Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria (2386 Views)

Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Fish And Crab Soup In Peru / Step By Step Method Of Preparing Egg Soup In 15mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahaha

You know, I'm always in search of new ideas.
I'm thinking, since their soup concept is mainly pairing water leaves with another edible leaves, one could just experiment with something totally different, and see how it turns out.

Mba o.
Nke ahu wu edikang-ikong.
Editan di unfamiliar to me, so I had to check it.
They say it's known as atama leaves in Igbo.
I ma ya?
Of course at bolded cheesy

Just learning for the first time..It could be one leaf a family friend planted in her house..She said she got the plant when she went for a seminar na Cross river.

I tried checking the leaf online..You don push me to research..Expect result grin

My best of their soup ka wu Edikaikon...God with obstacles. cool

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by ariesbull: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
Yoruba foods are not sweet naaa
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Munzy14:

Of course at bolded cheesy

Just learning for the first time..It could be one leaf a family friend planted in her house..She said she got the plant when she went for a seminar na Cross river.
I tried checking the leaf online..You don push me to research..Expect result grin

My best of their soup ka wu Edikaikon...God with obstacles. cool

I ga a ku ya ma gi mata ya? cheesy
I ga a kwu'm ugwo research. Hehehe

I agree.
You know what? I think our people should adopt soups from their region, to add to and balance the ones we have.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

I ga a ku ya ma gi mata ya? cheesy
I ga a kwu'm ugwo research. Hehehe

I agree.
You know what? I think our people should adopt soups from their region, to add to and balance the ones we have.

Likely I will cheesy

Oooh..lol

We have the most. Adopt will result to anya ukwu grin

We are even dragging afang with them now.. grin
Our people na enye nsogbu o

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2022
Munzy14:

Likely I will cheesy

Oooh..lol

We have the most. Adopt will result to anya ukwu grin

We are even dragging afang with them now.. grin
Our people na enye nsogbu o

O kwa ya? cheesy

OK. We'll just borrow then.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by okunwaye(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
Igbo and yoruba soup's for me smiley
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 12:37am On Nov 20, 2022
mariahAngel:

O kwa ya? cheesy

OK. We'll just borrow then.
cheesy yea.

Or tweaking some recipe.

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by shantti(m): 6:15am On Nov 20, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

All those things you mentioned are poisonous.

Ewedu and efo riro are prepared with dirty toilet broom, gbegiri just stinks.

Mechie gi onu. Whats your problem
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by shantti(m): 6:18am On Nov 20, 2022
Lamanii22:
I agree we dont Have soup but we dont Use dirty leaves… we cook good ewedu and efo riro, gbegiri too with good omi obe eja (fish soup)

I swear u guys lack soup.
U guys hardly even cook egwushi or ogbono or okro soup even though the ingredients are available in ur markets, why?

My Yoruba neighbors always cook ewedu, like literally everyday, haba, I go dey wonder why Dem no fit cook other soups

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Probz(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2022
Urheadmaster:

In times of best soups, Igbo comes second tongue

Hmm.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Probz(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2022
Antimarraige:
I'm fully blooded Yoruba but when it comes to delicacies I give it to our people from the East/South South... I'm always looking for Igbo restaurants in my area to taste their amazingly delicious soups, even abacha is a goal anytime anyday...

And their goat meat peppersoup! OMG

Thank you for telling the truth.
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by Probz(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2022
illicit:
I am Yoruba

Our favorite is PEPPER soup

shocked

You mean pepper-stew.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by toneroforever(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
Best if we can just enjoy the soups and leave the competition.
On a real level,if we can turn our diversity into a plus then we will really enjoy the positive vibes that abound in this country.
Every tribe has something special that others can explore and enjoy. Unfortunately,our divisive politicians keep setting us apart.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by armyofone(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Munzy14:

Judgement when you must have tasted alot of foreign soup.. grin

Abeg this thread is a vote of confidence to Our SE + SS sisters doing kitchen wonders..To enhance our stomach.

Lmao grin you eh!
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by armyofone(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2022
mariahAngel:

There are soups that are nutritionally more superior than others.
Those soups should be considered "best soup" in my opinion.

Potatoes soup
Lentil soup
Noodles soup
Mistrone soup

See - soup is soup. No superior.

Which nutrition is inside Nigeria soup with over cooked vegetables and assorted meat ?
grin

Fresh bitter leaf soup kiss
Scent leaf soup kiss
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2022
armyofone:

Potatoes soup
Lentil soup
Noodles soup
Mistrone soup

See - soup is soup. No superior.

Which nutrition is inside Nigeria soup with over cooked vegetables and assorted meat?
grin

Fresh bitter leaf soup kiss
Scent leaf soup kiss

Ah!
Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants from different spices we use o.
It was before I used to fall for that "over cooked" theory. Not anymore o.

Most of the kinds of vegetables we use cannot be eaten raw.
They're more potent when cooked a bit.

Why do you think Nigerians weren't that affected by covid, contrary to predictions by the oyinbos? They had/have strong immune systems.
They didn't even comply with the social distancing thing.
I dare say average Nigerians have stronger immune systems than the westerners who eat mostly raw foods.
They can hardly tolerate/survive what we can.
Covid proved it.

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by armyofone(m): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
mariahAngel:

Ah!
Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants from different spices we use o.
It was before I used to fall for that "over cooked" theory. Not anymore o.

Most of the kinds of vegetables we use cannot be eaten raw.
They're more potent when cooked a bit.

Why do you think Nigerians weren't that affected by covid, contrary to predictions by the oyinbos? They had/have strong immune systems.
They didn't even comply with the social distancing thing.
I dare say average Nigerians have stronger immune systems than the westerners who eat mostly raw foods.
They can hardly tolerate/survive what we can.
Covid proved it.

Not the spices or food sis - Asians do the spices and vegetables thingz too - yet Covid-19 attacked hard there. Strong immune systems from build up of immune soldiers from previous uncountable exposures wink
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2022
armyofone:

Not the spices or food sis - Asians do the spices and vegetables thingz too - yet Covid-19 attacked hard there. Strong immune systems from build up of immune soldiers from previous uncountable exposures wink

Hehehe

A strong immune system is a strong immune system regardless. cheesy
Re: What Tribe Has The Best Soup in Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
I prefer Yoruba soups but maybe that’s because it’s what I’m accustomed to. I think other tribes have more of a variety though

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefits Of Soybeans Milk(i Need A Further Breakdown) / Can You Eat This Delicacy? (picture) / How To Create A Balanced Diet Plan For A Week Using Nigerian Menu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.