Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48170 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Saig: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
Tithing is not for Christians. The Bible (New Testament) doesn't command it. It was for the Jews
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Werey....
Low budget DNA grin grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you don't attend nor do you listen to the doctrines and traditions of men aka pastors and mogs(and their churches), OK then. I like to refer to all of the above as your churches aka Churchianism since they are against the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided

Wateva man.....can u just go away
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
Desusi:
Who are criminals in the contents of your message now.? So pastors are criminals? Be careful to avoid God's vexation. The facts that certain few are misbehaving should not make you called them criminals. When Moses called God's people 'Ye rebels, must we bring water from the rock!'Little did he know that he has committed a perjure.
Actually your pastors and mogs are criminals ... they are the thieves who come to steal from God's Sheep, to kill the fat of His sheep, and destroy His flock using His name. Jesus Christ warned you against them. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HomeTutorsPro: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
omonnakoda:

I did not say anything about whether there is a god or not.
Not a single word.

The point is that man has made up stories about gods since eternity.
There are stories from everywhere and the Hebrew story is one of hundreds of stories most of it fictional or too fantastic to be taken literally.
Are we supposed to believe that God parted the Red Sea for Hebrews to walk on dry land whilst ignoring totally the Ijaw and Urhobo people until Europeans brought the "GOOD NEWS"?

Yes, @the bolded.
It's a possibility. It doesn't matter whether we believe it or not. The Jews worshipped Yahweh and he did wonders for them.
Unfortunately, they only told us what happened and hid how it happened.
Plagues in Egypt, Moses' snake swallowing Pharoah's, striking the rock for water, the parting the red sea, the healing serpent, the sun standing still.
These are just a few wonders.
But they removed the incantations that made them happen.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
Wateva man.....can u just go away
Log off of Nairaland and you will see I won't bother you again. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Eclement(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
So, are you saying tithe is the money you "owe" God?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MasterKernel: 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

U cannot read....my comment isn't about tithes...it's about publicizing the good u do.
If u don't agree ..Waka pass ..no be fight

Surprisingly... Your comprehension ability is less than that of an adult, since you couldn't grasp through the first paragraph, throwing tantrums and banter is my hobby.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Log off of Nairaland and you will see I won't bother you again. undecided

U can keep blabbing then... there is option 2
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by alobright17(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

Jesus the one that died for you said shame on to you for paying tithe without doing the more important thing which is helping the needy and this is in New Testament. So Jesus didn’t even see the tithe as important. Abi you want to dismiss what Jesus himself said ?

Your pastors doesn’t preach or read that part of scripture for you people.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Eclement(m): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
I love the sarcasm... grin grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But she never mentioned the name of Jesus Christ in this mockery as claimed by you, so why do you feel the need to judge her by His words suddenly? undecided

I mean do you also judge your many pastors and mogs by the Words of the same Jesus Christ or is it only those who step out to disobey them that you raise Jesus Christ as a standard against? undecided
I look at the intention behind her giving. She doesn't have to blow the trumpet to tell the world that she gave to the needy.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
MasterKernel:

Surprisingly... Your comprehension ability is less than that of an adult, since you couldn't grasp through the first paragraph, throwing tantrums and banter is my hobby.

Lol...e pain am... if u could comprehend u wont go all about tithes...context please....u cant even get context....jeez!!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

Yes, @the bolded.
It's a possibility. It doesn't matter whether we believe it or not. The Jews worshipped Yahweh and he did wonders for them.
Unfortunately, they only told us what happened and hid how it happened.
Plagues in Egypt, Moses' snake swallowing Pharoah's, striking the rock for water, the parting the red sea, the healing serpent, the sun standing still.
These are just a few wonders.
But they removed the incantations that made them happen.
Everything you are saying is hearsay, what you were told or read.
You do not have personal experience of those things you describe as if you were a cameraman on set when they occurred
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MasterKernel: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol...e pain am... if u could comprehend u wont go all about tithes...context please....u cant even get context....jeez!!

I'm sorry for your poor English grasp, sue your school, I almost asked the school that graduated you.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
edoairways:
I look at the intention behind her giving. She doesn't have to blow the trumpet to tell the world that she gave to the needy.
* Your pastors and mogs blow the trumpet telling the world when they give yet you don't bother subjecting them to scrutiny against the standard that is Jesus Christ.

* Your same pastors and mogs demand tithes and offerings from you regularly yet not once do you lot condemn them for that which is blatantly against Jesus Christ in Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26.

So, why do you raise Jesus Christ as a standard against this woman because she refused to obey your pastors and mogs? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

U get me right??
Sure
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Harmony92(f): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house. angry

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.
Evangelism for abroad on top false prophecy �. Pastor abeg let God dey use you ooo
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
MasterKernel:

I'm sorry for your poor English grasp, sue your school, I almost asked the school that graduated you.

Lol..u cant even throw good jabs..... next time understand context before rush into a comment like someone wants to pay you ...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pinkyposh:

Sure

Thank Goodness..ive had to explain myself to half of these people that cant even get the context of a statement...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Fooddyy: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
But God didn't specify that his house is a particular 4 wall building. He also let us he creates us in the image of himself. So here if i help another human being with my tithe, its need no special explanations that im giving it back to him because that person is his image. Very simple . quote author=DaInferno post=118496071]I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin[/quote]
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Fcwilly: 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

The real owners of tithe are the Levite whom are one of the tribes of Israelite are there till date, have you heard of any church doing bank transfer to them?

Deut 14 22 to 29

You will hardly see Nigerian or African pastors quote this portion in there church.

Go and read it please come back here and tell me what you see.

Please am expecting your response
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Fooddyy: 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
But God didn't specify that his house is a particular 4 wall building. He also let us he creates us in the image of himself. So here if i help another human being with my tithe, its need no special explanations that im giving it back to him because that person is his image. Very simple .
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by oluwaseyi0: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
meeketta:
no body who pays his/her tithe faithfully without God keeping to His own part.
GOD IS FAITHFUL

angry grin angry angry

There's no one more unfaithful than God

My jobless prayer warriors neighbor knows that fully after loosing his pregnant wife because God couldn't help her deliver and their is no money for operations

Wife died after after 6 years of constant tithing, 1 year of hubby loosing job with no job
Up till now still now job

You can reply me to exonnrate your unfaithful and cheating God then blame the dead wife
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by goodheart01: 10:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

Just shut up if u have nothing meaningful to say. Tithes are not compulsory, Infact they have nothing to do with your salvation as a Christan.. Tithe is just a sacrifice Christians make to tap into God’s blessings that’s all. And whether u want that blessing is a thing of choice. Paying tithes won’t take u to heaven, rather it’s your good deeds that will.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Adakintroy: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Show off?? How did Jesus show off.....?? Will he heal people in his room...when did Jesus give money and told the to the world ?? He specifically said don't blow trumpet of ur good deeds

Am a jesus person. This is not about jesus. It was a digression example. some things need to be done in the open so others can emulate. Depends what spirit is guarding ur gesture. Pride or humility. Neither of us can tell from here.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Desusi: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Actually your pastors and mogs are criminals ... they are the thieves who come to steal from God's Sheep, to kill the fat of His sheep, and destroy His flock using His name. Jesus Christ warned you against them. undecided
Well-done!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Corto: 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nigerians are finally waking up to the fact that pastors are the biggest crooks alive
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

My jobless prayer warriors neighbor knows that fully after loosing his pregnant wife because God couldn't help her deliver and their is no money for operations. Wife died after after 6 years of constant tithing, 1 year of hubby loosing job with no job . Up till now still now job

You can reply me to exonnrate your unfaithful and cheating God then blame the dead wife
What a horrible story! undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
Adakintroy:

Am a jesus person. This is not about jesus. It was a digression example. some things need to be done in the open so others can emulate. Depends what spirit is guarding ur gesture. Pride or humility. Neither of us can tell from here.

U are right I guess....we can't tell what are motives are from here..
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by spartachico(m): 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
when i read the headline ,my mind says definitely not a Nigerian woman.
this country wey be say pastors and daddy G O don brainwash them finish
may God have mercy upan us
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

angry grin angry angry

My jobless prayer warriors neighbor knows that fully after loosing his pregnant wife because God couldn't help her deliver and their is no money for operations

Wife died after after 6 years of constant tithing, 1 year of hubby loosing job with no job
Up till now still now job

Devil's advocate here...how do u know they paid tithe constantly for 6 years grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / Prophet T.B. Joshua Prophecy Causes Couple To Collapse (Video) / The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.