Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo (1136 Views)

Why Do Igbos Love PDP So Much? / Igbos Love Yorubas but Tinubu is A Choice That Will Destroy Us All. Think Twice / The Jewnited Kingdom That Igbos Love To Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2022
Contrary to what many tinubu supporters wants us to believe, (igbos hate Yoruba's) I found out that many people of igbo extraction would actually prefer osibanjo to obi, I had few interviews both on and offline, but APC preferred a sick and dying old man, to a healthy technocrate, a law proffesor at that. Secondly everybody in APC is mad for preferring tinubu to Adesina of the African development bank
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by mrvitalis(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:
Contrary to what many tinubu supporters wants us to believe, (igbos hate Yoruba's) I found out that many people of igbo extraction would actually prefer osibanjo to obi, I had few interviews both on and offline, but APC preferred a sick and dying old man, to a healthy technocrate, a law proffesor at that. Secondly everybody in APC is mad for preferring tinubu to Adesina of the African development bank

Yes osibanjo would have gotten 30% in every south e state had he been contesting against obi ... against Atiku he would win 2 states minimum and get 45% minimum in the other three

Did Igbos not vote abiola even when tofa had an Igbo vice even with all abiola anti Igbo statements ...he won Anambra got 40 to 45 percent in the other states

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 7:22am On Nov 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

Yes osibanjo would have gotten 30% in every south e state had he been contesting against obi ... against Atiku he would win 2 states minimum and get 45% minimum in the other three

Did Igbos not vote abiola even when tofa had an Igbo vice even with all abiola anti Igbo statements ...he won Anambra got 40 to 45 percent in the other states
urchins turned this electioneering campaign to a tribal war, that's what prompted my enquiries

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by TheSameGuy(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2022
Imagine this children raised and fed with HATE blatant lies angry

When they were all contesting for APC ticket, you all are supporting Amaechi against this same Oshinbajo.

Now he didn't get the ticket, you're using reverse psychology.

Had he gotten it, his character assassination by you all would have been much more than Tinubu's.

You've called him mere commissioner, errand boy, condolence Minister, fake Pastor and all sort of derogatory names.

I hope Yorubas understand this people's gimmicks

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by phorget(m): 7:32am On Nov 17, 2022
The igbos would prefer a performer to someone who is entitlement opinionated and the igbos love for Osinbajo is to show the world that igbos have never for once hated on the yorubas contrary to what urchins are making it look like.
Obi wouldn't stand any chance had it been Osinbajo was on that ballot paper.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2022
TheSameGuy:

When they were all contesting for APC ticket, you all are supporting Amaechi against this same Oshinbajo.

Had he gotten it, his character assassination by you all would have been much more than Tinubu's.

You've called him mere commissioner, errand boy, condolence Minister, fake Pastor and all sort of derogatory names.

osibanjo has real supporters here, not in the majority, but he has supporters, but for tinubu, he has nothing here, osibanjo s presidency would be a million times better than tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2022
Igbos don't hate Yoruba, it is only urchins that we hate, igbo dint hate any tribe in Nigeria, igbos were against buharis candidacy twice, he came out disastrous. This should have been a point of commendation for igbos for having foresight if other Nigerians listened, the situation today would not have been this bad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by GCFRin2034: 7:39am On Nov 17, 2022
TheSameGuy:

And who called him ice cream merchant ?
The real question is why did your ‘sophisticated’ people pick a frail, incoherent, geriatric, corruption-personified octogenarian over an erudite vibrant professor with eight years of vice presidential experience ?

You can’t answer that question without a sense of shame and regret but you can try.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by PandoraObi: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2022
Love?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by zombieHUNTER: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:

Osibanjo is smart.. hardworking.. intelligent , proactive and close to the people. he feels the pulse of the masses..
he has a piece of the street in him...

Its only a mad man that won't like such a character, i remember his days as the acting president, he was everywhere, on ground, active.. making decisive calls.

What they have in APc today is an old man who ought to be resting overseas in a London hospital spending his loot.
Kabaka and mc oluomo will be senior ministers in his cabinet.. while the Boko Haram vice will be acting president when he sits in London for long check up.

this is not what Nigeria needs now
the country is on the verge of total collapse
Insecurity is everywhere. kidnapping, hunger, decay.. i weep for the country
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by haffaze777(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2022
Is he not mere commission again? grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by 9gerian: 7:59am On Nov 17, 2022
True. Osinbajo would have been blamed for all of his principal’s shortcomings and Nigeria’s problems.

The reason he is being shown love now is to spite the one that emerged the APC presidential candidate.

Really a reverse psychology.

TheSameGuy:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Mrgovernor: 8:10am On Nov 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2022
PandoraObi:
Love?
ohanaeze is not equal to people in the street
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2022
haffaze777:
Is he not mere commission again? grin
and who tagged him a mere commissioner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by SadiqBabaSani: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2022
Osibanjo is competent and capable hand, personally if he had won Apc primary, i would be supporting Apc right noe
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by BATified2023: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:
osibanjo has real supporters here, not in the majority, but he has supporters, but for tinubu, he has nothing here, osibanjo s presidency would be a million times better than tinubu
u igbos should get ways to win election n leave whoever your opponent is fielding

It’s just like ten Haag telling guardiola not to play haaland n debryne

U igbos should leave apc choice n look for ways to win election

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 9:01am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:

Because Osinbanjo is qualified and have no criminal records.

Osibanjo can be trusted with money but Tinubu? Ahhhh noooo
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2022
BATified2023:
u igbos should get ways to win election n leave whoever your opponent is fielding
It’s just like ten Haag telling guardiola not to play haaland n debryne
U igbos should leave apc choice n look for ways to win election

Are you indirectly calling for ceasefire?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by haffaze777(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:

No be your people promote the tag?

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by haffaze777(m): 9:24am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:

Can you see the love your people have for him below

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by diadem10: 9:27am On Nov 17, 2022
They don't like him. They were always calling him several names throughout..

They pretend to like him now because they think he's fighting with Tinubu. Only fools take them serious. If they could blame Tinubu for Buhari's action despite the fact that Tinubu was never a part of Buhari's administration, they would do 10 times worse to Osinbajo if he had been on the ballot.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by TheRareGem1(f): 10:32am On Nov 17, 2022
Having criticise him for many years. Bunch of hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:

No they don't. You guys love fooling yourselves thinking you're fooling others. Check the insults thrown at Osinbajo before the APC primaries. The "love" they have for him was after the primaries, when they felt he had become anti-Tinubu. I don't like Tinubu either, but this hypocrisy and delusion of yiibos thinking they are smart really ticks one off.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by damkin24(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2022
Chuksmemgbe:
But a presidential primary election was conducted to produce Tinubu. Are you saying Osinbajo should be handpicked without going through democratic way of electing flag bearer?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2022
haffaze777:

No be your people promote the tag?
osibanjo may receive some shots because he is in APC, it doesn't mean he's hated, he's a capable hand, and igbos like capable hands
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Chuksmemgbe: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2022
damkin24:

But a presidential primary election was conducted to produce Tinubu. Are you saying Osinbajo should be handpicked without going through democratic way of electing flag bearer?
the system that brought tinubu is evil,
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by agadez007(m): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2022
I am Igbo,I don’t like anything associated with APC
Osibande oo,osibanjo o
All of them are failures
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by Zeemam: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2022
Who will not love Osinbajo
Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by orisa37: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2022
OSINBAJO is GUILESS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vehicle Kills Kwara APC Woman Leader’s Sister At Tinubu Campaign Flag-off / Throwback Picture Of Atiku Displaying His APC Membership Card. / A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.