Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected (4824 Views)

Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP / Atiku Vows To Fight Insecurity, Slams APC / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Ayula96(m): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has vowed to uphold press freedom if he wins the 2023 presidential election.

Atiku made the promise on Wednesday when he engaged members of the Nigerian Guild of Editors in Lagos State.

Giving accolades to the Nigerian media, the former Vice President said: “I want to pay tribute to the press for their role in the restoration of democracy in Nigeria. Many of you have sacrificed your life and career.”

He also used the opportunity of the interactive session to reel out his plans for Nigerians as contained in his manifesto titled “My Covenant with Nigerians” as well as the Recover Agenda of the PDP.

Atiku kicked off his speech by informing the editors that he sees himself as a true Nigerian in every sense mainly because he has spent the greater part of his career in the south and as such, he knows the south as much as he knows the north.

When asked about his economic blueprint for Nigeria, Atiku said he intends to continue with the economic policy of the PDP government in 1999-2007 which includes to liberalize the economy, empower the private sector and continue with the privatization agenda of the Obasanjo-led administration.

“If you look at the thriving economy in the world, they allow the private sector run the economy,” said Atiku. “If you see the amount of work government has to do in-terms of constructing and decongesting our ports, railway, and you have to borrow, I will rather concession most of these projects to the private sector and give them tax incentives. This will bring progress, prosperity and peace”.
https://guardian.ng/news/atiku-vows-to-uphold-press-freedom-if-elected/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by danielhubs: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
He hear that every electionay year

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Racoon(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
It is a shameful and despicable thing that Atiku Abubakar that can't maintain his moral conscience when threatened with rejection shamelessly reversed his condemnation of the barbaric killing of Deborah in College of Education Sokoto is the one telling us of upholding the freedom of the press.

Meaning if one is to be killed unjustly, an Atiku as president can't maintain equity, fairness and justice. So on account of this Atiku became an absolute no for me

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of convenience and comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."( Martin Luther King Jr.)

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by socialmediaman: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Atiku can be best described as a corrupt democrat, he believes in press freedom, he was also part of NADECO, which Tinubu used as cover to pretend to be a democrat, but he's also corrupt.

I supported Atiku in 2019 because he was a lesser evil than Buhari, however in 2023, I now fully support Peter Obi, he's exactly what Nigeria needs, someone to fight the current political waste we currently have in Nigeria

Peter will no doubt face the biggest fight of his life with the national assembly, but he has done it before, he fought the state assembly in Anambra over the same issue and was impeached but he went to the courts and fought back his way to government house and complete his administration's goal to work for the people and not the corrupt politicians

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Wahala90: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by temitope27(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
J
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Comedian!

He should uphold Genevieve Nnaji first!

Atiku’s should stop dreaming!

Asiwaju is the next president!
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by philo04(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Wetin concern me
If you upload craze
So God deh download my daily food give me
Who cares
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by complexBoss12: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
I didn't know pee the pee was still contesting, haven't heard from them in awhile
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Warldbest(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Fulani man and freedom of speech, I you doubt ask bubu
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Georgejeez: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
The man for the job , most qualified candidate for the Presidency, clear way for his excellency annointed, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar GCON.

Vote AAA , so Nigeria can move from the F , Buhari have put us to A1
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by LogicnReason: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Really grin..... ? the same man that could not hold the freedom of his own twitter handle when Deborah Samuel was killed.

Here is what we know, Atiku will be controlled by thee same religious cabal that gave him one phone call to delete his twit about Deborah Samuel. They will control him on what the press is suppose and not suppose to do, and Atiku will obey them.

Be wise everyone, throw your weight and vote behind Peter Obi for true freedom from the cabals that have put the north south east and west into perpetual oppression

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by onomeabuja: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2022

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by EmmyDJourno: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Who no gree attend debate want come respect press freedom
Only fools would be deceived
Shey you dey whine me niiiiii, ohohoh grin
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by ceaser: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Atiku is just "vowing" upandan.

The other time he vowed to privatise the power industry if elected president, thinking that Nigerians have forgotten in a hurry what his "privatisation" strategy as vice president under Obasanjo ended up with.

This was the main reason OBJ said he regretted having him as vice. OBJ put him in charge of the privatisation programme but he ended up balkanizing and selling off most of the government owned companies to himself at El cheapo rates, and not with the sole aim of making them work but simply stripping them down the way butchers strip down accidented cars and sell off the parts.

Politicians are like women before marriage, only a miniscule few of them turn out to do what they promised.

Before marriage: Just take me in. I will give you all the styles you want in this world and make your wildest s3xual fantasies come thru.

After marriage: Ah hàn! Wetin do you ńa? U no dey tire? Ńa everytime you wan dey do. Abeg na only when I need pikin I dey ready to do anything with una ó.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by mathewteghaBLOG(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Was it same Atiku that ordered Journalist to be manhandled in Jos and Kaduna or which Atiku?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by oluwaseyi0: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
What do you expect him to say before election? grin grin
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by treesun: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by WonderManly(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Is the promise ment for just 1st term only or 2nd term or forever. Or Lori-Iro
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by austinofo(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ayula96:

https://guardian.ng/news/atiku-vows-to-uphold-press-freedom-if-elected/
This man out of desperation is just promising everything that he is being asked. He will soon contradict himself through his constant promises. After the deletion of the post condemning that girl's death, I came to see what a power tasty and desperate person this man is.
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by olisefom: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Its that time again. Promises they can't fulfil.
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Praktikals(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
angry
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Sufyaan003(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
God bless Nigeria
God bless PDP
God bless Atiku
Atiku is the next president 2023 insha Allah
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by smile11s(m): 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by salbis(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good one from Wazirin Adamawa.
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
APC don't know the meaning of press Freedom.
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by Noahsarko: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2022

say goodbye to generator with Power Station Portable Bank

Power your laptop, phones, MiFi, powerbanks, Speaker, fan, radio, LED light, camera. etc

46,200mah , 65watts

Contact me on whatsapp to get the LIVE video on how it works.

Pay on Delivery nationwide via GIG Logistics !!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by dodomayana73: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nice one by the incoming president of Nigeria. Atiku Abubakar the unifier is coming to fix the mess created by the present government.
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by millionaireman: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
When Atiku was Vice president, he queried a newspaper over why its journalist mentioned the name 'Biafra' in an article.
Atiku is more intolerant of free speech than Buhari.
Re: Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected by oshiokpu(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Liar..Who believes what this one is saying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benin City; Armed Men Invade Labour Ward / Result Of Adamawa State Guber Election / Graphic Pics Of The Victims Of The Quds Day Massacre In Zaria Killed by Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.