Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,676 members, 7,851,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku (444 Views)

Moment Supporters Cheered Peter Obi As He Trekked To His Campaign Venue In Osun / Adesina: Buhari Almost Trekked To Cameroon Border From SE For Nigeria's Unity / Man who trekked to celebrate Buhari victory, treks to Abuja with APC casket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSm92sIXT-M

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday, shared his story as a young resident of Lagos State, describing himself as a Lagosian who knows virtually every part of the Centre of Excellence.

The 75-year-old said this during an interactive session at the Nigerian Guild of Editors in Lagos, where he was invited to discuss his plans for the country with regard to education, economy, security, and national unity, among others.

“I’ve lived in Lagos since 1969, married in Lagos. I was here when all the roads, bridges, and flyovers were built – in my presence. There is no part in Lagos I have not lived,” Atiku said.

The PDP candidate reeled off a list of Lagos neighbourhoods he resided in, including Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Aguda, and Anthony Village along Ikorodu Road.

“I saw Lagos being built, from the old Carter Bridge. I tell people that we used to trek from V.I. to 1 Brickfield Road, Ebute Metta on foot to attend classes and then go back on foot. So, I must let you understand, I’m a Lagosian.
Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by Christabeljenny: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2022
APC CHANGE for a better Nigeria
Tinubu Is the way forward
Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 19, 2022
Christabeljenny:
APC CHANGE for a better Nigeria
Tinubu Is the way forward
This must be a dangerous sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by Naijanascam: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Baba blue built lagos instead of Iragbiji

4 Likes

Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by Eriokanmi: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2022
I may not be in support of Atiku but I agree on this as someone who grew up in lagos like him. The 3rd mainland bridge and many roads were constructed in the 80s in lagos. I remember when Late Oba Oyekan was all smiles cos of the 3rd mainland bridge commissioning in those days. The below are the Lagos Governors who made lagos development happen during their time.

Pa Jakande...opened up Lekki Axis up to Epe. Built the largest housing estate in Africa without borrowing kobo and delivered it in less than 4 years. He started the much publicised lagos literail and promised to deliver in 8 years but Buhari's coup stopped him.

Air Commodore Gbolahan Mudashiru also did roads in Ikorodu and epe axis.

Commodore Mike Akhigbe...worked on road projects on Lagos mainland, island, including yaba

Brig. General Raji Rasaki worked hard at Mile 2, Mile 12 up to Alaba , Okoko etc.

Sir Michael Otedola( aka baba printer of shomolu). He owned a small printing press at shomolu in those days in which Femi Otedola was helping out after his secondary school education, before his dad got that contract connection which gave him a link with IBB at doddan barracks and the latter presented him as lagos gubernatorial candidate unopposed which he won. He also did his best in such a little time, starting from shomolu where he rose to stardom to bariga axis

Similarly, colonel Olagunsoye Oyinlola concentrated on Ojota, Ketu, Did roads on lagos island around Campus( upper campus) up to Igbosere, Ikoyi and VI axis

Col Buba Marwa ( aka , lagos boy). He grew up in Lagos as the son of a military corporal, married anti yemisi. He was also posted to serve in lagos. Marwa opened up the Alimosho, once a forest and less-developed area. He constructed the ayobo and popular AIT roads where gorilla was killed by one of the road workers one morning.. Marwa also opened up some parts of alausa, up to the CBD and built marwa gardens which was later changed to mko gardens.

Tinubu came, did his bits and later claimed all the glory of his predecessors as his personal efforts grin instead of coming straight to the people. Amazingly, none of his predecessors alive ever bragged of their achievements in Lagos. Lagos IGR wasn't up to what it is today when his predecessors did so much wonders with lagos revenues. Now that the IGR is in billions on paper, what have we seen? Fashola even outperformed him and it was because he didn't agree with tinubu on certain terms which was why he wanted to remove him during his 2nd term bid.

Ambode came and opened our eyes with projects. He made us believe lagos could actually get more with the available resources. He cut tinubu off totally. For the first time in 30 years, lagos recorded budget surplus. In fact, what ambode achieved in less than 4 years, tinubu didn't achieve in his 8 years as lagos governor. It was jeun soke, ko tun jeun sapo everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by PointZerom: 9:31am On Nov 19, 2022
Naijanascam:
Baba blue built lagos instead of Iragbiji

Blu Blu bulaba grin grin

1 Like

Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by waterpouroverfl: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2022
Bb
Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by DrAkpamudehe: 11:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Babablu
Re: Liar Tinubu: I Trekked To School At Ebute Metta When Tinubu Built Lagos- Atiku by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Babablu

This is serious.

(1) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal Reveals What Tinubu Said About Southeast Before APC Primaries / Tinubu's Greatest 'hits'. / Bode George Was Right. Tinubu Is A Big Thief. Now He Has Stolen Someone's ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.