Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? (412 Views)

Which Northern States Do You Think Peter Obi Can Win? / What Third-Party Candidate Peter Obi Would Mean For Nigeria - Yahoonews / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2022
Let's be clear, I do not want APC or PDP to win the presidential election because not only are they old, but because they have done enough damage to the country and so let's try someone else maybe Peter obi. But everything is pointing to the fact that Peter obi will lose. And I am surprised seeing people think he would win. Maybe they are seeing what I am not seeing, so I ask HONESTLY, why do you think Peter obi will win? What have you seen that is giving you confidence?

As for me this is what I have seen that makes me think Peter obi will lose

For example

Test of popularity: Unlike the two major candidates tinubu and atiku that tested their popularity in the primaries of their respective parties.......Peter obi was actually handed the LP presidential ticket on a platter of gold. They asked the person that was there to step down for him. He should have at least stood toe to toe with the guy there before let's even see how popular he is. None of that was done.

Ekiti election: I expected the fact that because LP was popular on social media because of Peter obi, at least even though the party doesn't win, it should do very well maybe second or even third. We all saw what happened. Many obidients gave excuses that it was because Peter obi didn't campaign with the governorship candidate in ekiti state hence his woeful performance at the polls.

Osun state election: Now Peter obi campaigned for the governorship candidate in this state. People trooped out in theid thousands for the campaign, the pictures and videos were everywhere and I expected even though LP doesn't win, at least the Peter obi influence should help the candidate get so much votes but it was disaster. Infact they got just 2000 votes worse than ekiti where people said its because Peter obi was not there.

Many Ipob are not supporting him: I have watched the live videos of Simon ekpa and Co that are all about Ipob and when I see how they insult Peter obi I just shake my head. Remember these Ipob guys have power of some sort. They can declare sit at home and people will listen. The states they control are Peter obi strong hold so if these are happening in where Peter obi should win how will he now win the general election

Lastly let me add this one

Hatred, tribalism, religion: Nigeria is a country where hatred and tribalism for igbos comes first for the two dominant tribes then religion. These three things are so strong and has held us back for years. So it's surprising to see young people ignoring this or should I say trivializing it. These three things single handedly won buhari the election in 2015 and got him reelected in 2019 even when he was taken our country so low. Do not underate these three they are so strong!

So i am asking again.....what have you seen that made you confident that Peter obi would win.

This is an honest question and I want to hear what obidients have to say. Maybe there is something you guys are seeing I am not seeing. I am willing to see what you guys are seeing. Or is it just noise and follow follow?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2022
Tinubu and Atiku supporters should take their stupidity elsewhere angry

I want to hear from obidients.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by Naira20: 11:04am On Nov 15, 2022
Lol
I actually stopped reading when I got to "everything points to Peter Obi would lose"
I wanted to ask before, whether you are Nigerian or from Cape Verde but that's not necessary.

Personally, I don't have anything against old people ruling. My issue is their integrity.

An old man that is 87(claiming 70) and still lies is dangerous. His experience as an elder would have been helpful but how can we trust him?

Let's not go into other shady things he(Tinubu) is hiding.

Everyone has a past, agreed.But you shouldn't expect us to forgive you when you haven't own up to your sins.
Tinubu is too arrogant to admit his errors and that's a dangerous signal.

Tinubu is divisive.Afenifere and Nigerians can attest to that.
There's a lot about Tinubu that disqualifies him as a good leader.

Atiku goes about in borrowed robes."Unifier" who in 2015 championed "power must return to the north" and told northerners "only a NORTHERNER who has built bridges across Nigeria" can benefit the north.
Atiku's insincerity and corrupt tendencies is best imagined than described.

Now Why Peter Obi for me?

Peter Obi is humble and he sees leadership as a privilege.

Humility is one key attribute of a good leader.
It takes humility to learn. It takes humility to serve. It takes humility to admit your errors and be willing to make amends.

Any proud or arrogant leader is a disaster waiting to happen
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by XerXers: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2022
Must everybody win? Why do weak minded people think they must join fo.olish bandwagon just to be on the winning side?
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by TinubuDeDrugLor: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2022
LesbianBoy:
Tinubu and Atiku supporters should take their stupidity elsewhere angry

I want to hear from obidients.

From your previous posts, its obvious you hate Peter Obi. You're one of the problems of Nigeria.

No Obidient should answer this guy.

He's trying to get details to supply to his APC masters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by Ebi2233: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2022
Emotions don't win elections.
This election is between PDP and APC.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:

From your previous posts, its obvious you hate Peter Obi. You're one of the problems of Nigeria.

People like you are just confirming what soludo said. If you can't answer gedifok.

Since you have time why don't you check my post on thread containing T.HIEFnubu and Atiku. Abi you just want to type.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by Naira20: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2022
Pal..relax.

Whether he hates PO or not. Peter Obi would win.

Our anger or hate for sunlight won't stop it from rising tomorrow morning.

TinubuDeDrugLor:

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by Naira20: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2022
What's it about Soludo?
Soludo as far as OBIdients are concerned is a non-issue.

OBIdients have placed him where belongs.He is a distraction.
LesbianBoy:

People like you are just confirming what soludo said. If you can't answer gedifok.

Since you have time why don't you check my post on thread containing T.HIEFnubu and Atiku. Abi you just want to type.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: Why Do You Think Peter Obi Would Win? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2022
Naira20:
Lol
I actually stopped reading when I got to "everything points to Peter Obi would lose"
I wanted to ask before, whether you are Nigerian or from Cape Verde but that's not necessary.

Personally, I don't have anything against old people ruling. My issue is their integrity.

An old man that is 87(claiming 70) and still lies is dangerous. His experience as an elder would have been helpful but how can we trust him?

Let's not go into other shady things he(Tinubu) is hiding.

Everyone has a past, agreed.But you shouldn't expect us to forgive you when you haven't own up to your sins.
Tinubu is too arrogant to admit his errors and that's a dangerous signal.

Tinubu is divisive.Afenifere and Nigerians can attest to that.
There's a lot about Tinubu that disqualifies him as a good leader.

Atiku goes about in borrowed robes."Unifier" who in 2015 championed "power must return to the north" and told northerners "only a NORTHERNER who has built bridges across Nigeria" can benefit the north.
Atiku's insincerity and corrupt tendencies is best imagined than described.

Now Why Peter Obi for me?

Peter Obi is humble and he sees leadership as a privilege.

Humility is one key attribute of a good leader.
It takes humility to learn. It takes humility to serve. It takes humility to admit your errors and be willing to make amends.

Any proud or arrogant leader is a disaster waiting to happen

Thank you for replying. But I think you shouldn't have stopped reading. Read everything i wrote WITH AN OPEN MIND especially the last point and you will get where I am coming from.

Omo, I want Peter obi to win (every right thinking person should) but you see that my last point I wrote up there.....that shit has held us back for so long and from what I am seeing it is going to hold us back again

(1) (Reply)

Riade To Vote Atiku Abubakar / Tinubu’s Criminality Is Being Studied In Overseas Universities (Video) / Babachir Lawal Endorses Peter Obi, Says All Other Ways Lead To Perdition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.