Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does (46378 Views)

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Help, How Much Is The Annual Rent For Ihs Tower / Is 700k Annual Rent Too Much For Someone Earning 300k Monthly / What Is The Annual Rent For Telecoms Mast In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
mployer:

For an organization to pay you that amount, you must be a very important staff to them. That means your living standard will be important to them to ensure effective job delivery. In some cases you will be entitled to housing allowance and an official car.

So, where and how you live is their business.

These are exceptional Cases. i believe they do exist
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Dshocker(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
TechGallery:
This rule does not apply in Lagos though.

My annual rent is just 20% of a month salary.

If 20% of your monthly salary is your annual rent, then you ought to be living or staying in your own house.... Stop whining us.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by TechGallery: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
Dshocker:

If 20% of your monthly salary is your annual rent, then you ought to be living or staying in your own house.... Stop whining us.

So building or buying house in Lagos na child's play to you? Well, I am trusting God for 2023?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Dshocker(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
TechGallery:

So building or buying house in Lagos na child's play to you? Well, I am trusting God for 2023?

If your annual rent is 20% of your monthly income, it means you are supposed to raise a minimum of N5m-N10m in 6 months.

And on the island, there are apartments that can be sold for N10m-N100m, and can even allow you pay installments of up to 3yrs.

So why haven't you own one?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by TechGallery: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
Dshocker:

If your annual rent is 20% of your monthly income, it means you are supposed to raise a minimum of N5m-N10m in 6 months.

And on the island, there are apartments that can be sold for N10m-N100m, and can even allow you pay installments of up to 3yrs.

I have my taste and I know what I want, so stop dreaming for me.
Thanks.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Dshocker(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
TechGallery:

I have my taste and I know what I want, so stop dreaming for me.
Thanks.

Oga stop whining yourself please.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by TechGallery: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
Dshocker:

Oga stop whining yourself please.
Alright. Thanks.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Topze(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
ForG:

I lived in a self-contain in abuleegba for 7 years. Moved this year.

48k per annum.
Seriously?.. Where in abule egba.. Cheapest self con I found in that area was 150k p/a
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by 18wheeler: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
LordReed:

Where do you live?

The north east.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by J0hnTrevolt(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2022
PAPIJAID:
This may sound somehow but I tell you my peeps, the OP is very right. If we continue to live beyond this we will continue to live in abject penury. Im a salary earner, I rent my family house 4 hours away to my place of work @less than 20% of my two months salary and I got a very unbeffing one at a trecking distance to my place of work. Wisdom is key here. One must find a way to save money by fire by force or else there wont be progress. Save money and invest no matter what. For me my principle is if I wont work anywhere I wont be able to save money.
This is exactly what I did beginning of this year. I relocated my family to a neighbouring state where they have comfort and peace of mind at 20% of my annual income and rented an unbefitting single room of 60k which is 5 minutes drive to my place of work. I'm compelled to travel every weekend to the neighbouring state to be with my family. Sometimes I ask myself if am right?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by ForG(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
Topze:

Seriously?.. Where in abule egba.. Cheapest self con I found in that area was 150k p/a

Ekoro, Abule-Tailor.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Tonytonex(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Your annual rent shouldn't exceed your two months salary. If it does, you're in the wrong apartment.
for those that depends solely on salary. One should work and own a business that pays more than the salary.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by LordReed(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
18wheeler:

The north east.

Makes sense that you can do that over there.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by juliusijidola: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
IyaTola:
My yealy rent is about 22% of my annual income. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment in Alimosho LGA, Lagos. The environment is decent and I look forward to becoming a landlord in the same area. All the other tenants knew somehow that I don't belong among them. Living below your means is possible sometimes but the pressure is high & I wasn't "really comfortable" either. All depends on you & your goals.

Nigeria will humble you..the cheap house you're looking for does not have vacancy in the location where you work, now what do you do? and even the pay for the job can't meet your needs 50%..the system is happening to all of us, that's just the truth.. how many jobs pay over 100k today
Hi , What area would you suggest, someone stays in alimosho LG thats decent ?

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Abidayo(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
Really an interesting Topic. House rent generally in Lagos has gone up. I doubt it if you r going to get room and parlour for 150k at Sangotedo or Igbo Efon. Minimum you can get a miniflat in some part of Lagos is in the region of 250 300k, except you have a good landlord who doesn't necessary live on the proceed of the house rent. In some areas you can't get a miniflat for nothing less than 500 600k. If you earn 100k a month, that's like 3months salary. In a nutshell, don't burden yourself with an extreme or outrageous house rent. Other bills such as utility, school fee, tfare, cable subscription, voice & data subscription, dependant billing gets their cut at the end of the month.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pinkasso: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
No one cares but my response pain you die,...you've been drooling over my response., , The swear when them swear for you na im they affect you so..slow poison..
The topic is a self reality check, that's why I had to personalize it to explain that the rule does not apply to everyone but of course you felt slighted and the reason for your outburst..I think say you get mouth.
Employee wey mumu.
omonnakoda:
Today? page 20? That is too short
If you stop talking on this thread before Buhari leaves office it will not be well with you
Do not talk like an idiot. Make an effort

I see you have internal quarrel and are looking for how to externalize it

This thread is about rent

All that empty talk about yourself is unnecessary. No one cares

2 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Dani94: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
pstemma1990:
Abuja doesn't have any problem, u can live in Nasarawa and still work in Abuja, Majority of people working in Abuja are living in Niger and Nasarawa... But u will have to leave ur house early in order to beat traffic.

Hmmm
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by gassbee: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
The op is smoking something very strong
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by gabemuyi: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
AishaDant:

Did you have to lie about it? Another dishonest lying Nigerian clown spotted!

Lie for what
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by omonnakoda: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2022
pinkasso:
No one cares but my response pain you die,...you've been drooling over my response., , The swear when them swear for you na im they affect you so..slow poison..
The topic is a self reality check, that's why I had to personalize it to explain that the rule does not apply to everyone but of course you felt slighted and the reason for your outburst..I think say you get mouth.
Employee wey mumu.
Weak on the inside tough on the outside
No one asked you your biography homo boy. You have that faggy smell about you. Too much explanation
STFU
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by donem: 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
mployer:

This is not possible.

That is if your monthly salary is 1m, then your annual(yearly) rent is 200k?

There is no guy earning 1m monthly that is living in 200k per year apartment cheesy

Even the organization you work won't allow it.
Mathematics go worry you those days o ... cool
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pinkasso: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
Slow poison mixed with low IQ...if my biography pain you well well you for tell me your own... broke ass nigga
omonnakoda:
Weak on the inside tough on the outside
No one asked you your biography homo boy. You have that faggy smell about you. Too much explanation
STFU
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by donem: 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:
You must decide for yourself

And weigh all the pros and cons.

It is not a straight line.

I have a colleague who had a place in ikorodu. We worked in apapa.

Guy would leave home four every morning to beat traffic.

One time there was bunkering in his area. Another time those notorious cultists whose name I forget

Too many people think that you can sacrifice peace of mind, convenience and security on the altar of don't be foolish with your money.

To each his own
Those notorious cultists nah Baddo?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Jeboy(m): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
This theory cannot be applied in Europe, America and developed African countries like SA, Egypt and Co where houses comes with standard facilities. Reason they don't pay houses per annum but only monthly or weekly.

I am opportuned to live where my one month pay can cover annual rent with about 20% change reason because I work remotely and there is a bigger goal. I am humbling myself to save for the bigger goal.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by mployer(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2022
donem:

Mathematics go worry you those days o ... cool

I Sabi maths.

The guy said his rent is 20% of his monthly income.

He edited the comment.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by GloriousGbola: 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2022
donem:

Those notorious cultists nah Baddo?

Yep
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by bigiyaro(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
pstemma1990:
They are, u can get good self contained for 70k per year.
oboy, thats like after lafia...
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by donem: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
mployer:

I Sabi maths.

The guy said his rent is 20% of his monthly income.

He edited the comment.
Nice one Sir, Alright.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pstemma1990: 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
bigiyaro:
oboy, thats like after lafia...
not at all, from Maraba u will see a good one, I'm currently staying around masaka, u need to see how spacious the room is, and it's 60k per year.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by cucumbar: 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
Dshocker:

please show me how to get such apartment… not the one I will be chasing people up and down for my money o.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Dshocker(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
cucumbar:
please show me how to get such apartment… not the one I will be chasing people up and down for my money o.

Talk to @ramosoflagosrealty or @lekkiajahikoyi on instagram

They can work with your budget.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
mrkings84:
Abeg what's the current cigil servant pay again?
30k abi, so no civil servant should live in a house anove 60k per annum.
What is this??
So every civil servant is on level 3 earning 30k abi? Commenters dey dis NL sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Aba Residents Rescue Children From Burning Building (Photos) / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 / See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.