda just stayed in Porto grin

Seems like the billionaire without sense will be shopping for another coach soon grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2011
Nice slowly growing thread. . . . not like the crazy days of August/September when we would gain 5 pages a day. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Jencejyde(m): 11:24am On Nov 21, 2011
duduspace:

Oga JJCD I've seen all the better prayers and I add my own join, I was about to bring out my "olugboun" and "afose" to seal it but I know yu're a christian. tongue grin
My prayer is that you should never be underappreciated at home or abroad like Wenger was by Arsenal fans earlier in the season.

hahahah grin Amen! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
debosky:

Nice slowly growing thread. . . . not like the crazy days of August/September when we would gain 5 pages a day. grin

thats because you and dudu and slim have stopped coming to tell us Tales By Moonlight and the Economics of iya basira's groundnut oil business tongue tongue tongue tongue

whatever it is thats occupying u pple is very very welcome grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2011
4llerbuntu:

thats because you and dudu and slim have stopped coming to tell us Tales By Moonlight and the Economics of iya basira's groundnut oil business tongue tongue tongue tongue

Don't tempt me oh. . . .I have like 6 full page posts ready to post if Dudu should yarn megedefegede on this thread. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
4ller how is that Wenger-Out working for you? tongue Baba Ijebu knows, all ya'll fudamuckas!!! tongue grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2011
debosky:

Don't tempt me oh. . . .I have like 6 full page posts ready to post if Dudu should yarn megedefegede on this thread. grin  grin

Haaaa Debo dey try me, if you see my ready prepared  Arsenal financial "Dead Sea Scrolls", you will bow.  tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
duduspace:

Haaaa Debo dey try me, if you see my ready prepared  Arsenal financial "Dead Sea Scrolls", you will bow.  tongue grin

Me sef don prepare my Arsenal's strategic failings 'War and Peace' grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
I am happy with the good run of results
I can now safely say we have form

Now we beat Dortmund and then qualify so we can focus

Fulham, City(Carling), Wigan, Everton

We need to continue this run,,,

Mehn, we are dependent on RvP 22 shots and 2 goals is not a good return though that No 5 for Norwich saved like 3 balls off the line

Go Gunners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, we've found form. For those who have been praying, please keep praying as we enter into December/ January
Prayer points:

1. No more 'long term' injuries
2. Jack Wilshere will come back asap
3. Sagna will also return asap.
4. Chamakh should find his scoring boots/head (or both)

Feel free to add more
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ proudly

Amen,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
e be like say slimshay does not.know.that my beef for wenger is world sized.

it wasnt becos of the results, ask debosky naw. i have always been the chief transformer hugger wen it comes to wenger. he collected my british girlfriend and lost to spuds and chavs in the same season home n away. unforgiveable.

he has lost to spuds again dis season. na caro fit end my beef for am
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2011
btw, we just bucked a trend dis year, evil novembers,

here is to hoping we break the february hoodoo too. if we do, we will win the league.

yes i said it, bite me.

but over time those two months have been crucial.

anyways can someone recommend a site where i can get to watch live stream footy tonite?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by codedguy1(m): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
debosky:

4llerbuntu:

duduspace:

Haaaa Debo dey try me, if you see my ready prepared  Arsenal financial "Dead Sea Scrolls", you will bow.  tongue grin

debosky:

Me sef don prepare my Arsenal's strategic failings 'War and Peace' grin grin

grin grin grin Halleluyah, So jokes are beeing cracked on this thread. Happy day are here again grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by HNIC(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2011
Eboue was pelted with missiles in a league match recently.
Crazy turkish fans.
It looked like a reaction to his 'overreaction' to a tackle.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by cooltobex(m): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2011
Wow! In a futbol match? Doz fans av got 2 b psychos. They nid 2 b checkd,trust me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
HNIC:

Eboue was pelted with missiles in a league match recently.
Crazy turkish fans.
It looked like a reaction to his 'overreaction' to a tackle.

They should have cracked that coconut head of his. I watched highlights from last season and one of the defining moments was that needless penalty against LiverPool. What was he thinking ? Kuyt was even running away from goal with the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ed you sure say na Kuyt hin foul? lipsrsealed grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
Slimey boy na Kuyt na, abi this old age don dey catch my eye sef ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
slimshay:

Ed you sure say na Kuyt hin foul? lipsrsealed grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.