Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Response Thread: Complete Pictures And Highlights From Tinubu And CAN Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response Thread: Complete Pictures And Highlights From Tinubu And CAN Meeting (181 Views)

Renovation Of Enugu Stadium Almost Complete (pictures) / Complete Pictures And Highlights From Tinubu And CAN Meeting. / Leah Sharibu: Nnamdi Kanu Bans CAN Meeting In Old Eastern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Response Thread: Complete Pictures And Highlights From Tinubu And CAN Meeting by Premiumwriter: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
Sometimes, we need to sit down really deeply and think about the things we say because they can be interpreted in ways we never imagined.

And sometimes, the things we say actually have the meanings that we want people to percieve, regardless of how insulting it may be.

Tinubu's speech with the members of the christian association of nigeria is merely eloquent, but reading between the lines, one cannot help but wonder how bold and insulting a presidential aspirant can be to the people he hoped to govern.

Today, an extract of that speech made it to the frontpage, we hoped it was a good extract, but the insults were just too much for me to ignore.

I did not choose senator shettima so that we could form a same faith ticket

This is rather a blatant lie from tinubu. It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind. Did he really not know that choosing shettima who is a muslim is equal to choosing a same faith ticket?

He tried to cover this up by saying that he chose shettima because

the ticket was constructed as a same progressive and people based-ideology ticket

But this is a false equivalency. If any government is going to be 'progressive and people based' then everyone in the country should be equally represented.

This is a huge fallacy on the part of Tinubu. He believes his government will represent everyone equally but his choice of people are already showing otherwise.

In a house full of dogs and cats, you don't pick an all dog government and say the government is both for cats and dogs.

Two muslims leading the country doesn't show that the christians are represented.

he continues with his reason for the same faith ticket

I offer a confession. I selected senator shettima, thinking more about who would best help me govern

This is a genuine reason for picking a running mate. We don't want the case where our government will be divided against itself.

But at the same time, one would need to wonder, for a man who is progressive and people based, Tinubu cannot find a christian out of the millions of potential running mate that will help him govern the country?

If out of millions of christians, he cannot make a choice, then just how much does he know about the christians that he thinks two muslims will represent them well? Again, two dogs cannot represent the interests of cats.

he continues

Picking a christian running mate would have been politically easier. But the easy way is rarely the right one

Hmm. I don't if i should weep over this statement as a christian.

This is a blatant lie from the camp of tinubu and he knows this.

Picking a Muslim running mate would have been the easier route to take as a politician, even though it is the wrong thing to do, but he took it without remorse.

A christian running mate would have made it harder for him to garner votes in the north, since christians are minorities in the northern part of the country.

Secondly, why does Tinubu think that having a christian running mate, is 'rarely the right thing to do'

Does that mean having a christian mate will be disastrous to the country?

Again, this is a huge spit in the face of christianity from the camp of tinubu.

and the lies continue to pile up

(1) (Reply)

What Happen To Voters Card Transfer And New Registrations? / Rivers State APC Are Determine To Contest 2023 Election - Ojiegbe / Oborevwori Extols Jonathan At 65

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.