Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim (1235 Views)

Atheist CONVERTS After Scientists Analysed The Cloth 'Jesus Was Buried In' / This Is The Reason Islam Is Open To Terrorism While Christianity Don't / Pst. Kingsley Dismissed Claims That Jesus Is Against Divorced Persons Remarrying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by ApostolosIisous: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
You assume he knows the interpretation. Sometimes it's better to educate people.
No. Everytime.

AntiChristian:

I think he knows the interpretation but just wishes to deluded himself and others who are ignorant!

They just love arguments without end!
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by ApostolosIisous: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
haekymbahd:

The book of Exodus contains the following verse in reference to a Haj in the time of Moses: wa-haya ha-yom haza lakhem li-zikron wa-khagotem oto khag li-Yehowa li-dorotaychem khuqat olam takhaguhu ”And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.” (Exodus 12:14)

In this verse the King James translators rendered the uninflected noun Khag as “feast.” This word Khag is wholly cognate to the Arabic Haj. Elsewhere in the verse the word Khag is inflected as khagotem and takhaguh. One must pay attention to the fact that the Hebrew phonetic “kh” is the pharyngeal fricative “h” in Arabic. Also, one must note that the phonetic “g” is cognate to the Arabic “j.” So for analytical purposes in this context the verse would be rendered: “And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a Haj to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a Haj by an ordinance forever.”
What is Haj sir, I mean what is it really?

Problems is you christians don't think have you ever wondered if there were churches mentioned in the the old testament.. The same reason why we have churches is the same reason we have mosques...

Church according to this context is simply a gathering of believers, usually under a shelter (roofing, shed, building, etc), no?
If so, this was practiced in the old testament

So it makes them christian abi (did any of the prophet of old meet Jesus talkless of following him).. I guess it only means you christians plagiarized from the old testaments...
What do you mean by Christians plagiarised the old testaments?
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by AntiChristian: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
You assume he knows the interpretation. Sometimes it's better to educate people.
No. Everytime.

Education is for whoever wants to learn!
Na argument most of this people want!

All Prophets of Allah are Muslims. Who said only Jesus is Muslim? Why separate Jesus from others?
If Jesus is Muslim cos of "xyz", then Abraham, Moses, Solomon, David, Joseph, Jonah, Elisha, Elijah, John, etc are also Muslims for the same "xyz".

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by ApostolosIisous: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
Okay sir.
AntiChristian:

Education is for whoever wants to learn!
Na argument most of this people want!

All Prophets of Allah are Muslims. Who said only Jesus is Muslim? Why separate Jesus from others?
If Jesus is Muslim cos of "xyz", then Abraham, Moses, Solomon, David, Joseph, Jonah, Elisha, Elijah, John, etc are also Muslims for the same "xyz".
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by advocatejare(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
Okay sir.
I’m sure Antichristian folly is amusing you.

That’s the rubbish they teach them in their madrasas

2 Likes

Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by haekymbahd(m): 4:51am On Nov 19, 2022
#
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by 1Sharon(f): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

After you tell me the definition of Christianity from the Bible with verses, then i will tell you.

My friend, I don't care about the definition of Christianity, I'm not a Christian.

Now answer the question and stop deflecting.

Why do muslims love to claim Jesus as a Muslim when he didn't fit the definition?

Can someone be a Muslim without accepting Mohammed as the last prophet?

What does the Shahada/1st pillar of Islam talk about again?
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by MrCodeSolo: 2:10am On Nov 24, 2022
too much education corrupts the mind
do you know what else does? Spiritual cognitive dissonance (SCD)
people can experience dissonance in their religious attitudes and experience.
For example, people of varying religiousness may differ in how they view
God doctrinally and experience God relationally (i.e., head–heart discrepancy),
especially when navigating existentially threatening situations.
Spiritual cognitive dissonance (SCD) is a condition wherein a person
holds conflicting thoughts about their spiritual beliefs and
their behavioral patterns

what is your religion conversion history like?
painting other religion black is a familiar symptom if you ask me
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by AntiChristian: 5:25am On Nov 24, 2022
1Sharon:

My friend, I don't care about the definition of Christianity, I'm not a Christian.
So why have you been supportive to Christianity? Liar!

Now answer the question and stop deflecting.

Why do muslims love to claim Jesus as a Muslim when he didn't fit the definition?

Can someone be a Muslim without accepting Mohammed as the last prophet?

What does the Shahada/1st pillar of Islam talk about again?

A Muslim is one who obeys Allah and His Prophet at any given point in history! This obedience leads to the total submission to Him alone in His oneness, Lordship, worship,etc.

So all Prophets of Islam from Adam till Muhammad are Muslims!

All of them never deny the prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam!

The Shahadah is in accordance with obeying Allah and the current Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam till the world ends!

Jesus was the prophet of Israel in his time!

Moses was the prophet of his people in his time. Same as Noah, Joseph, Jonah!

We'll see the bias you have against Muslims now!
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by 1Sharon(f): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

A Muslim is one who obeys Allah and His Prophet at any given point in history! This obedience leads to the total submission to Him alone in His oneness, Lordship, worship,etc.

So all Prophets of Islam from Adam till Muhammad are Muslims!

The Shahadah is in accordance with obeying Allah and the current Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam till the world ends!

Jesus was the prophet of Israel in his time!

Moses was the prophet of his people in his time. Same as Noah, Joseph, Jonah!

We'll see the bias you have against Muslims now!

I'm not a Christian but they do have a point in saying Jesus wasn't a Muslim.

If Jesus was a Muslim, why did do unislamic/haram things like turning water to wine??

Why did he follow Jewish traditions like keeping the passover??

How can they deny or confirm what never existed during their time??

Doesn't Judaism predate Islam?

How could they obey Muhammed when he never existed?

Can someone now be a Muslim without acknowledging Mohammed??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by Takara: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2022
post=118408471:
Of course Jesus Christ was ...and not Christian , but his followers are by definition Christian. Jesus is the Object of Christian worship and devotion and for this reason He cannot be his own follower.

And this is precisely the problem with Christianity. In Mathew 5:17 Jesus said:

'Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.'

In this verse it is clear that Jesus did not come to start a new religion but to continue with the religion of the earlier prophets. So there is no way Jesus can be a Christian since the earlier prophets were not christians

So where did Christianity come from? From Paul and Emperor Constantine.
While Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it, Paul disagreed and declared that the era of law is over that they are now in the era of grace.
Emperor Constantine on his part inroduved a lot of pagan practices of the Ronan Empire into christianity. Sabbath was change from saturday yo Sunday to conform with Roman Paganism.

Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by AntiChristian: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
1Sharon:

I'm not a Christian but they do have a point in saying Jesus wasn't a Muslim.
As i said before you are simply a Christian apologist lying to him/herself.

If Jesus was a Muslim, why did do unislamic/haram things like turning water to wine??
Was wine forbidden for the Israelites? The Muslims drank wine too early during the Prophet's time before it was forbidden gradually and then totally!

Why did he follow Jewish traditions like keeping the passover?

How can they deny or confirm what never existed during their time??
Islam is a way of life whereby you follow Allah through his Prophet. Jesus was the Prophet of Allah during his time. All those who believed in him till they die will enter Paradise and are Muslims.

Same as Moses, Elias, John, David Noah, Jacob,......Muhammad!

Doesn't Judaism predate Islam?
Show me the verse(s) where a religion was ever called Judaism?

How could they obey Muhammed when he never existed?
Muhammad was sent as the last messenger after Jesus! He is not mandated to be believed by the earlier generations but the later generations!

They are to obey Allah and the Prophet sent to them!

Can someone now be a Muslim without acknowledging Mohammed??
I think i have explained this well.
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by advocatejare(m): 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
MrCodeSolo:
too much education corrupts the mind
do you know what else does? Spiritual cognitive dissonance (SCD)
people can experience dissonance in their religious attitudes and experience.
For example, people of varying religiousness may differ in how they view
God doctrinally and experience God relationally (i.e., head–heart discrepancy),
especially when navigating existentially threatening situations.
Spiritual cognitive dissonance (SCD) is a condition wherein a person
holds conflicting thoughts about their spiritual beliefs and
their behavioral patterns

what is your religion conversion history like?
painting other religion black is a familiar symptom if you ask me
https://www.nairaland.com/5742659/how-quran-led-me-jesus
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by advocatejare(m): 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Show us this your yeye definition in the Quran

Was muhammad in existence when they lived?
Muhammad that was born about 600years after Jesus had resurrected is the same person you’re claiming the earlier prophet before Jesus didn’t deny!

How do you even reason?
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by AntiChristian: 4:24am On Nov 25, 2022
advocatejare:

Show us this your yeye definition in the Quran
After you show me Christianity being mentioned by Jesus in the Bible and not created after him.

Was muhammad in existence when they lived?
Muhammad that was born about 600years after Jesus had resurrected is the same person you’re claiming the earlier prophet before Jesus didn’t deny!

How do you even reason?

I don't think I need to keep explaining this again! You guys have ears that lack hearing and eyes lacking insight!
Re: The Main Reason Islam Claims That Jesus Was A Muslim by advocatejare(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2022
AntiChristian:
After you show me Christianity being mentioned by Jesus in the Bible and not created after him.

I don't think I need to keep explaining this again! You guys have ears that lack hearing and eyes lacking insight!
Only empty barrels like you always go into insulting words when you don’t have reasonable defence

(1) (2) (Reply)

The False Concept Of God! / Slavery And The Bible / The Apostolic Church Lawna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.