Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,486 members, 7,843,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 - Business (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 (93410 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by cristog120: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
JAkpayen:

BE=Break Even

neva mind. its a reply to an i- too- know trader here. i really mean BREAK EVEN FOR THE TRADE I PLACED ON EU
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
odiaero:

^^  Dont be angry o, i like making jest of people when they are defiant, i.e[b] i yeye dem [/b] grin
do we now have cloggie on nairaland?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by pippimp(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2011
JAkpayen:

What makes you think EURNZD will fall?

it's been ripe for days. . . . . . .
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2011
cristog120:

STILL making jest of me? what you will see me neva do is not to protect my profit

Now u are trying to go defensive which is bad, so u mean even if u place trades it went on negative pips, u still protect it? grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
aguiyi:

do we now have cloggie on nairaland?

Since u guys have refused to come out and comment since morning, am just catching some fun with cristog  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by cristog120: 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
odiaero:

Now u are trying to go defensive which is bad, so u mean even if u place trades it went on negative pips, u still protect it? grin
TIME OF CALL MATTERS
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by smithereen: 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
smithereen:

Yeaaaah right.

Hmmm BTW this might be good mental exercise in panic management.

Let me think of a pair I haven't looked at lately --- CADJPY.

No coin nearby, so I'll toss a SPRITE cover. Heads long, tails short.

TAILS.

I'll open cadjpy and short with TP and SL both 100 (0.01 lots).

Done: 75.65.

Since I have NO EXPECTATIONS from this trade, I wonder if I'll manage it differently.

frenchman2:

Here is my chart pattern analysis for CAD/JPY

I see a typical heads and shoulders chart pattern on the 1hr time frame.

From the chart below, you can see that i'm already short at 75.611

where to exit.

for those who want to play safe, exit at the neck. (see chart) That's just 100pips.

But how far can price fall?

To calculate price projection for heads and shoulders pattern, get the number of pips from the neck up to the head.

deduct that from price at the neck. we deduct since price is going south.

Wow, Frenchman.

I can't believe my coin toss landed on the same side (short), and so near the same entry price as your analysis.

Where is that sprite cover!!!! (CNBC here I come)  grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
Are we there yet?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAkpayen(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
pip p[size=1pt].[/size]imp:

it's been ripe for days. . . . . . .

It's preferably to use this pair as a 'windscreen shield' since they move almost in the same direction. Forex is about trading the strong currency against the weak.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
amheading south on the dow from 11507, tp is when i like cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by frenchman2: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
smithereen:

Wow, Frenchman.

I can't believe my coin toss landed on the same side (short), and so near the same entry price as your analysis.

Where is that sprite cover!!!! (CNBC here I come)  grin grin grin

thanks to you

it was actually your post that drew my attention to it. I hadn't looked at the pair for sometime now.

After much scanning, Bingo! I saw the pattern.

Though price has been heading north since i entered,

So when it formed a double top at 75.93 i re-opened  another position.

should price break 76.40 resistance, the pattern will then be nullified.

I'll take my loss and move.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
aguiyi:

amheading south on the dow from 11507, tp is when i like cool

Why not wait until price is closer to 11600?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by smithereen: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
Closing half my positions on my EGbp and Chfjpy shorts @ 40 pips each. Both in free trade now.

frenchman2:

thanks to you

it was actually your post that drew my attention to it. I hadn't looked at the pair for sometime now.

After much scanning, Bingo! I saw the pattern.

Though price has been heading north since i entered,

So when it formed a double top at 75.93 i re-opened another position.

should price break 76.40 resistance, the pattern will then be nullified.

I'll take my loss and move.

@ Frenchman
Awesome!!!

I practically expected that entry to run straight to the SL, and here it is having a shot at success (not guaranteed of course).

I've learnt a bit more about trading psychology from this, and it's carried over to my real trades.

@ Naijababe
Meanwhile this your "in the zone" book recommendation is more than a book, it's a religious guide to success in life.
I had it on my system but only read it after u recommended it. Words cannot describe it.

Thanks!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
Sweet day today grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAkpayen(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
Anyone going long with me on EUR/GBP for 40 pips
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by keni: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
Forex is sweet,

a 400 pips loss grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by keni: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2011
smithereen:

Closing half my positions on my EGbp and Chfjpy shorts @ 40 pips each. Both in free trade now.

@ Frenchman
Awesome!!!

I practically expected that entry to run straight to the SL, and here it is having a shot at success (not guaranteed of course).

I've learnt a bit more about trading psychology from this, and it's carried over to my real trades.

@ Naijababe
Meanwhile this your "in the zone" book recommendation is more than a book, it's a religious guide to success in life.
I had it on my system but only read it after u recommended it. Words cannot describe it.

Thanks!

Hi Smithereen/Naijababe

can you please send me the e-book falino200@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAkpayen(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^^ I think say dem don send you one before. Abi you chop that one!  grin  grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by keni: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
JAkpayen:

^^^^ I think say dem don send you one before. Abi you chop that one!  grin  grin

Are u sure whoever u r refering to is me? please post a link maybe I made the initial request in spirit grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by pippimp(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
JAkpayen:

It's preferably to use this pair as a 'windscreen shield' since they move almost in the same direction. Forex is about trading the strong currency against the weak.

you are right in a way. . . but you've got it backwards. . . . .since eurusd is popular with traders, you would expect a massive tussle between bulls and bears which means price would whip around a lot before settling to it's proper destination. i like eurcad. . .eurnzd. . .eurchf because they fly under the rader. eurusd will tank soon, . . .it's already confirmed that but eurnzd already confirmed it's downtrend days before eurusd did it's own.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAkpayen(m): 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
pip p[size=1pt].[/size]imp:

you are right in a way. . . but you've got it backwards. . . . .since eurusd is popular with traders, you would expect a massive tussle between bulls and bears which means price would whip around a lot before settling to it's proper destination. i like eurcad.  . .eurnzd. . .eurchf because they fly under the rader. eurusd will tank soon,  . . .it's already confirmed that but eurnzd already confirmed it's downtrend days before eurusd did it's own.

I still think EU will get to 1.4000 before the downtrend may begin and so other EUR related pairs will move alongside it.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by smithereen: 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
Closing half my AU short @ +40 pips. Also in free trade.

Awww, one second too soon. No matter, objective achieved.

I have an AUDNZD short and a UJ long in play, both taken this morning and both have moved only about 5 pips from morning position. However, both are longer term focused, so I guess I'm done for the day.

Oh, there's the buckshot trade cadjpy which I won't even look at until it hits SL or nears TP.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
Are we there yet?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by pippimp(m): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
JAkpayen:

I still think EU will get to 1.4000 before the downtrend may begin and so other EUR related pairs will move alongside it.

it's very possible, . . .the thing is i trade long term so there's no difference between 13800 and 14000 to me, . . . . but when eurusd starts to really fall. . . .then we'll see 13140. . . . i am already extended as it is or i would have entered now at this price. . . . . . .
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
Are we there yet? am there for today o grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
I will be selling GU 4rm tomoro
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAkpayen(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
The Greece parliament has pass the austerity vote test and a final vote tomorrow is expected to make it become law. Meanwhile the outcome between Merkel and Sarkozy in today's meeting is expected ahead of the EU Summit meeting on Oct 23 where the increment for the funds to the EFSF will be finally agreed by all member-nations.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
stagger:

Why not wait until price is closer to 11600?
am tempted to believe u are out of that bullish train by now.it is going back down the way it came up cool cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by smithereen: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
Closed 2nd half of my AU sell @ +100 pips. I couldn't resist it - even though I believe there's more downside.

Oh, well.

Chineke!! My coin-toss cadjpy trade is in profit. See comedy.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
smithereen:

Closed 2nd half of my AU sell @ +100 pips. I couldn't resist it - even though I believe there's more downside.

Oh, well.

Chineke!! My coin-toss cadjpy trade is in profit. See comedy.

Very soon someone will bring another Paul the Octopus equivalent to predict which direction a trade will go.

See case o! shocked
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
aguiyi:

am tempted to believe u are out of that bullish train by now.it is going back down the way it came up cool cool

Honeric1 (I think, I am not sure) asked me last week if I had a trade call to make, and I clearly said that I would place a Sell Limit for Dow closer to 11600. That was a week ago. The trade played out on Monday.

I still have a bearish sentiment towards the Dow. I will wait for an appropriate place to go short. But not before 11600.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
me i don book my 100pips,looking for another sell opportunity cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (100)

What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.