Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check (45800 Views)

Peter Obi Invited Wike To Commission Projects while He Was Governor / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / The Letter Peter Obi Wrote To A Senior Prefect While He Was Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:26am On Nov 16, 2022
Aufbauh:
Do we really need fact check on Soludo's statement?
Who else should know more about Obi's performance and records in office than his brother/successor,an erudite professor of economics with higher intellect & capacity.

Even Obi himself can't disprove the fact of the matter as he was made to be humbled by Soludo's statement of fact.

I reteirate that Obi is a packaged scam and sham that shouldn't be given an opportunity to govern a complex country like nigeria with hydra-headed challenges in our desperate quest for a 'New Nigeria'.
Nigeria is beyond Obi's capacity, competence and scope in all ramifications.
Everybody can be fact checked. I was more curious about it when I saw the tweet By Nicholas Ibekwe saying he is having difficulty fact checking it.

5 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by kcnwaigbo: 6:27am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

I don't hate people, I really don't care about Peter Obi.

I simply fact checked something Soludo.

Now if you want to counter what I wrote and prove me wrong do so.

Solido said according to the NBS…….
I checked the NBS and found it true…

If another agency said something else, it is their problem and not mine.

grin grin

Fact checker I hailooo

So 68% in 2010 to 53% in 2011 is that an increase or a reduction?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:27am On Nov 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
This one is not hiding his bigotry anymore..

Waking up in the morning the ist thing he did is opening a thread against Peter Obi by 5am, whereas his candidate Tinubu has a lot of incredible dirty loads on his neck, of course this thread is heading to fp..

I thought the owner of this forum told us those days that mods are not biased..

Very unfortunate!!..

BUT ONE THING I AM ASSURING YOU IS THAT TINUBU CAN NEVER RULE THIS COUNTRY WITH THIS CURRENT SETTINGS, KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE

I can confidently tell you you do not know the meaning of bigotry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by LegendHero(m): 6:27am On Nov 16, 2022
post=118428997:

Under Peter Obi's administration poverty lowest-NPEP, Anambra was leading state in education, health according to United Nations-MDGs report that ended in 2014

Nonsense NAPEP.

We are talking about NBS figure this one is talking about NAPEP.

Did Soludo mentioned NAPEP?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by sonofthunder: 6:27am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:
Former Central Bank Of Nigeria and Present Governor of Anambra State, Professor Charles Soludo in an article titled "History beckons and I will not be silent " wrote about the poverty level of Anambra state from 2006 to 2010 while the present Presidential Candidate of the Labor Party, Peter Obi was in his first term as governor of Anambra state.

In an article which many described as either very needless as they claimed Charles Soludo is merely bitter and angry, others praised it as they said it brought into public light numerous false misconceptions by Peter Obi's supporters.

Either way, his comment on the statistics of the poverty level in Anambra, got tongues wagging and fingers typing (mine included) and a lot of people have said the former CBN governor simply lied (but did he?)

Claim: Charles Soludo wrote that "…poverty in Anambra actually grew (from less than 25% in 2005) to about 53% under Peter Obi in 2010/2011 but fell under Willie Obiano to 14.78% in 2020. Yes, poverty more than doubled under Peter Obi and more than 50% of Ndi Anambra were in poverty under him. Go and verify"

This isn't all as he had wrote something similar in 2015 in an article titled "Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election" where he wrote that "According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!)."

These two quotes seem similar but can also be be different as the numbers dont match but if we look closely, in the 2022 letter, he mentioned 2010/2011 which was mostly measured in 2011 and in the 2015 letter, he was specific about the year 2010.

Verification: According to a press briefing By then Statistician General of the federation and lead of the National Bureau of Statistics, Yemi Kale in a press briefing titled "Press Briefing By The Statistician-General Of The Federation/Chief Executive
Officer, National Bureau Of Statictics Dr. Yemi Kale" delivered in February 2012.

Now since the NBS does not release poverty levels per years, we can only judge with the 2010 report

It is seen that the poverty level of Anambra state as at 2010 was at 68% (see image below) which matches the value quoted by Professor Charles Soludo in his 2015 article.

Verdict: The statement by the Anambra state governor, Professor Soludo claiming that the poverty level in Anambra while Peter Obi was governor rose to 68% in 2010 and 53% in 2010/2011 can be said to be true and not an exaggeration.

FP

1 Like

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by tuborme: 6:28am On Nov 16, 2022
Nonsense! Soludo speaks from both sides of the mouth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:30am On Nov 16, 2022
kcnwaigbo:

grin grin

Fact checker I hailooo

So 68% in 2010 to 53% in 2011 is that an increase or a reduction?
I recommend this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by kcnwaigbo: 6:30am On Nov 16, 2022
LegendHero:

Nonsense NAPEP.

NAPEP is nonsense? Who should have more information on poverty in Nigeria more than NAPEP? Are you fucking kidding me?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by kcnwaigbo: 6:31am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

I recommend this
You did not answer my question

You said Obi increased poverty level in Anambra from 68% in 2010 to 53% in 2011.Is that supposed to be an increase or a reduction?
Besides since you could not access the poverty level prior to 2010 how exactly did you know that it increased in 2010? What percentage was it prior to 2010?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:33am On Nov 16, 2022
kcnwaigbo:

NAPEP is nonsense? Who should have more information on poverty in Nigeria more than NAPEP? Are you fucking kidding me?
That is your opinion.

Soludo quoted NBS, I checked from NBS and found it to be true.

Note that NBS is in charge of all Statistics in the country hence they are more credible.

5 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2022
kcnwaigbo:

You did not answer my question

You said Obi increased poverty level in Anambra from 68% in 2010 to 53% in 2011.Is that supposed to be an increase or a reduction?
If poverty was less than 15% in 2006 and rose to 68% then 53% in 2011.

Is that an increase or reduction?

Again, mastering english

8 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by kcnwaigbo: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

That is your opinion.

Secure quoted NBS, I checked from NBS and found it to be true.

Note that NBS is in charge of all Statistics in the country hence they are more credible.

Nope NAPEP is the federal government agency in charge of poverty eradication in Nigeria.It is
100% committed to poverty eradication and should have the authentic poverty rate data than any other federal establishment

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2022
LegendHero:

Nonsense NAPEP.

National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) is a 2001 program by the Nigerian government addressing poverty in Nigeria and related issues. Otondo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by kcnwaigbo: 6:36am On Nov 16, 2022
BTW anyone who believes poverty level was higher in 2010 compared to 2020 must be very high on kunu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by madapcmod: 6:37am On Nov 16, 2022
Mod wey no know say his name na moderator.

How a partisan mod wan take be fair to all parties?

Obi was Governor from 2006 to 2014.

The data you bandied shows a decline under his tenure, despite you are clever by half by not showing the figure after his tenure to prove you fact check wrong.

This is example of oluwole Fact check

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:38am On Nov 16, 2022
post=118429157:

National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) is a 2001 program by the Nigerian government addressing poverty in Nigeria and related issues. Otondo
Wikipedia reader. Well done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 6:42am On Nov 16, 2022
madapcmod:
Mod wey no know say his name na moderator.

How a partisan mod wan take be fair to all parties?

Obi was Governor from 2006 to 2014.

The data you bandied shows a decline under his tenure, despite you are clever by half by not showing the figure after his tenure to prove you fact check wrong.

This is example of oluwole Bleep check
You can only fact check what was said.

Soludo said the poverty figure in 2010 was 68% it is true.

What it was in 2014 is out of the scope of this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Akurakambe(m): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Everybody can be fact checked. I was more curious about it when I saw the tweet By Nicholas Ibekwe saying he is having difficulty fact checking it.

You're not making any sense.
Why will you use 2010 statistics when Peter Obi tenure ended in 2013? They're World Bank statistics that proved you and Soludo wrong.
BTW, when will you fackcheck Tinubu drug case, forgery case,age, origin and work history?
You guys are so bias in this forum.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 16, 2022
Nazgul:
At least in 2010-2011 things were affordable in Nigeria. This is 2022, Buhari has made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world, why isn't anyone talking about that. What's with the constant attack on Peter Obi?

Under Buhari thousands have lost their jobs, and more are still loosing.

Under Buhari Bandits and Boko Haram kills Nigerians like chickens on a daily basis.

Under Buhari inflation has exceeded 200%

Under Buhari corruption has become the order of the day.

Under Buhari accountability has become a Greek word.

So what's with the obession with Peter Obi?
things weren't more 'affordable' in 2010 than now. the problem with you people is that you don't know how inflation and currency adjustment works. do you think rice was more affordable in the past than now?
children used to celebrate when their mum is cooking rice. Nigerian currency have been readjusted by Nigerians and they have eliminated 5Naira and 10 Naira. Buhari can reciprocate the trick by removing 1 zero from our currency and then a bag of rice will now be 4,500 Naira but he will not do it because he doesn't care about propaganda

1 Like

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by madapcmod: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

You can only fact check what was said.

Celeste said the poverty figure in 2010 was 68% it is true.

What it was in 2014 is out of the scope of this.

This is from you:
Peter Obi was governor rose to 68% in 2010 and 53% in 2010/2011 can be said to be true and not an exaggeration

Even though you showed a decline from 68% in 2010 to 53% on 2011 (prove that the Governor was reducing and not increasing poverty level)

You chose to jump into 2010 and pick what suits you, without reference to the figure when he entered Governance and when he left. Rose to 68% in 2010 from what value to 68%?

You can only judge Obi by what happened between the time he was elected and when he left.

The reference to numbering is zero

We in Anambra know Obi inherited a bastardised state from Mbadinuju. So before any comparison, show the figure when he took over and when he left. QED

The figure you quoted proved a decline already under Obi

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Osamabinladenik: 6:58am On Nov 16, 2022
You cannot use 2010 data to make the verdict, we have to see when he left office.

This in insincere. From a nairaland mod fa.

No wonder we see antipeter post everywhere on fp

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by CaptainAyub: 7:03am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Why don't you also publish the statistics from other agencies in the spirit of fairness,especially as you're a moderator?
Na Seun wey allow una de destroy him site I de laugh.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by GoooodHardDick: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Oga, we understand you're a Yoruba and you're entitled to your opinion but why so much hate on Peter Obi?

How many times have you done fact check about Tinubu's drug dealing? Or haven't you heard About his drug case?

How many times did you fact check how he embarrassed and disgraced himself yesterday in Jos, isn't it so obvious that the man is not well and needs to step down now for PO?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
You cannot use 2010 data to make the verdict, we have to see when he left office.

This in insincere. From a nairaland mod fa.

No wonder we see antipeter post everywhere on fp
You use what was claimed to make the verdict.

If you want to do one on 2014, please enjoy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Aufbauh(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Sure! I'm not disputing your quest to fact check on Soludo's statement.
I'm simply saying that it's an obvious fact to accept without research cos of the reliability of the source.

4 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by GoooodHardDick: 7:08am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

You use what was claimed to make the verdict.

If you want to do one on 2014, please enjoy

Mr Man you're a mod and you're expected to be neutral in matters like this, knowing fully well that there are so many tribes in this forum.

Why always defending Yoruba and Tinubu the drug lord? Now I see why so many people hate you with passion on this forum! You're really tribalistic.

It'll interest you to know that president peter Obi is your next president come 2023! You better start getting used to him now!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Mr Man you're a mod and you're expected to be neutral in matters like this, knowing fully well that there are so many tribes in this forum.

Why always defending Yoruba and Tinubu the drug lord? Now I see why so many people hate you with passion on this forum! You're really tribalistic.

It'll interest you to know that president peter Obi is your next president come 2023! You better start getting used to him now!
Your problem is that you want to see things in black and white.

I fact checked Soludo. If he was wrong, I would have posted it too will that mean I support Peter Obi?

2 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

You are the one making this about tribe not me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by GoooodHardDick: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Your problem is that you want to see things in black and white.

I fact checked Soludo. If he was wrong, I would have posted it too will that mean I support Peter Obi?

How many times have you done fact check about Tinubu's drug dealing? Or haven't you heard About his drug case?

How many times did you fact check how he embarrassed and disgraced himself yesterday in Jos, isn't it so obvious that the man is not well and needs to step down now for PO?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by fuckboys: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:
Former Central Bank Of Nigeria and Present Governor of Anambra State, Professor Charles Soludo in an article titled "History beckons and I will not be silent " wrote about the poverty level of Anambra state from 2006 to 2010 while the present Presidential Candidate of the Labor Party, Peter Obi was in his first term as governor of Anambra state.

Also notable is that when Peter Obi responded to Professor Soludo in 2015, he did not refute the poverty percentage.

A moderator of the most popular forum in Africa? grin

Post the poverty percentage before he took office from mbadinuju and the percentage After he handed over to obiano and I'll take you seriously. Not going to 2010 to pick up whatever suits your narrative.

Do you guys even think We'll Nigerians are stupid or something?

And you said peter obi did not refute the poverty percentage claim same way tinubu has not refuted his Chicago drug case.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Mynd44: 7:13am On Nov 16, 2022
Aufbauh:

Sure! I'm not disputing your quest to fact check on Soludo's statement.
I'm simply saying that it's an obvious fact to accept without research cos of the reliability of the source.

The NBS is not reliable?

You do know that almost every stat quoted by Peter Obi is from the NBS?

There is a literarily a video of him saying he gets his figures from there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Felabrity: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2022
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

This Yoro Muslim mod and Apc member is now trying to 'work hard' after Theifnibu disgraced himself in Jos yesterday.

This is a cover up to take away attention from sane minds who wants to question Theifnibu gaffes in Jos yesterday cheesy cheesy

He wakes up from the sleeplessness night he had because of the theifnibu disgrace yesterday claiming to be fact checking nonsense.

But this wouldn't take away our attention at all.

don't mind him, he don turn fact checker

I am still yet to see video of Jos people throwing stones at APC on frontpage

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far / The Crowd That Welcomed President Buhari In Adamawa Today (Photos) / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.