Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m (21861 Views)

2-Year-Old Boy Starved By His Father And Stepmother In Warri Rescued (Photos) / 3-Year-Old Boy Battered By His Dad And Stepmother In Ogbomoso [photo] / Hot Water Poured On Baby By His Jealous Stepmother In Katsina (Graphic Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by ASAPFERG1: 12:58am On Nov 19, 2022
The Anambra State Command, has arrested a 20-year-old man, Ekenedilichukwu Okeke, for allegedly killing his stepmother, Mrs.Theresa Okeke,54, over N1 million.

The deceased, an accountant with the National Population Commission (NPC), was reportedly strangled to death on September 28, 2022 in her residence, No. 4 Umuziocha, Awka, the state capital.

Parading the suspect alongside his three accomplices at the state police headquarters, Amawbia, on Friday, November 18, 2022, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Echeng Echeng, said Ekenedilichukwu allegedly connived with his friends to murder the woman in order to withdraw a sum of N1 million from her bank account.

"One Mrs. Theresa Okeke, aged 54 years, an Accountant with National Population Commission, Awka, was murdered in her residence at Number 4, Umuziocha, Awka," the CP stated.

"Immediately the case was reported, her stepson, Ekenedilichukwu Okeke, aged 20 years, who slept in the same house with the deceased, was arrested for interrogation.

He claimed that armed robbers stormed their residence and killed his stepmother. However, after an intelligence based interrogation, he eventually confessed to the crime and named his accomplices.

Detectives from State CID, Awka, swiftly mobilized in search of the accomplices which led to the arrest of three additional suspects, namely; Peter Jideofor, aged 23 years, Chukwuemeka Christopher, aged 29 years and Chisom Emmanuel Dike, aged 22 years.

“They have all confessed to the crime and disclosed that it was the deceased’s stepson who contracted them to come and kill the deceased to enable them transfer the sum of N1 million from her account, having known her phone password. The suspects will soon be charged to court," Echeng added.

During his parade, the stepson said he had to hire his friends to assist him carry out the act, shortly after the deceased, who had been assisting him in paying his fees, insisted he must leave her house over a misunderstanding.

"I finished writing JAMB and was doing some menial jobs to enable me raise money for my university fees. I also worked for NPC 3 months ago," he explained.

"I had misunderstanding with my mom, along the line and she scolded me. I pleaded with her, thinking she’s forgiven me. But the next day she asked me to leave the house.

“I called my dad and elder brother to inform them of the development but my dad didn’t pick. It was my brother who picked that I told what happened

"After, I called my friends to help me get money from my mom so I can use it for my fees ahead of my admission. Along the line, she collapsed and slumped. I’m very remorseful and praying God to have mercy on me and government to forgive me.”

One of the accomplices, Peter Jideofor, a musician who confessed he was the one that tied the deceased mouth when she attempted to scream, said they would not have killed her if she had provided her pin number.

"He told me he had an issue with his step mother that I should help him extract N1m from her. It was around 2am, with my other guys. We tied her hands and feet,"e explained.

"When she wanted to shout, I personally tied her mouth. In the process, she stopped breathing. It was at that point I left because my mission was not to kill. When I was leaving, I told the guy to keep checking on her every 30minutes.

"But it was in the morning she told us that she’s dead. All of us were in shock and fled, but I stayed indoors until the day I was arrested.”

Jideofor, who claimed to be an orphan, regretted the act, saying it was his first experience.

"I must confess that I didn’t plan to kill her. I feel very guilty. This is my first time. I’m 24 years. We had planned to do transfer but she refused to provide the pin number."

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/11/how-20-year-old-man-connived-with-friends-to-kill-his-stepmother-in-anambra-over-n1million.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by ASAPFERG1: 12:59am On Nov 19, 2022
The billionaires have done it again grin grin grin grin grin grin

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Holybaddo: 1:02am On Nov 19, 2022
Animal in human form

But some grandmas can be a pain in the ass

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 19, 2022
1 million Naira shocked

Fela should blow the trumpet and end this world!

In as much as I don’t have facts, I am a strong believer that the devil also creates people same way God does.

You cannot tell me God created all on Earth. How do they eliminate that conscience and guilt? Kill someone cos of 1M…..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by triple996(m): 1:06am On Nov 19, 2022
na dem grin
Ndi biafra grin

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Creamypie(m): 1:19am On Nov 19, 2022
Our eastern brothers and neighbors

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Alexiiydon: 1:57am On Nov 19, 2022
First two people that comment above me are mentally derailed

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by ShoeWorld2(m): 2:14am On Nov 19, 2022
Evil criminals... Thank God they were caught.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by gambia(m): 3:42am On Nov 19, 2022
The society has gone to the dogs indeed.

3 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Freestainworld(m): 4:45am On Nov 19, 2022
They should be hanged, for those shouting Igbos, I hope your people don't commit crime too.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by adecz: 5:24am On Nov 19, 2022
Very funny and confusing how a
young chap has a father but is living
with a stepmother who he has now
plotted with friends to kill.

The mumu thinks that since he is now
regretting his actions, he should just be
forgiven to go home and continue his
life, as if na just somebody goat dem steal.
Dumb kids of nowadays don't understand
anything about life, but possess a mentality
of entitlement to good life without
doing any form of work❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

It's probably his waywardness that
prompted the stepmom to issue him
the quit notice.

Yeye, Amaka boy❗️❗️❌❌❌

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by HarlequinLekex: 10:14am On Nov 19, 2022
Crimes just full dis country like 100 years untreated dump hill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by HarlequinLekex: 10:14am On Nov 19, 2022
Laziness
is
the
root
of
all
evils

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Dapson73(m): 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
Another 4 Obituaries in detention during next year election. Minus 5 for Pandora including the deceased.

Rip to the step mother.

12 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by asanausana91: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2022
The land of the rising crime. I can't imagine the amount of crime that we will see in this country if Peter Obi win the election.
Don't vote for ipob terrorists.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by sreamsense: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
Are we going to say that majority of babies born in biafra land are potential criminal minded because they innovate crime like branded products? I think elders and governors in the south east should enforce morality, respect to elders and stop putting money above everything in life. No record of national and international crime that biafran has never broken in the world and always set new standard. When they complain Nigeria is not good, hard and bad? Who spoil Nigeria and destroy its image at national and international level through illegal drug activities, scamming, Ipob devilish activities and baby factories?

Every tribe in Nigeria has element of bad people, but Biafra land tops the least with wide margin. We need to find out why value system and morality collapse totally than any other region in Nigeria. It is the only people (in the name of Ipob) who kills themselves, innocent Igbos and rejoice that biafra is on course. It is the same people who label honest among them as saboteurs and before you know, they are killed or get their properties destroyed. Same set of people that think killing themselves is the only way they can prove a point to Buhari. Same set of people that think best thing to do is to destroy existing infrastructures in their midst first so that when biafra comes they can rebuild them back since they control oil that is far fading away. May God bring healing to the land and let the biafran be true land of rising-good tidings and not of crime any more

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by mytime24(f): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
Evil men

Do d time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by marlow1962(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
Imagine, for 1m wer no fit even buy corrola.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Angrygoat: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2022
Wtf is 1m,how much be 1m for dollar.poverty na bastaard.1m cant even buy tokunbor golf 3 sef.lai lai,unless na scrap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Humble333: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
Dapson73:
Another 4 Obituaries in detention during next year election. Minus 5 for Pandora including the deceased.

Rip to the step mother.
That's a very insensitive thing to say

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Neddstark: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
For money, they will do anything.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by angelfallz(m): 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
What an evil human being!

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Realists(m): 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
Igbo christians are at it again aka Obi-idiots aka Mkpurumiri cannibals. The Igbos are very evil minded when it comes to money, you underestimate them at your own peril.
What a lost to the community of audio billionaires & potential obi-idiots voters.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by Rainstormer: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu greed
Re: 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m by BATified2023: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
The only time u should let an Igbo man know u have money is when u are ready to die……..madzi 1941

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Pours Hot Water On Kid Housemaid (graphic Pics) / Scores Killed In Borno State By Boko Haram / We Targeted Politicians Who Stole Money – Hajia, Robbers’ Informant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.