Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria (2383 Views)

Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Fish And Crab Soup In Peru / Step By Step Method Of Preparing Egg Soup In 15mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Brunosamel(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Which tribes has the best soup, my pick is Igbo, calabar, Akwa ibom any other of these tribe comes second.

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Youngwiz71(m): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Is this even a question, Havnt you heard of Calabar before No tribe in Nigeria beats their soup....
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by 07kjb: 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good variety of soups give it to igbos

Best soup Akwa/cross

3 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by JASONjnr(m): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Leave sentiments aside and you will know why men like Akwa Ibom girls....They will give you the belly meal and the oza room meal double blessings....

Get you a Calabar girl and you will know what it means to feed well and feed fine....

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Urheadmaster(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
JASONjnr:
Leave sentiments aside and you will know why men like Akwa Ibom girls....They will give you the belly meal and the oza room meal double blessings....

Get you a Calabar girl and you will know what it means to feed well and feed fine....

In times of best soups, Igbo comes second tongue
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by JASONjnr(m): 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
Urheadmaster:

In times of best soups, Igbo comes second tongue

Igbo no reach Calabar.....

I've dated both....

Forget it, Akwa Ibom girls are top notch and they're homely and my very last ex is from Akwa Ibom and I still want her back....But a sharp guy don rush marry her....

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Urheadmaster(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
JASONjnr:

I've dated both....

Forget it, Akwa Ibom girls are top notch and they're homely and my very last ex is from Akwa Ibom and I still want her back....But a sharp guy don rush marry her....

The topic does not tallies with your points tongue

Is all about soups tongue
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by JASONjnr(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
Urheadmaster:

The topic does not tallies with your points tongue
Is all about soups tongue

Lol....
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Armaggedon: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Igbos unarguably. No wonder the few ethnic groups that have the culture of having decent delicacies are the one bordering Igbos such as Efik, Ibibio, Urhobo, Ishan etc

6 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by VeryWickedGoat: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
Imagine Yoruba sef dey claim food.
Yoruba wey dey use stew chop eba. grin cheesy Everything na stew. All their "soups" na stew with dirty leaves in it.

When it comes to food Yorubas are the worst. The only Yoruba thing I can eat is their stew for rice.

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by PerfectStranger(m): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
Youngwiz71:
Is this even a question, Havnt you heard of Calabar before No tribe in Nigeria beats their soup....
Abasí odiòng fî for saying the truth. Them never taste editàn soup before they be capping smiley cool

Our women will serve you the main food and the other food ASAP, so y’all stop playing wink

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
I'm fully blooded Yoruba but when it comes to delicacies I give it to our people from the East/South South... I'm always looking for Igbo restaurants in my area to taste their amazingly delicious soups, even abacha is a goal anytime anyday...

And their goat meat peppersoup! OMG

4 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by siofra(f): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Abasí odiòng fî for saying the truth. Them never taste editàn soup before they be capping smiley cool

Our women will serve you the main food and the other food ASAP, so y’all stop playing wink

Editan is the best soup in the world, no cap.

Sometimes I sit down and pity people that have not tasted editan. It's a piece of heaven in a bowl.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by PerfectStranger(m): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
siofra:

Editan is the best soup in the world, no cap.

Sometimes I sit down and pity people that have not tasted editan. It's a piece of heaven in a bowl.
No cap! Editan is one of the reason I still see my ex sometimes. She’s badass.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by armyofone(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
I don't think any tribe holds the monopoly of best soup whatever. Cooking is an art - the taste of the soup is determined by individual tastes bud at a particular point.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by illicit(m): 1:16am On Nov 19, 2022
I am Yoruba

Our favorite is PEPPER soup

shocked
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2022
armyofone:
I don't think any tribe holds the monopoly of best soup whatever. Cooking is an art - the taste of the soup is determined by individual tastes bud at a particular point.

There are soups that are nutritionally more superior than others.
Those soups should be considered "best soup" in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Abasí odiòng fî for saying the truth.

Them never taste editàn soup before they be capping smiley cool

What does Abasi odiong fi mean?
God bless you?

Secondly, what are the ingredients required to make editan soup?

Are you from Cross river state or Akwa-Ibom state?
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Yoruba wey dey use stew chop eba. grin cheesy Everything na stew. All their "soups" na stew with dirty leaves in it.

When it comes to food Yorubas are the worst. The only Yoruba thing I can eat is their stew for rice.

Rubbish.
I agree we dont Have soup but we dont Use dirty leaves… we cook good ewedu and efo riro, gbegiri too with good omi obe eja (fish soup)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by VeryWickedGoat: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2022
Lamanii22:
I agree we dont Have soup but we dont Use dirty leaves… we cook good ewedu and efo riro, gbegiri too with good omi obe eja (fish soup)

All those things you mentioned are poisonous.

Ewedu and efo riro are prepared with dirty toilet broom, gbegiri just stinks.

3 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by PerfectStranger(m): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

God bless you?

Means God bless you…

I’m from Akwa ibom state. Just have your editan leaf well sliced.
Meat
Stock fish
Cray fish
Periwinkle
Ponmo (optional)
Dry fish (very necessary)
Palm oil
Finally fufu grin

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Means God bless you…

I’m from Akwa ibom state. Just have your editan leaf well sliced.
Meat
Stock fish
Cray fish
Periwinkle
Ponmo (optional)
Dry fish (very necessary)
Palm oil
Finally fufu grin

Do you know that one could easily come up with new soup ideas, using the concept from your region?
Infact, I have one cooking up in my mind already. cheesy

Thanks for the translation.
I like how it sounds in your native language.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by ForestHill: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
JASONjnr:

I've dated both....

Which Akwa Ibom girls are you talking about?
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by PerfectStranger(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

Do you know that one could easily come up with new soups idea, using the concept from your region?
Infact, I already have one cooking up in my mind already. cheesy

Thanks for the translation.
I like how it sounds in your native language.
Editan soup isn’t simple to cook as it seems o. Yeah you can actually cook a delicious one in your mind but reality can still mess you up, no cap grin

The slightest mistake you make while cooking Editan soup will make it tasteless. Editan no be afang o.

That’s why there’s this old kinda adage/song in our native dialect that goes “ Editan asoñg Afang tinkinik” wich means “ na Editan senior afang” lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Editan soup isn’t simple to cook as it seems o. Yeah you can actually cook a delicious one in your mind but reality can still mess you up, no cap grin

The slightest mistake you make while cooking Editan soup will make it tasteless. Editan no be afang o.

That’s why there’s this old kinda adage/song in our native dialect that goes “ Editan asoñg Afang tinkinik” wich means “ na Editan senior afang” lol

Hahahahahahahaha

Una can sabi hype and guard una soups ehn! cheesy
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
JASONjnr:

I've dated both....

Akwaibom girls are truely homely..Most times i feel it is cultural for them.

Girls from your place are as well..Although you decide not to waybill one for me grin
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
Antimarraige:
I'm fully blooded Yoruba but when it comes to delicacies I give it to our people from the East/South South... I'm always looking for Igbo restaurants in my area to taste their amazingly delicious soups, even abacha is a goal anytime anyday...

And their goat meat peppersoup! OMG
Hehehehe confessions.

During orientation camp in far north, at the mammy markets, Igbo restaurants will always gather most customers..

Variety is a spice to life.

South south and South East got this thread on locked down. No cap!

5 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
armyofone:

Judgement when you must have tasted alot of foreign soup.. grin

Abeg this thread is a vote of confidence to Our SE + SS sisters doing kitchen wonders..To enhance our stomach.

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

God bless you?

Onye nri.

I chowala nke i ga eshi? grin

Editan a, is it not water leaf na ugu?
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
Munzy14:

Onye nri.

I chowala nke i ga eshi? grin

Editan a, is it not water leaf na ugu?

Hahahaha

You know, I'm always in search of new ideas.
I'm thinking, since their soup concept is mainly pairing water leaves with another edible leaves, one could just experiment with something totally different, and see how it turns out.

Mba o.
Nke ahu wu edikang-ikong.
Editan di unfamiliar to me, so I had to check it.
They say it's known as atama leaves in Igbo.
I ma ya?

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by BanyXchi: 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Rubbish.
Osu miscreant, everything is tribalism to you people.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Ooni: 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
armyofone:

I think i have to disagree with you on this. Ibos are the best by far, there is no political correctness about it. Our sister who is a medical expert thinks so too below.

Consultant Gastroenterologist with the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Dr. Olufunke Adeniyi, has said that south-eastern soups are the most nutritious in Nigeria.

According to Adeniyi, South Eastern soups are usually prepared with rich vegetables and often cooked with little or no oil making them more nutritious and healthy compared to other traditional soups known to other parts of the country.

She said this at a one-day fortification workshop organised by Nestle Nigeria in Lagos.

Adeniyi said, “South-Eastern soups are very rich in micro and macro nutrients. Their soups contain a lot of leafy vegetables and so most of their children are not really micronutrient deficient.

“However, this is the challenge to those in other regions. For instance, parents in the South West need to improve the quality of food their children eat as a way of correcting nutrient deficiency.

“At least 25 per cent of Nigerian children suffer from vitamin A deficiency, the commonest cause of blindness in children under five years. Also, Nigeria falls into the zone that has severe iron deficiency anaemia.

“We thought iodine deficiency was not an issue, unfortunately, we are seeing some degrees of iodine deficiency. Recent figures show that 20 million babies are born per year with mental impairment due to iodine deficiency despite all the fortification that is still going on.”

The Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé Nigeria, Mr. Dharnesh Gordhon, who was represented by the Manager Corporate Communications, Dr. Samuel Adenekan, assured Nigerians that the company would not compromise its fortification policy which, he said was essential to the growth and development of children.

Adenekan said, “We have been tackling dietary deficiencies in Nigeria with our fortified food products. We are also committed to various initiatives to address the issue of malnutrition in the country especially among children and their mothers.”

http://www.punchng.com/south-eastern-soups-are-the-most-nutritious-expert/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benin City Recipes: 911/999 / Baking Soda And Baking Powder / Nigerian Gravy For Rice And Spaghetti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.