Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,743 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi (22636 Views)

This Is A Fresh Video Of Tinubu’s Physical & Cognitive Decline - Reno Omokri / Fresh Video Evidence Of Bola Tinubu’s Cognitive Challenges Emerges - Reno Omokri / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Racoon(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2022
By Farooq A. Kperogi

Twitter: @farooqkperogi

Over the last few days, several video clips of Bola Tinubu’s disturbingly cringeworthy verbal mishaps during speaking engagements have flooded social media platforms and have caused me to wonder if we’re witnessing the real-time mental decline of Nigeria’s leading presidential candidate who could be president next year.

Because Tinubu has also been the victim of a well-coordinated blizzard of carefully designed falsehoods in the last few days, I wasn’t sure if the videos I saw were digitally manipulated to undermine him. So, I decided to look up the longer versions of the videos on YouTube on Friday before writing this column.

The clip that particularly provoked intense feelings of anxiety in me was one in which Tinubu momentarily departed from his prepared speech in Owerri, Imo State, on Thursday and spoke in a language that was neither English nor Yoruba, the only two languages he speaks.

I didn’t believe the clip was real, so I checked TVC News’ live feed of the event, which has been curated on YouTube. TVC News, as is well known, is Tinubu’s TV station, which has zero motivation to put him in an unflattering light.

At the 03:29 - 03:49 mark of TVC News’ curated YouTube video of Tinubu’s Owerri speech, he said, in praise of Plateau State Governor Lalong’s leadership of the APC presidential campaign council, “You see the innovation. If we lend ourselves to innovation, we can create wonders. Here is a successful, again, a townhall different from balabloo bloo blu bulaba.”

What was that? Balabloo bloo blu bulaba? I under-stand enough Yoruba to know that that isn’t Yoruba. I asked Igbo people if this was an approximation of something in the Igbo language since Tinubu was speaking in Imo. They said it was gobbledygook. Or was he speaking Goemai, the dominant language in Shendam where Governor Lalong is from? No chance. And he was certainly not speaking English.

This wasn’t one of Tinubu’s familiar dizzyingly incomprehensible verbal whirlwinds. It was pure, unmistakable gibberish. So, what happened? Was he in a momentary trance? Was this babytalk instigated by a stuporous, narcotized state? Or was it the public indication of a cognitive decline?

This is important because, whatever you may think about him, Tinubu is intelligent and used to be articulate up until 2019 or thereabouts. His speech impediments and cognitive decline started or became noticeable in early 2021.I first called attention to this in my April 10, 2021, column titled "Tinubu: A Presidential Disaster Waiting to Happen?”

I wrote: “Anyone who has watched Bola Ahmed Tinubu closely and dispassionately can’t help but notice that the man is not well. He is a walking psychedelic calamity. His endless verbal miscues and nonverbal cues constantly conspire to construct the profile of a man who is battling a troubling internal turmoil, who is held hostage by disablingly malefic inner demons.

“He appears to revel in his own self-created alternate universe that is always lightyears away from ours. When he speaks and walks, he strikes the observer as a man in a daze, in a cripplingly drunken or narcotic stupor.

He slurs his words, slacks his attention, blanks out, has awkward gaits (which caused him to trip at Arewa House in Kaduna recently), and seems impervious to the world around him. That, for me, is the outward manifestation of an inner turbulence.”

But spouting literal mumbo jumbo in the middle of a campaign speech is a whole nother level. This is a low-water mark of mental deterioration. Now, I am both worried for Nigeria and sorry for Tinubu. I don’t know what ails him— or if he’s merely the victim of the ravages of dotage—but the presidency would exert more stress on him and worsen his condition. Nigeria would be the worse for it.

Neither Umaru Musa Yar’adua nor Muhammadu Buhari was this evidently ill before ascendance to the presidency. Yar’adua died in office and Buhari is a caricature of his former self who started to shirk the responsibilities of governance to tend to his health from his second year in office. A sick country like Nigeria does not deserve that kind of double whammy of tragedies.

ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression Against Students

I understand that several members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) are hurting now because they haven’t been paid salaries for eight months and were only paid “half salaries” in October. I don’t want to add to their hurt. 

In fact, on October 20, I wrote “A Plea for the FG to Pay Lecturers” where I wrote, among other things, the following:

“I know many parents who say ASUU should be left to bear the consequences of its choices and that since students can never recover the time they lost when the union was on strike, lecturers shouldn't be paid for the time they didn't perform their primary duty: teach. 

“I understand the anger that motivates this sentiment but given what I know of the condition of several lecturers now, I'd like to plead with the federal government to, in the spirit of compassion, pay the lecturers, if not all of their eight months' pay, at least some of it.”

But newspapers reported yesterday that the Olabisi Onabanjo University branch of ASUU threatened that if the federal government should pay lecturers “withheld salaries or risk scuttled academic session.”

In several interventions, I’ve called this stance of ASUU an example of cowardly cruelty to helpless students. Canceling academic sessions, refusing to teach students, or frustrating the graduation of students who have already completed their studies because of anger toward the federal government for refusing to pay lecturers for the months they were on strike betrays both scandalous immorality and a disturbing deficiency of imagination. 

People in government with whom ASUU members are crossed don’t have children in public universities and won’t be hurt in the least by ASUU’s planned heart-lessness to students. We all know that students in public universities are almost all children of people who can neither afford private universities in Nigeria nor universities abroad. 
https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/11/tinubus-cognitive-decline-asuus.html?m=1

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Racoon(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2022
At the 03:29 - 03:49 mark of TVC News’ curated YouTube video of Tinubu’s Owerri speech, he said, in praise of Plateau State Governor Lalong’s leadership of the APC presidential campaign council, “You see the innovation. If we lend ourselves to innovation, we can create wonders. Here is a successful, again, a townhall different from balabloo bloo blu bulaba.”
This was a widely circulated video his urchins and miscreants here were insulting the sensibility of sane people calling it a doctored video.Nigeria can you imagine this is your president talking on a United Nation General Assembly, Commonwealth of Nations, African Union?

Always never believing in the truth because they dont want their illusions destroyed. Now, all these silly unpardonable gaffes upon gaffes are signs of a cognitively impaired and sick man, but these are what his urchins and miscreants will come and start explaining to insult our sensibility some more.

" Given these serial gaffes, it has become typical for a barrage of commentators to take up the job of explaining to the public what Tinubu really means when he uses what they describe as idioms, proverbs, and metaphors....

After eight years of Buhari's vacant, dementia-plagued presidency, the last thing Nigeria needs is another presidency that will double down on it, that would be conducted through dishonest press releases by presidential spokespersons, paid social media troll farms, and TV appearances by deviously mercenary mind managers.

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Racoon(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2022
I first called attention to this in my April 10, 2021, column titled "Tinubu: A Presidential Disaster Waiting to Happen?”

Anyone who has watched Bola Ahmed Tinubu closely and dispassionately can’t help but notice that the man is not well. He is a walking psychedelic calamity.

His endless verbal miscues and nonverbal cues constantly conspire to construct the profile of a man who is battling a troubling internal turmoil, who is held hostage by disablingly malefic inner demons.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by ShoeWorld2(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2022
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by PandoraObi: 7:21am On Nov 19, 2022
God bless jagaban Mazi Okechukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by PlayMaker14: 7:21am On Nov 19, 2022
PandoraObi:
God bless jagaban Mazi Okechukwu Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Speaking in tongues; "balabloo bloo blu bulaba.” Receive your healing.

193 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2022
The question I want to ask why APC never send old men like Tinubu to go defend him on national televisions
.why they look for young vibrant people ...like keyamo, and the rest

So if age is not important why not send pa akenda , why not send olu felae ?

Tinubu might be intelligent ( tho that's still debatable ) but the Tinubu that governed Lagos is gone ,and it's normal but asking the present Tinubu to come and rule Nigeria today is wickedness

213 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Racoon(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2022
TheSameGuy:
You have started again Chief Wailer.I know this is just a preamble, you'll soon flood here with your gibberishes
They are just plain wicked. They want to perpetuating corrupt old geriatrics in government just to continue plundering the carcass of this nation.

Meanwhile, hear them telling the same youth that a sickness- plagued Tinubu’s presidency will do youth good. How? Teaching them that a drug kingpin or baron can aspire and become the president of a nation? God forbid.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Penguin2: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2022
I’m still in awe why anybody will be supporting Tinubu.

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Goodday90(m): 7:29am On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu brain is failing
Somebody was even comparing the druggie to Biden on twitter,lol
Biden might be older than tinubu but tinubu’s brain have been damaged by excessive intake of white powdered substance

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2022
APC doesn't deserve your vote, they wooed you and impregnated you with 7kids and ran away..

They don't mean well for you

Atiku is coming

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by FrancescoFarino(f): 7:31am On Nov 19, 2022
here we go...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by BeardedMeat(m): 7:35am On Nov 19, 2022
grin

Baba wey no well.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Ekejoestar(m): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2022
You can only cover pregnancy for a short while but sooner than later, it will show for the whole world to see.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by wowcatty: 7:53am On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu this Tinubu that, he's still the best choice among the presidential candidates.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by wowcatty: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2022
E be like na your father you dey send on errands?
mrvitalis:
The question I want to ask why APC never send old men like Tinubu to go defend him on national televisions
.why they look for young vibrant people ...like keyamo, and the rest

So if age is not important why not send pa akenda , why not send olu felae ?

Tinubu might be intelligent ( tho that's still debatable ) but the Tinubu that governed Lagos is gone ,and it's normal but asking the present Tinubu to come and rule Nigeria today is wickedness

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by wowcatty: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2022
What is their request?

They shouldn't be paid if they didn't work.
Veramirabel:
Soo they have not cult off the strike
Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Macphenson: 8:05am On Nov 19, 2022
okooo
Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Noblechykk(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2022
wowcatty:
Tinubu this Tinubu that, he's still the best choice among the presidential candidates.
If you tell us that Shettima is the best choice, may be we will take you serious. If Tinubu wins, it's going to be Shettima calling the shots

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by sotall(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2022
cool

Expect more hits and bangers from APC Bulaba crooner.

You will laugh and laugh and almost forget that dollar is already doing 800 naira and above again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Antyislam: 8:24am On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu is just disgracing we the people of SW,

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Nightwolf1: 8:30am On Nov 19, 2022
grin This is what you will get after years of smoking cocaine and becoming a narcotics junkie grin

Balubaa blubaba

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Jalinspy(f): 8:31am On Nov 19, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by AntiBMC(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2022
Tinubu should be enjoying retirement by now....but no. He's relying on the short-lived kicks he gets from doing drugs to rule Nigeria. E no go work o

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by Great2017: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2022
wowcatty:
Certainly for you and your household

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by MasterJayJay: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2022
Following the recent exhibition by Tinubu, it is now very obvious to the blind, deaf and dumb that he's not fit. At his age, his is prone to some diseases. Why APC decided to choose him as a candidate, despite knowing his unfit state remains a topic for another day.

Tinubu said "A town hall meeting is different from Babablu, Bluubu Bulabu..."

Below are diseases linked to communication disorders in senior loved ones. Tinubu is probably suffering from either of these.

1. Alzheimer’s Disease

Alzheimer’s and related dementias can greatly hinder communication and understanding when areas of the brain responsible for comprehension and speech are damaged. While Alzheimer’s and most other common kinds of dementia are incurable and progressive, sometimes therapies can improve communication skills among people with the disease. Because Alzheimer’s is irreversible, however, people who are speaking with a loved one with the disease must be prepared to adapt their communication patterns to the situation. A recent article has a list of tips to help communicate with someone who is suffering from Alzheimer’s. For instance, nonverbal cues such as maintaining eye contact and smiling can be helpful when talking with a loved one with the disease.

2. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

ALS , also commonly referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, is a disabling, progressive disease that can cause difficulty speaking and swallowing, muscle atrophy and weakness. There is currently no cure for ALS and as the disease progresses, communication can become labored. Loved ones with ALS can work with occupational therapists and speech language-pathologists to mitigate speech problems, although they can they lose their ability to speak altogether.

3 Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Multiple sclerosis can cause difficulty with both speech and understanding. While MS is typically diagnosed before old age, it is a condition that many seniors live with. Problems with the swallowing reflex which are prevalent among people with MS can cause difficulty speaking, while cognitive problems associated with MS
can impede understanding. According to a study published on the NIH website, half of the people with MS have communication difficulty. The National MS Society has published an excellent guide to speech problems for MS patients and their loved ones, which includes a number of practical tips. For example, it suggests that people with MS who are struggling with their speech use a recorder to help themselves learn to correct their speech. The document also reminds family members to keep an eye out for communication problems in loved ones: “A person with MS may not notice his or her own speech problems. Many times a family member or physician brings it up.”

4. Parkinson’s Disease

Parkinson’s disease affects about 1% of seniors over 60 in the U.S. In people with Parkinson’s, damage to a region of the brain called the “basal ganglia” often causes speech problems.
These problems can manifest themselves as problems with articulation, reduced fluency and voice changes; although it’s usually not until the later stages of the illness that these problems can cause the sufferer to become unintelligible.
An NIH document describes three general treatments strategies for the speech problems caused by Parkinson’s:

https://www.aplaceformom.com/caregiver-resources/articles/ailments-that-impede-communication

The best thing APC can do now is to force Tinubu to step down. Because Tinubu will demarket APC with more embarrassments during the campaign.

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by MasterJayJay: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2022
grin
Na mkpurummiri. Seems BAT was intoxicated.
balabloo bloo blu bulaba

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by slivertongue: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2022
He is a walking psychedelic calamity. His endless verbal miscues and nonverbal cues constantly conspire to construct the profile of a man who is battling a troubling internal turmoil, who is held hostage by disablingly malefic inner demons.

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by techWriter1: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2022
I’m still in awe why Anyone will be supporting politicians

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi by ERCROSS(m): 10:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Bulaba grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Pays Condolence Visit To The Awolowos (Photo) / Burial Parade For DSP Mayowa Ojerinde At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos / Andrew Fleming & His Wife Wear Nigerian Attires As They Travel To Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.