Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. (28769 Views)

My Journey This Morning To A Bush Market. / My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. / Business To Start With N500,000 In A Rural Area In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
Charisma01:

Hmn ahnie come to my side for Abuja, na 6 pieces of plantain for N1,000.
For Gwarinpa abii?
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by lukency(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hmm! North na paradise ooo!
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
ahnie:

Osha're me **witch**abii?
Same me**a lady**a girl**
Same me**stubborn goat**

No wahala.
The strong witch part made me to laugh out loud grin grin

I don't mean it that way... we na cousins
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Amya(f): 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
DaddyCK:

which market?....is that a market or a Desert?....u live in a desert? (no oofeinse) angry

Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2022
Amya:

Huh? 190?.....are u kidding me? angry
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Charisma01: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
ahnie:

For Gwarinpa abii?

For where! In Karu before maraba.
You can imagine how much it will be in Gwarinpa.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by UNDFTD: 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, what does high rate of dolla have to do with things you got, mean most are planted/produced in nigeria

So, you do NOT know how $$ exchange affects the price of commodities albeit locally produced? For a start, the farmer buys a shirt or pair of shoes, which is most likely imported...hence there was foreign exchange involved. The higher the exchange rate against the useless Naira, the higher the (importer) has to spend in importing the shirt and shoes, and the more expensive the goods would cost consumers. Now, if the farmer has to pay more for a shirt that was cheaper before, don't you think he/she is going to raise the price of his farm products?
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by TheMostComplex1: 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
Welldone but why did you buy yams with holes, it will decay fast from there. How about Ogaga?
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Raspberri: 8:27am On Nov 16, 2022
ahnie:
I also got 2 bunch of unripe plantain for #1500 honestly I prolly think it's overtly costly for that price...forget the layman saying that...this is plantain season,all na lies,plantain still dey very costly.

I just dey wait for the plantain to ripe make I fry them cheesy :Db cheesy

2 bunch of plantain for 1500..that's very cheap o . meaning it's 750 each� abeg send some down to Lagos.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Eyanbahose: 9:25am On Nov 16, 2022
I just love rural settlements. Very peaceful and calm

How about getting an Oraimo fast charger to boost your phone charging.

Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by HeightsKE: 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2022
ahnie:
Today happens to be the local market day of a particular village in asaba delta state.(Nigeria)
The name of the village is ugbolu market,few kilometers from a small village called mile 5.

I hear say dollar don fall yakata,so I say make I go buy yam tubers, potatoes and plantain for house consumption.

My journey going was smooth,but coming back I had to hassle fare with the tricycle man,because he's not a man of his words.

Pics.
During my last visit,these places were previously ravaged by floods
Hi..I thought I saw a post of yours somewhere talking about table tennis investment.... wanted to learn more.
Do have a great day
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by kaaya149: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
Thanks for sharing this information, it is very useful.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Jaapu: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Please if you see any BAT, buy it let's cook this soup

Let's get rid of all the BATS so they don't get to ASO ROCk in 2023 grin

Cannibal man wey dey chop man body. Clifford Orji Nephew. You mumu no too much.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
HeightsKE:

Hi..I thought I saw a post of yours somewhere talking about table tennis investment.... wanted to learn more.
Do have a great day
My dear, nothing concern me with table tennis,never bn a fan and never will.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by MITCHELL96: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2022
Jaapu:

Cannibal man wey dey chop man body. Clifford Orji Nephew. You mumu no too much.

Pained MF grin grin
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by HeightsKE: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2022
ahnie:

My dear, nothing concern me with table tennis,never bn a fan and never will.

What!!!!
Someone must have tempered with and modified your post then.
Do take out some minutes and check your mentions,if you can or I will screenshot it out.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2022
HeightsKE:

What!!!!
Someone must have tempered with and modified your post then.
Do take out some minutes and check your mentions,if you can or I will screenshot it out.
I saw it.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
[quote author=FlippersCare123 post=118432950][/quote]
Are you sick or something?
Why did you modify my post and added that your nonsense tennis talks?
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by HeightsKE: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
ahnie:

I saw it.

Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
ATTENTION ALL,my attention was drawn to this.
I don't have any business with TENNIS INVESTMENT.MY POST WAS MODIFIED BY THIS SCAMMER.

Pls kindly take note before he defraud anybody.
My thread was solely about my going to a rural market to purchase tubers of yam.
Anybody telling you by editing my thread telling you to invest in anything is nothing but a scammer.you re on your own oh.

Cc:
Tabbaz
Lalasticlala
Dominique
nlfpmod
Seun

SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED.

Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by FlippersCare123(m): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2022
ahnie:

Are you sick or something?
Why did you modify my post and added that your nonsense tennis talks?
boss you don't have to insult me ,you are suppose to be even happy that someone copy your writeup,
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by descarado: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2022
sisisioge:
Village markets tend to be expensive to outsiders. They deliberately hike their prices once they see non locals come. Learnt that back in the days in Lokoja. I used to spend days in their city but would go to their village once I'm about to leave to buy bargains....they weren't much of bargains.

I learnt that trick in Abuja. On madala market day, ladies will pack their cars, tie headtie, put clothes they use to do clean up at home with silipas and off they go. Met my nebor one day and couldn't recognise her among the ladies. Na so I joined later.
If I want to go to nasarawa fruit Market, the same way. You will think I'm buying to sell cheesy

My friends often ask how I dey take snif out those markets grin

Here, I still dey snif them out. I have a very good friend I buy from. For those thing I want in bigger quantities, will tell her to get from the bulk sellers for me. Can't be importing things I can easily get here cheaper from naija.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by sisisioge: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2022
descarado:

I learnt that trick in Abuja. On madala market day, ladies will pack their cars, tie headtie, put clothes they use to do clean up at home with silipas and off they go. Met my nebor one day and couldn't recognise her among the ladies. Na so I joined later.
If I want to go to nasarawa fruit Market, the same way. You will think I'm buying to sell cheesy

Here, I still dey snif them out. I have a very good friend I buy from. For those thing I want in bigger quantities, will tell her to get from the bulk sellers for me. Can't be importing things I can easily get here cheaper from naija.

This one is salvage fa....the struggle is real. Those market people showed me shege then. I would buy for close to Lagos market rate and still pay huge sum to transport them, thus ending more expensive. If only I learnt the blended look too grin grin
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by descarado: 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2022
sisisioge:

This one is salvage fa....the struggle is real. Those market people showed me shege then. I would buy for close to Lagos market rate and still pay huge sum to transport them, thus ending more expensive. If only I learnt the blended look too grin grin
You missed a lot. Please start now. Go local. It's even fun.
In Nigeria,the first thing to learn about going to buy things in the market is blended look. Its the most effective.
I sold jewellery while in the uni and I buy from notable mallam in sabon gari. I'm a Jean trouser person but anytime I want to go to kano, I will dress up like Muslim woman with no hijab. That way I was able to infiltrate those mallams and they thought me the trade first hand. If I am in mainland market in lagos, I dey look like agbero. And when I want to haggle price, after looking at my face, you will reluctantly agree grin
I will tell you I no go primary school sef cheesy
Nigeria is not a place to show oneself in some situations especially when spending money.
It was fun while it lasted and I do miss those days.
Dressing for the right moment is must.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by Jaapu: 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Pained MF grin grin

You mumu no too much.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by sisisioge: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2022
descarado:

You missed a lot. Please start now. Go local. It's even fun.
In Nigeria,the first thing to learn about going to buy things in the market is blended look. Its the most effective.
I sold jewellery while in the uni and I buy from notable mallam in sabon gari. I'm a Jean trouser person but anytime I want to go to kano, I will dress up like Muslim woman with no hijab. That way I was able to infiltrate those mallams and they thought me the trade first hand. If I am in mainland market in lagos, I dey look like agbero. And when I want to haggle price, after looking at my face, you will reluctantly agree grin
I will tell you I no go primary school sef cheesy
Nigeria is not a place to show oneself in some situations especially when spending money.
It was fun while it lasted and I do miss those days.
Dressing for the right moment is must.

Surely will try this some day. I used to live in Sabon Gari, Kano. How time flies grin
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by MITCHELL96: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
Jaapu:

You mumu no too much.

Pained grin
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
sisisioge:

Surely will try this some day. I used to live in Sabon Gari, Kano. How time flies grin
Da Gaskiya hajiya.i know sabongari like the back of my palm.

I used to stay at lamido crescent by badarriyya stores(G.R.A for my small mind)
Whilst my fam resides in sabon gari yoruba road by ibadan road

My brief soccer training ground was at adobayaro square,new road by court road.
I missed Kano Sha.
Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2022
descarado:

Madalla market in Lagos footwear(fanciful slippers are cheaper then when one buys in bulk....bn to that market twice all the way from Kano state.
Person don really hustle sha

May God bless deji,he was my your guard,his family took good care of me.

Re: My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. by ahnie: 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
descarado:

Bn to that madalla market twice all the way from Kano state to buy footwear.
Na that time I know say no body send you for lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FX Crisis: Naira Depreciates By N130 Against Dollar In 24 Hours / Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 / What Would Be Your Business Plan If You Had The Necessary Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.