Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,864 members, 7,821,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does (46412 Views)

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Help, How Much Is The Annual Rent For Ihs Tower / Is 700k Annual Rent Too Much For Someone Earning 300k Monthly / What Is The Annual Rent For Telecoms Mast In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
Rubyjade:
Okay, salary 100k house 150k
Job location, Victoria Island.
House location, Sangotedo, Awoyaya.

Transportation 2k daily=52k

House at igbo efon, agungi, osapa, ilasan and chisco 250-300k
Transport N600 =15k

I don't know but please if you pass mathematics in school you can help

A job Loss will Make you Realize that Option 1 is Better.

the Lesser the Bulk Money you pay, the lesser the Burden on your Heart.

the Transport in option 1 can be reduced by moving to Ajah

3 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by ednut1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
Pacesetter123:

It's not a useless standard.
It's actually an ideal principle to follow.
How can you receive 50k for instance as ur monthly salary and you are paying annual rents of 250k.
This translate to about 21k per month.
Then can de remaining 29k take care of NEPA bill, cable subscription,data subscription n recharge card,water, transportation, cosmetics, clothing and food?
Even if such a house is just a trekable distance to ur place of work,can de remaining 29k take care of all the needs I listed above minus TP?

What the OP is trying to warn against is, don't leave above ur income.
where are majority of jobs in lagos for example. Vi, ikeja, lekki . Some pay 70k to 100k. Is it wise to now go live in mowe cos of cheap rent and commute to lekki. Work experience too is also key. I knocked people who started with 40k jobs but are on 500k ones today. That you live somewhere that is 50% your income doesn’t mean you will remain on same job or salary for ever
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by BadEnglish(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
Some stu.pid ppl with stu.pid opinions
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Pacesetter123(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
sukkot:
so a nigga earning 20k per month need to look for a 40k per anum rent. where will you find that shocked grin
But truth be told,that is financially ideal apartment for him/her to stay.And so he should look for one.
If he earns the 20k as u illustrated,it will not be prudent for him to rent a house of 120k per annum.
Do you realize that that would have been half of his yearly income?
The remaining half cannot take care of his basic needs for just 3 months let alone one year.
So you see,he will be in heavy debt every month if he goes beyond the 40k yearly rent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by vikstandon(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Your annual rent shouldn't exceed your two months salary. If it does, you're in the wrong apartment.

That is not obtainable in our days... Unless you wan live for bush. That implies you will expend more than what in the real sense of it constitute your 3 months salary (house rent) on transport and may likely get a query at workplace.

There are factors that determine the house you should rent and amount to pay.

Take note of this instances: your monthly salary is #100,000 which constitute #1.2 million annual wage.

Instance 1:
You have an offer of a house (2 bedroom) in close proximity to workplace, church, your children's school, market, hospital etc, and with basic amenities (water, light and security) which goes for #500,000 (as rent)

Instance 2:
You have an offer of a house (3 bedroom) far from workplace, church, your children's school, market, hospital etc with/out basic amenities (water, light and security) which goes for #200,000 (as rent), but your monthly transportation is #30,000 (#360,000 annually); you are disposed to physical and psychological adverse effects of being held up in traffic, and you end up getting queries often for lateness which would cost you your job. Also bearing in mind the uneasiness of your family members accessing the institutions I have already mentioned.

Question:
Please which one will you take.

2 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pinkasso: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
You are now sounding like a sadist., You want want me to feel bad at all cost for having my own opinion, I don explain tire, my reality is different so the OP should not generalize , you have been you using offensive words as part of your response and I have told you to free the argument and let's discuss the topic you don't know me and I don't know you.
If selling gala, selling plantain and selling orange is degrading in your reality then so be it.
And I ask again what your response to the topic?
omonnakoda:
I am not trying to force you to do anything
You can do what you like

It is not my reality

Life is a pyramid

Everybody cannot be an entrepreneur and in Nigeria the odds are heavily against it

That is why our people japa all the time

Trying to tell us
Look at me I quit my job blablabla

is pure egotism with very little empathy for the agony that is the reality of out people

The kind of thing one expects from an autistic person with ZERO EMPATHY

No one wants to sell Gala in traffic

Na condition make crayfish bend

2 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by REALretep(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
Nice one... not bad

The bottom line is that people should not allow accomodation cost to stress their finances.

Things that stress ones finances should be limited as much as possible so as to ensure sufficient savings for unforseen circumstances
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by omonnakoda: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
pinkasso:
You are now sounding like a sadist., You want want me to feel bad at all cost for having my own opinion, I don explain tire, my reality is different so the OP should not generalize , you have been you using offensive words as part of your response and I have told you to free the argument and let's discuss the topic you don't know me and I don't know you.
If selling gala, selling plantain and selling orange is degrading in your reality then so be it.
And I ask again what your response to the topic?
I You sound like a fool
Coming here tp tell us your biography . Who ask you story?

So you want others to feel bad at all cost? The reason they are all suffering is they are not like you?

All they need to do is be like you and they will be fine?

Guess what Mr Entrepreneur most Nigerians are not as you say they should be
Most do not have savings or any means of saving .That is the bitter reality in Nigeria today.

The subject matter here is rent but somehow you managed to shift it to your biography

Nobody ask you

STFU
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2022
mployer:

This is not possible.

That is if your monthly salary is 1m, then your annual(yearly) rent is 200k?

There is no guy earning 1m monthly that is living in 200k per year apartment cheesy

Even the organization you work won't allow it.

WHY?
what's their Business?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by sukkot: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
AngelicBeing:
That must likely be a Mud or Refurbished Colonial House shocked
hahahahahaha man said refurbished colonial house cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pinkasso: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
Get lost idiot ...does your reality also include this your low IQ?.. you they irritate person I swear.., I stayed on the topic explaining that I used up almost everything I had to rent a place to start life afresh so but for anything it should inspire people especially does that can't meet up with rent and they have saved up some money if they can they should take the leap of faith but those that can't should remain in employment what is wrong in encouraging people to be entrepreneurs, you don't have to be working somewhere and be checking from time to time whether your salary for two months don pass your annual rent it's unrealistic, how many people two months salary go cover their rent annually for naija?
You just they insult person as if nah me put you for the one you dey. If you no like my response just Waka pass, reality kill you there..ODE.
I don ready for you idiot.
omonnakoda:
I You sound like a fool
Coming here tp tell us your biography . Who ask you story?

So you want others to feel bad at all cost? The reason they are all suffering is they are not like you?

All they need to do is be like you and they will be fine?

Guess what Mr Entrepreneur most Nigerians are not as you say they should be
Most do not have savings or any means of saving .That is the bitter reality in Nigeria today.

The subject matter here is rent but somehow you managed to shift it to your biography

Nobody ask you

STFU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Devonelle(f): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
I rather rent a house close to my workplace and have ease of mind
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by kaymart: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
FASTCHOW:

It's possible bro.. My monthly income is little above 200k per month and my rent is 150k per year.. pls note that my house is 5mins walk to where I do business..
Good.... �.....
Your expenses should not increase exponentially as your income increases...

By the way, what type of apartment do you stay in
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
FireUpNow:
This OP is drunk. Saying two months salary should pay one's annual rent, this is not applicable in Lagos unless you are assuming everyone lives in a one room apartment. Does this OP know how much a standard 3 bedroom flat apartment annual rent payment is in places like Maryland, Ikeja, Surulere, Ebutemeta, Illupeju, Anthony Village? Baba OP wake up nor sleep

He is NOT DRUNK!
find a House that Fits the Budget of 1 Month - 1.5 Months Take-Home income
so that You can save, survive a job loss, save for your own building, save for Japa etc!

if 3 to 4 months of your Take-Home income= your House Rent,
You are on Financial Suicide!!
A financial Time bomb
A Rat Race with the Track on Fire!

to survive in the Long Run is Difficult (eg. during a Job Loss)
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
lansile:
If it does Police won't catch you otherwise I would have been arrested long ago. The thing is, a Just Okey 2 bedroom flat Apartment is just what's right for a married man. Unfortunately such apartments cost not less than 3-4
months salary of an average civil servant in Nigeria. Add transportation experiens to that and then you will understand why a civil servant is condemned to poverty from the first day he got appointment letter except in the cases where such job gives room for making illegal money regularly. In a nutshell, every Nigeria civil servant is getting paid to just eat so as to get enough stamina to make it back to the office the next day.
Not in all cases sir, it depends on some factors. I am a civil servant based in Kaduna and I stay in a nicely decent 2 bedroom apartment for 150k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by omonnakoda: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2022
pinkasso:
Get lost idiot ...does your reality also include this your low IQ?.. you they irritate person I swear.., I stayed on the topic explaining that I used up almost everything I had to rent a place to start life afresh so but for anything it should inspire people especially does that can't meet up with rent and they have saved up some money if they can they should take the leap of faith but those that can't should remain in employment what is wrong in encouraging people to be entrepreneurs, you don't have to be working somewhere and be checking from time to time whether your salary for two months don pass your annual rent it's unrealistic, how many people two months salary go cover their rent annually for naija?
You just they insult person as if nah me put you for the one you dey. If you no like my response just Waka pass, reality kill you there..ODE.
I don ready for you idiot.
Empty and unintelligent talk
In your mind you are the great entrepreneur and the rest of Nigerians are just lazy and stupid?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by swagifted(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
My rent for a year is my income in two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2022
Joseph1505:

You are here looking for high paying jobs when someone is cashing out daily online by just doing some Copywriting jobs
LOl

Go and join the person na grin
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
18wheeler:

My own standard has been one month’s salary. I never take an apartment that will cost me over a month’s salary. Two is still fair anyway but is extreme for me.

Where do you live?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
ForG:

Stupidity. What do I gain from lying?

This revelation only diminishes my status as many will depict me as cheap.

It doesnt Matter what people Think...
what matters is the Great financial decision and your ability to have used the savings to Buy income generating Assets

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Cde1: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
Yeah
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2022
clockwisereport:

You got it wrong

150k + (12×52k) = 774k
300k +(12×15k) = 480k

The person that paid 300k as rent is the one that saved more money
'

But which person will Quickly have hypertension During a Job Loss? 300k Guy
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
Cutehector:
bros, it's not everybody that will be doing copyrighting jobs. If you are good at it then thank Your Maker and keep quiet.

There are still people out there who make 100 times more than you do and will not come out here to brag.
My brother, me I dey ignore these ones o.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pinkasso: 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2022
I know your type so I'm not surprised..you are nothing but a slow poison...your response says a lot about you,...you wan Japa with this your low IQ...so the the ability for people to earn more in life should be based on rent? And those that don't earn as much make them die or because of rent person no go they ambitious again?
You dull I swear no wonder you dey use cup of rice they measure your salary.
Today me and you alone go reach page 20
omonnakoda:
Empty and unintelligent talk
In your mind you are the great entrepreneur and the rest of Nigerians are just lazy and stupid?

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
Allisgud:
so what's the essence of the abroad when u put all ur salary on accomodations

The Truth is Coming out....
to be Financially Free Abroad is a Miracle...
almost No saving Monthly

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by fof1: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
post=118510988:

You are 100% right Sir. ✅️

DECEIVE URSELVES...PROPAGANDIST...

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Anonymoususher: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
This rule does not apply in Lagos.

You earn let's say 150k monthly in Ikeja.

Tell me which house you can get for even 400k even in iyana ipaja?

Presently I am looking for a room and parlour self con around iyana ipaja axis which is supposed to be cheap but I am unable to get a decent place even for 500k a year and you are here quoting what motivational speakers told you in books

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by elinaxy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Very much true, I can attest to that. Once u get inside the city centre no hold up except you're stopping for traffic light
pstemma1990:
Abuja doesn't have any problem, u can live in Nasarawa and still work in Abuja, Majority of people working in Abuja are living in Niger and Nasarawa... But u will have to leave ur house early in order to beat traffic.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by omonnakoda: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
pinkasso:
I know your type so I'm not surprised..you are nothing but a slow poison...your response says a lot about you,...you wan Japa with this your low IQ...so the the ability for people to earn more in life should be based on rent? And those that don't earn as much make them die or because of rent person no go they ambitious again?
You dull I swear no wonder you dey use cup of rice they measure your salary.
Today me and you alone go reach page 20
Today? page 20? That is too short
If you stop talking on this thread before Buhari leaves office it will not be well with you
Do not talk like an idiot. Make an effort

I see you have internal quarrel and are looking for how to externalize it

This thread is about rent

All that empty talk about yourself is unnecessary. No one cares
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by mployer(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2022
OvertheTop:

WHY?
what's their Business?

For an organization to pay you that amount, you must be a very important staff to them. That means your living standard will be important to them to ensure effective job delivery. In some cases you will be entitled to housing allowance and an official car.

So, where and how you live is their business.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by OvertheTop(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
ForDanny:
My annual rent is £4,200 .

My 2 months is £2,500.

Where I wan pack go bro’s ?

1, Look for a Smaller/Cheaper Apartment
2. Look for a Higher pay Job.

BTW:
you can see that the Struggle in Nigeria and Abroad are the same:
the Aim anywhere in the World is to have savings at month-end to buy income generating Assets that can cater(generate money) for you when you can't work anymore

That's Why, if you had assets in Nigeria before Traveling, NEVER SELL THEM!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

High Quality And Affordable Polysterene Parapet For Your Roof / Aba Residents Rescue Children From Burning Building (Photos) / See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.