Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

"The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo (10531 Views)

Buhari, Good Governance Will Silence Social Media By Fredrick Nwabufo / Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / The Political Careers Obasanjo Ruined, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ebenhealth(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2022
Omonieme:
I don't understand why Obidients always think they're the only ones who care about Nigeria and every other person hates the country. If you're not supporting Obi, you're a hungry man who has been bought. If you're from another tribe and you're supporting Obi, you're a patriot. If you are supporting the candidate from your tribe, you're an ethnic jingoist. If you're from the SE and not supporting him, you're a saboteur. Might not know much about politics and what not but I'm super sure this is how it's played sha.
What I however know is how to offer you awesome auto deals at superb prices and heck! Make u no brag but I sabi that one well and right now, deals boku. Click on my profile and check em out
I was on Twitter the other day and cos I said I will vote for ABAT, I was villified and asked how much I was paid undecided I have never even met any APC foot soldier not to talk of being given any form of inducement.
I didn't even reply cos I am 100% certain Obi can't be among the first two most voted for in the upcoming election. So why engage with such?

2 Likes

Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Bigleaf1006: 8:04am On Nov 17, 2022
[quote author=Racoon post=118453587][/quote]

very much love your erudite post as it was well detailed and succintly put. You can be engaged in proper discussion as against the marauding politically naive lot running all over the internet.

I will like to have a point by point observation to your opinion.

1. The pummeling of the GEJ administration pre 2015 by the oppsition then was majorly on the perceived inefficiencies of the PDP led govt in the areas of economy,corruption and insecurity.most of the attacks were directly targeted at the govt with facts and indices to back up.most where not directly at gej as a person nor his family.
The major backers of GEJ then weren't even the SS but the SE with their penchant for wanting to shout everyone down and weren't ready to accept another opinion.....it was either their way or no other albeit they tenaciously defended him and saw absolutely no wrong in the then PDP govt. This was one of the greatest undoing of his supporters then and its same mistake same people supporting obi are making......an average APC supporter today would accept that the presentation APC govt has been quite abysmal but are ready to try again with another person which they have a right too just as obi supporters.....you need to tell me what your candidate can do better and let's compare and not you cursing and being aggressive about your view.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ebenhealth(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Guy you people hate Nigeria. Admit it, you fucking hate this country. How will you say you love Nigeria and you're looking to support a man like Tinubu? A man who, apart from the numerous cases on his neck, he's also too frail and old.
You people hate Nigeria, you only love your yoruba nation and you're looking to use Tinubu to advance the Yoruba cause, don't lie. Other tribes are watching and learning from you people and your bigotry is what will destroy Nigeria
He's too frail, he's too old, blah blah blah, so a dunce should be voted for at the expense of someone with brains. Smh
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by prophetfire: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2022
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ebenhealth(m): 8:10am On Nov 17, 2022
Nwaide01:
Nwoke m are you God? I and millions of other Nigerians who wish this country well would gleefully vote for PO. I also prayed that you will witness his emergency and also enjoy the Nigeria of our dreams which Obi's president will bring.
It's not about being God, you lots have never taken the time out to study the trends of what it takes to be the President of the Nation. If 70 percent of southern youth votes for Obi, he still won't become president. I believe at the end of the elections, you'll begin to take the north more seriously and understand that to rule a country like Nigeria, a democratic nation where sensation and emotion doesn't win you anything, only numbers count.

1 Like

Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Bigleaf1006: 8:10am On Nov 17, 2022

-2).Where also were you Fedrick Nwabufo when Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi and other party stalwarts openly threatened that APC will form a "paralleled government" in the pre-2015 era of politicking and they have not apologised for such a treasonable statement nor Amaechi punished for it.

This was merely what it was-threath and nothing more,tell me where any APC supporter then and now supported this mere opinion of his.....obviously supporters of obi on the other hand takes all what he says as the holy grail that must not be countered in anyway or form, is this your idea of a proper democracy?
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ebenhealth(m): 8:14am On Nov 17, 2022
Bigleaf1006:

very much love your erudite post as it was well detailed and succintly put. You can be engaged in proper discussion as against the marauding politically naive lot running all over the internet.

1. The pummeling of the GEJ administration pre 2015 by the oppsition then was majorly on the perceived inefficiencies of the PDP led govt in the areas of economy,corruption and insecurity.most of the attacks were directly targeted at the govt with facts and indices to back up.most where not directly at gej as a person nor his family.
The major backers of GEJ then weren't even the SS but the SE with their penchant for wanting to shout everyone down and weren't ready to accept another opinion.....it was either their way or no other albeit they tenaciously defended him and saw absolutely no wrong in the then PDP govt. This was one of the greatest undoing of his supporters then and its same mistake same people supporting obi are making......an average APC supporter today would accept that the presentation APC govt has been quite abysmal but are ready to try again with another person which they have a right too just as obi supporters.....you need to tell me what your candidate can do better and let's compare and not you cursing and being aggressive about your view.
People with brains dey nairaland at least, say no more please, by February ending, they will know attacking others for their political stance won't win them any added votes. It's a two-way horse race between Tinubu and Atiku, and may Obi maintain his course by reducing Atiku votes in the South.

1 Like

Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Bigleaf1006: 8:18am On Nov 17, 2022

Where again were you sir when the Oba of Lagos openly threatened Igbos that they will be drowned in the Lagos Lagoon if they failed to align themselves with the present disastrous APC regime both in Lagos and national.

This just like your 2nd point was an opinion by the Oba which I agree was distasteful and shouldn't have been espoused by such a person, but if you would agree with me too, it was a light hearted banter between the Oba and his Igbo guests who visited him....this was never promoted as a campaign point by the party or its supporters.

While their miscreants were disenfranchising Igbo in their dominant areas from exercising their constitutional and democratic rights? So where is the rights to freedom of expression, association and to vote your choice or to be voted for?

Tell me which other political party or its supporters have successfully held rallies in the south east aside the LP since this electioneering campaign started as against how LP has been successfully holding rallies outside of Peter obi's SE freely without being harassed.
Also how many people campaigning against atiku or tinubu in their respective regions have been harassed or attacked by their people as its been done to obi's perceived adversaries in the SE.....on this,your 4 fingers are pointing right back at you.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by longayink: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2022
ebenhealth:

He's too frail, he's too old, blah blah blah, so a dunce should be voted for at the expense of someone with brains. Smh

A brainy person does not avoid debates.
Tinubu avoids debates with fellow presidential candidates.
Tinubu's speech defect now is not hidden. He draws his speeches now due to afflictions of the brain that come with old age.
They have Shettima as president, Tinubu is being used as means to drive Shettima to be president.
I don't know who you referred to as dunce, obviously it can't be Peter Obi.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Okoroawusa: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2022
Racoon:
First of all, I am fully a Peter Obi enthusiast but I don't subscribed to jaundiced propagation of open malicious lies or use of coercive power to convince anyone who does not agree with my political views. However, the truth must never be disputed.

As a journalist with a reputable newsprint media of Premium Times calibre, absolute fairness & balancing is expected of Fredrick Nwabufo. However, he chooses to remain the efulefu that he has ever been. Others Igbos in this class include Joe Igbokwe, Chimaroke Nnamani, and recently Charles Soludo among many.

The good thing is that, the average Igbo man speaks his man with or with fear or favour hence when we reject evil or brace good, we do it with gusto and sense of sound judgement.

The mods as usual will swiftly moved this biased piece to the front page as Mynd44 selectively did on a thread yesterday, but the revolution is still loading.
Your second paragraph made nonsense your assertion in your first paragraph.

You ended becoming a replica of what Nwabufo was talking about ( I am assuming that you are Igbo).
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Okoroawusa: 8:30am On Nov 17, 2022
Mynd44:

By now you should have understood that emotional blackmail does not move me.
Hahahaha! Mynd44 you even get time to reply? You are nice o!

1 Like

Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Bigleaf1006: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2022

.-Was Mr Fedrick Nwabufo fully aware the Bola Ahmed Tinubu openly asked those demanding for better governance and change of government away from the present catastrophe the APC is to "shut up?"
Didnt Bola Tinubu APC asked for chain that gullible citizens take for change in 2015? Are we still practicing democracy let alone the participatory type?

Bola Tinubu also recently said "mentioning Funke Akindele's name in his presence is an insult" to the cheering and clapping of his supporters during a townhall meeting in Lagos.

This I must say is rather petty and pedestrian to have any bearing on the issue based campaign we should be having......sarcasm is allowed in politics
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Bigleaf1006: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2022

. Furthermore, this was the same Tinubu who openly sided the present oppressive government stance to allowed security agencies open fire on youth demanding for good governance and political reforms across this nation especially on 20-10-20 @ Lekki. Are you comfortable with that?

The truth is that, though it may be a sad development, the precedence for overt abuse and intolerance in Nigerian politics was initiated by the military but Bola Ahmed Tinubu's APC have reinforced it.The APC have no regard for due process, orderliness or the rule of law.

Can you please show proof that it was tinubu that gave order for the military to crush the endsars protest in Lagos and also be factual enough to avail us names and addresses of just 2 families that lost anybody at the lekki toll gate during the endsars protest.

A seasoned analyst and observer cannot depend on hearsay to propagate a story. Propaganda can be identified by any sane and intelligent person and should never be promoted....only fools or mischief makers promote what they have no proof over.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2022
No mind this man....he is looking to be appointed special assistant on media if tinubu wins....
The same thing femi adesina did in 2015 is what he is doing now so am not surprise...selfish journalist!
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ZombieSlayer1: 8:54am On Nov 17, 2022
ebenhealth:

Who is the dunce? Your candidate has been making blunders upon blunders but you don't see him as a dunce do you? or is it possible you're suffering from the same age-induced maladies as he is?
Maradona was a football legend in his prime, but will you field him today due to his age? Wole Soyinka was an intellectual genius in his prime, but will you shoulder his with the responsibilities of leading a heaving country like Nigeria?

You people should come open and tell yourselves the truth, the only reason you're supporting this man is because he's from your tribe and you're looking to use him to advance the cause of the yoruba race, nothing else. If Peter Obi was a Yoruba man contesting against Tinubu, you lots will support him and say he's the best thing after sliced bread. If Tinubu was contesting for president of the Yoruba tribe alone, you'll never vote him but you're looking to foist him on 200million long-suffering Nigerians.
E no go work for una. Our mumu don do. My happiness is that the rest of the tribes are quietly observing the kind of tribalistic politics you people are playing
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ZombieSlayer1: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2022
ebenhealth:

I was on Twitter the other day and cos I said I will vote for ABAT, I was villified and asked how much I was paid undecided I have never even met any APC foot soldier not to talk of being given any form of inducement.
I didn't even reply cos I am 100% certain Obi can't be among the first two most voted for in the upcoming election. So why engage with such?
You people are getting villified because, while you have the right to vote whoever you want to vote, your choices have impact on other people if your candidate unfortunately wins. People have suffered enough and you're looking to vote someone who other more sensible people know will be a calamity. If Nigeria was structured same way the United Kingdom is, into different countries, believe me no one will care if you guys vote a stone. It's now obvious to all the other tribes that the Yoruba tribe only seek to advance their own interests while other people can go to hell. We're just observing y'all and we'll pay you back in your own coin soon
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by lhordspy: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2022
Sweetplum:
I v always told Obidients that their abusive ways ll hurt Obi. They are justifying the treatment given to GEJ by APC in 2015. You don't pay evil with evil. In fact, Obidients and Peter Obi himself should work more on research about APC, Buhari's failures, Osinabajo's silence in the midst of a chaotic rule and not focus more on Tinubu cos he's a master strategist. Buhari is there to attack anyhow. Abi how can a party rule badly for 8 years and expect return to power.
Lastly, while APC is focusing on Obi, they should remember Atiku too. PDP pushed Nigerians to APC and Atiku is part of that PDP.
So APC and LP should be wise so that PDP won't sneak in from behind.
Among the 3 major candidates, Atiku is the biggest devil and most unintelligent.
But he doesn't talk much cos he knew he ll goof. So... Obi and Tinubu should stop these needless attacks.

Is this you clamouring for peace? Today will be such a great day grin .

Chief-Mrs Gbas-gbos of vawulence headquarter don turn Evangelist wey dey preach gospel of peace. embarassed
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Burruchaga71(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2022
So this animal is still alive
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by skj1377(m): 9:20am On Nov 17, 2022
Besides Peter obi was in PDP just last year and was also a member of Goodluck Jonathan maladministration for 6 years, besides he even contested as Atiku vice president in 2019. How all of a sudden Peter obi is the Messiah and the man to take Nigeria great again. Was Peter obi not also mentioned as having offshore account in the Pandora papers? I just think shallow minded misguided people are pushing this false narrative about Peter obi's solution. On the other hand Tinubu was never a member Of The stealing band wagon government of ex president Jonathan neither was he a minister or even contractor in this present administration why blame him for the failure.
Omonieme:
I don't understand why Obidients always think they're the only ones who care about Nigeria and every other person hates the country. If you're not supporting Obi, you're a hungry man who has been bought. If you're from another tribe and you're supporting Obi, you're a patriot. If you are supporting the candidate from your tribe, you're an ethnic jingoist. If you're from the SE and not supporting him, you're a saboteur. Might not know much about politics and what not but I'm super sure this is how it's played sha.
What I however know is how to offer you awesome auto deals at superb prices and heck! Make u no brag but I sabi that one well and right now, deals boku. Click on my profile and check em out
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by NigerianAngelo(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2022
You are very dull.

Years of being on yoruba payroll has made you lose sense.

Maybe you should start your company, and see better.

I think so.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ogatboy(m): 9:33am On Nov 17, 2022
People come online to write non sense. What is lynch mob? As anyone been lynched? Besides election, twitter is known to be hostile and that is what makes it fun. If you cannot handle it, then mind your business. Besides politics, Twitter is a war ground.

People cannot sell their bad product and now come to cry foul. In 2015 when there was propaganda everywhere, there was no lynching mob. Non sense.

If you cannot handle it, get off twitter but it aint stopping all ye cowards.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by lexylaw40: 9:41am On Nov 17, 2022
They simply Zombies

Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by hamzeiy: 9:57am On Nov 17, 2022
You will never learn....and they will say peter obi is a Nigerian project not and Igbo project..lol
Who is deceiving who..you can't tolerate small criticism and you expect to Winn elections..let's see if your six states will give him the presidency. Smh.
This was the similar way your criminal military officers killed the northern elites in the 60s and claimed it was a Nigerian coup and not an Igbo coup.
But Nigerians are wiser.
Gra gra no go give you presidency. It's not by Nzobu Nzobu..as soludo said...he has said nothing but the truth.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by hamzeiy: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2022

You will never learn....and they will say peter obi is a Nigerian project not and Igbo project..lol
Who is deceiving who..you can't tolerate small criticism and you expect to Winn elections..let's see if your six states will give him the presidency. Smh.
This was the similar way your criminal military officers killed the northern elites in the 60s and claimed it was a Nigerian coup and not an Igbo coup.
But Nigerians are wiser.
Gra gra no go give you presidency. It's not by Nzobu Nzobu..as soludo said...he has said nothing but the truth.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ChukwuObe: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2022
greenermodels:
With Tinubu's deep pockets, it can only be expected that hired hands like Nwabufo would sing for him if paid, the question that all of us should ask ourselves is 'Who among the three main candidates can you employ to manage your business?' We should not repeat the Buhari mistake?

As for mean, I will never employ a 3rd class philosophy graduate to manage even my home not to talk of my business. Dangote is not even looking for second lower graduate anymore, so why should I employ a dullard?
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by ChukwuObe: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

You people are getting villified because, while you have the right to vote whoever you want to vote, your choices have impact on other people if your candidate unfortunately wins. People have suffered enough and you're looking to vote someone who other more sensible people know will be a calamity. If Nigeria was structured same way the United Kingdom is, into different countries, believe me no one will care if you guys vote a stone. It's now obvious to all the other tribes that the Yoruba tribe only seek to advance their own interests while other people can go to hell. We're just observing y'all and we'll pay you back in your own coin soon

And who told you that you are the most intelligent to tell others who to vote for and who is the best for them? Not even a man who glorified poverty in his state from 23% to 54%. Only fools reason that way. A man that could not live even in the state he built as mini Dubai. Why should I vote for a dullard with 3rd class in school. Haba, are you guys jazzed?
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Vintage100(m): 10:17am On Nov 17, 2022
Bigleaf1006:

You nailed it. I don't know when someone says he will cast his or her vote for Atiku or Tinubu and you tag him or her an enemy of Nigeria. If I may ask, do obedients expect a card-carrying members of PDP or APC to cast their votes for Labour Party?? Anyone with dissent opinion is seen as a sabotuer
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by Vintage100(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2022
ebenhealth:

It's not about being God, you lots have never taken the time out to study the trends of what it takes to be the President of the Nation. If 70 percent of southern youth votes for Obi, he still won't become president. I believe at the end of the elections, you'll begin to take the north more seriously and understand that to rule a country like Nigeria, a democratic nation where sensation and emotion doesn't win you anything, only numbers count.

Your post is sensible. Even if 95% of southern youths (which isn't possible) cast their votes for Obi, he won't still win. This is why Tinubu is focusing on the North to reduce Atiku's influence drastically cos he knows he will win southwest while he knows that south south and south east is a no-go area for him.
Re: "The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority" By Fredrick Nwabufo by millionaireman: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2022
Bigleaf1006:

The major backers of GEJ then weren't even the SS but the SE with their penchant for wanting to shout everyone down and weren't ready to accept another opinion.....it was either their way or no other albeit they tenaciously defended him and saw absolutely no wrong in the then PDP govt. This was one of the greatest undoing of his supporters then and its same mistake same people supporting obi are making...... [b]an average APC supporter today would accept that the presentation APC govt has been quite abysmal but are ready to try again with another person which they have a right too just as obi supporters.....[/b]you need to tell me what your candidate can do better and let's compare and not you cursing and being aggressive about your view.

You want another TRIAL of APC, after 8 donkey years during which APC made Nigerians poorer, hungry and most terrorised in the world? Why must we go for another trial with APC since there are more credible presidential candidates in other parties? Na trial we go chop?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Accuses Oyetola’s Team Of Looting Government Property / Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun / Bakassi Has Never Been Part Of Nigeria – Robert Clarke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.