Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs (921 Views)

My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs / Massive Python Bites US Zookeeper's Face As He Tries To Move Her Eggs (Photos) / My 4 Months Female Boerboel Just Died Now For know Reason. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by ApehJohn: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2022
Pls my fellow nairalanders in the house, I need advice on what to do; my turkey just died on the 14th day of incubating her eggs what do I do with the 12 eggs she left behind. I found her dead on top her eggs yesterday. Nobody know the cause of her dead she lay the eggs in a bush very close to my neighbor house.

1 Like

Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by dawnomike(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2022
ApehJohn:
Pls my fellow nairalanders in the house, I need advice on what to do; my turkey just died on the 14th day of incubating her eggs what do I do with the 12 eggs she left behind. I found her dead on top her eggs yesterday. Nobody know the cause of her dead she lay the eggs in a bush very close to my neighbor house.
Your turkey might have been beaten by a snake....
Pick up the eggs and take them to an hatchery... although by now, you might be able to save some

2 Likes

Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by Creamypie(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2022
ApehJohn:
possible it might have been bitten, pls take the eggs to hatcher close by and immediately

1 Like

Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by Mercury12(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2022
Sorry for your loss. If you have an incubator you could possibly hatch some of the eggs or make a research on how to build one with local materials around you. Do that quickly
Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by KingAzubuike(f): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
ApehJohn:
I experienced this last year. I was kinda confused. My own thought was it must have starved to death or probably dehydrated.

1 Like

Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by dijitossy(f): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
No its not snake bite, turkey is starve to death, next time you have a turkey sleeping on eggs make sure everyday you go to give food and make sure its eats i your presence

2 Likes

Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by ApehJohn: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Mercury12:
Sorry for your loss. If you have an incubator you could possibly hatch some of the eggs or make a research on how to build one with local materials around you. Do that quickly
Thank you very much for your concern. My neighbor replace the turkey eggs with one of her chicken's that is currently incubating her eggs. The chicken covered the turkey eggs properly. I hope it hatch some.
Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by ApehJohn: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
dijitossy:
No its not snake bite, turkey is starve to death, next time you have a turkey sleeping on eggs make sure everyday you go to give food and make sure its eats i your presence
Ok, noted in case of next time.
Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by ApehJohn: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2022
KingAzubuike:

I experienced this last year. I was kinda confused. My own thought was it must have starved to death or probably dehydrated.
My dear, I am confused as well.
Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2022
ApehJohn:

Most likely Snake bite
I’ve experienced same before has this turkeys won’t stay around the house to lay
Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by otuword: 5:20am On Nov 21, 2022
ApehJohn:

Thank you very much for your concern. My neighbor replace the turkey eggs with one of her chicken's that is currently incubating her eggs. The chicken covered the turkey eggs properly. I hope hatch some.
Am sorry for your loss, please I will need an update on this
Re: My Turkey Just Died On Top Her Eggs by blackbone989(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
It's not snake bike. They starve to death. They just sit on their eggs n don't eat. They stay for days n die there. Next time always take food there n water.

(1) (Reply)

50,000 Cash Available For Rottweiler / Standard Pedigree Boerboel Puppies / Watch Video Of 2 Dogs Kissing Publicly In Market This Is So Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.