Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48166 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by desiredhome: 5:44am On Nov 19, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a [b]Christian the Bible makes it compulsory[/b] for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
Compulsory indeed......yet the poverty in the land is skyrocketing.........133million Nigerians are living in poverty.........
Ignorant killing Nigerians
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by bbyby01: 5:44am On Nov 19, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
Who determines what old testament rules christians should follow and the ones they shouldn't please?

And what is the exact law on tithe

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by emanobis(m): 5:49am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

Deuteronomy 26:12
[12]When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Why is it that our pastors skip this portion of the bible when talking about tithe?

Is there something our pastors are not telling us??

3 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by desiredhome: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2022
thesicilian:

But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
Very stupid reasoning.......you keep encouraging these criminals/pulpit bandits yet you blame your poverty/bad economy on government/politicians alone......

Government deducts a minimal amount of your money(salary) as tax to and builds basic amenities including roads you pass etc.......
You volunterily give almost half of your income to a church and there's nothing in return rather they ask you to bring more....
continue praying while they are living large on your money/sweat........
Una MuMu never do.......

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by desiredhome: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Nobody is wiser than God and God is not foolish to ask you to contribute to only one man while the whole congratulations are living in abject poverty........
Wisdom is profitable to direct.......

If the so called pastors were using the people's money appropriately, people will not criticize them.......
The church money is the people's money not the pastor's money.....

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Badgers14: 6:26am On Nov 19, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

What when pastors show off their own donations?

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by ForgetfulJones: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2022
ALARAPE22:
Make I see if this one will enter front page......Pastors in the house, is it good or she has disobeyed God's order.....
it's is good cos this is also tithe.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 7:05am On Nov 19, 2022
Badgers14:

What when pastors show off their own donations?

They are wrong too..why u they ask funny question
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by okwusdaddy: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:

How is it his ten percent.I taught that all you own comes from God.Or does God need money like us.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 7:22am On Nov 19, 2022
Taigaban:
This is an excellent way of contributing to humanity. Unfortunately all Tithes and offerings goes straight to G O's pockets, while brainwashed congregants wallow in poverty. And more to this, leaders live in extravagance and have all they need now, while the less privileged members depend on a promised heavenly bliss
I am waiting for the day a G.O will send a tenth of the tithe he/she has collected to the Levi tribe in the present day Israel. grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
* Your pastors and mogs blow the trumpet telling the world when they give yet you don't bother subjecting them to scrutiny against the standard that is Jesus Christ.

* Your same pastors and mogs demand tithes and offerings from you regularly yet not once do you lot condemn them for that which is blatantly against Jesus Christ in Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26.

So, why do you raise Jesus Christ as a standard against this woman because she refused to obey your pastors and mogs? undecided

First of not all pastors blow the trumpet when giving, remove that stereotypical thought from your head. Second, the hypocritical society pressurise other pastors to display giving just to win sympathy
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 7:26am On Nov 19, 2022
emanobis:

Deuteronomy 26:12
[12]When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Why is it that our pastors skip this portion of the bible when talking about tithe?

Is there something our pastors are not telling us??
who wan spoil job wey de give good money wink

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MMempire(m): 7:28am On Nov 19, 2022
Opinedecandid:
Proper and accurate.

Jesus told the people that they didn't take care of him when he was in need. They retorted that Jesus had never been in need (like today's Pastor) but Jesus in His wisdom told them as long as they did not do it to their neighbors who are needy around them, thy have not done it for him.

Two commands only are propagated by Jesus:
Love God
&
Love your neighbor.

Period.

If you see a hungry sibling, friend or neighbour and you pass with your tithe simply because you want to go tender it in church, you are a hypocrite and of all men most miserable.
YOU KNOW NOT GOD!

Matthew 25:41-46
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me,(L) you who are cursed, into the eternal fire(M) prepared for the devil and his angels.(N) 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’(O)

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life
Love your mention. May God continue to bless you for this. People are damn ignorant of the two greatest commandment of God (Love for God and Love for fellow neighbors).

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2022
advanceDNA:

I did not deliberately do anything ..I asked u for ur point cos I didn't want to get u wrongly... If u are too big to rephrase ..... U can mention someone else to continue your conversation
run!!!......how they feign ignorance when the truth stares them on the face.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by toloohthegreat: 7:37am On Nov 19, 2022
Be calming down! I think it's not a bad information to sensitize others who are religious follies.
Do wrong, we condemn. Do right gain they condemn. Are you a condemned pelzin�

advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 7:41am On Nov 19, 2022
MMempire:

Love your mention. May God continue to bless you for this. People are damn ignorant of the two greatest commandment of God (Love for God and Love for fellow neighbors).
thank you jare. For those still giving tithe and do this picture below, just know your hearth is under your legs and you've smatched it.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by shantti(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Sings *What so ever u do to d least of my brodas, dat u do unto me, when I was hungry.................*

Therefore it means if I use my tax to help the poor people around me, I have given it to God.
Humanity first before religion

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by magzey: 7:50am On Nov 19, 2022
The Pastor right now! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by KennethEnyi(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
How can I give a whole 10% of my earnings to a church when it won't guarantee job security or anything

So u can’t give 100 naira to church
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by oluwaseyi0: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2022
KennethEnyi:

So u can’t give 100 naira to church

Not even a dime talkless of almost 100k

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by luluosas(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2022
How reliable

Noahsarko:

say goodbye to generator with Power Station Portable Bank

Power your laptop, phones, MiFi, powerbanks, Speaker, fan, radio, LED light, camera. etc

46,200mah , 65watts

Contact me on whatsapp to get the LIVE video on how it works.

Pay on Delivery nationwide via GIG Logistics !!!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by savysu: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2022
thesicilian:

See ignorance being boldly displayed here

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2022
lookingfly:
run!!!......how they feign ignorance when the truth stares them on the face.

All i did was asked u what u meant by ur comment.....and u claimed i running....run from what?? Are u the police...did i commit crime....
I hope u realize I could just ignore ur comment and not respond ti it....but i asked u what u meant because ur comment wasnt clear....still u couldnt resist the urge to behave like u are somethimg people run from....pele
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Oluaje(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2022
It's a good for a Christian to follow this woman pattern as tithes were not the teaching of Jesus Christ but commanded us to give.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2022
advanceDNA:

Thank Goodness..ive had to explain myself to half of these people that cant even get the context of a statement...

Everything is clearly stated in the Bible
Even stopping paying your tithe to build a house for a widow.
She did well, but she has robbed God
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HRprof: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house. angry

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.

I’m here to hear your 3 market days revelation on her grin should we give you more market days
Market days are for Oracles and ancestors not for prophets
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HRprof: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2022
Pinkyposh:

Everything is clearly stated in the Bible
Even stopping paying your tithe to build a house for a widow.
She did well, but she has robbed God
We still have religious gullible at this era ?? Asking for my neighbor grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Opinedecandid(m): 9:06am On Nov 19, 2022
ofemigeorge:

You understand the SECRET. I applaud you.

Thank you.
And you sound understanding, too.
Pls don't keep quiet, keep telling all who care to listen that church is human, not building.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Opinedecandid(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2022
MMempire:

Thanks, brother.
Pls let's join our voices to deliver the deceived

God is more interested in the 'human-church' than the church building.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Jman06(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:

Where do you know as the household of God?

God dwells in man and that is why he said that "your body is my dwelling place, keep your body clean".

So the lady did the right thing by using the tithe to build for God.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by DaInferno(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Jman06:
Where do you know as the household of God?

God dwells in man and that is why he said that "your body is my dwelling place, keep your body clean".

So the lady did the right thing by using the tithe to build for God.
lol grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Porksupplyib: 9:46am On Nov 19, 2022
Ogunleti01:
God bless u for this submission. We make up what is called the church. What was the responsibility of the church in the New testament according to the book of ACT 1. promote spiritual growth ~ Act 2:42-47 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer 2. The care of the poor widows and the needy. At the time, the number of the disciples was greatly increasing. A complaint arose from the Grecian Jews against the Hebrews because the Grecian widows were being neglected in the daily ministry. 2 The twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, 'It's not appropriate for us to forsake the word of God and serve tables. 3 Therefore brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and of wisdom. 4 Then we can appoint those men over this business, and we apostles will continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.' ” (Acts 6:1-4). The church has neglected these duties and the goal now is how to build multi billion dollar auditorium, university etc which poor people can barely afford

God bless you. U have said it all.
All ur tithe is used for building new branches and mega multibillion auditoriums while the needy sheeps are told to keep praying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns / Prophet T.B. Joshua Prophecy Causes Couple To Collapse (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.