Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? (3033 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by kokogee: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2011
Hypocrisy may never leave Nigerians in yrs to come. The truth is that if u want to defraud a Nigerian, just tell him/her that u see vision on what the person should do in order to break thru and u'r a success!

Churches have become business entities where pastors buy expensive cars and private jets. Everyday, ppl are establishing churches and fooooooolish Nigerians go there for miracle during which they'r defrauded of the little cash they have. After this, they'r advised not to struggle that God would meet them at their point of needs.

The most devilish ppl are those u find in the churches because they have money by ruining ppl's lives.

IT SHOULD RATHER BE WORK AND BACK IT WITH PRAYERS; NOT PRAY AND SLEEP EXPECTING MIRACLES
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by kokogee: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2011
Nwamama1:

I always PRAY for my country (Nigeria) and I will continue to do that, I believe just ONE DAY my GOD will surprise us all.
(Shout Amen if you believe it). O GA EME UNU BAAM NA ANYA.

We shouted AMEN and Nigeria power supply dropped by 1,000MW , so u need to change strategy grin
http://lindaikeji..com/2011/08/power-supply-drops-by-1000mw.html
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by didoflex(m): 10:57am On Aug 26, 2011
We are just too obsessed with the supernatural!

I wonder why with all the numerous churches and mosques on every street and corner, people are still suffering !!

God has given man the ability to think rationally! We haven't used this ability properly unlike others.

Ask the Europeans, the Chinese etc how they developed their countries, through prayer??

I DON'T THINK SO! angry
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by atasteve: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2011
I prayed for Nigeria this morning, I BELIEVE that THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT LOVES NIGERIA.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Witi(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2011
While you close your eyes praying for NIgeria, some idiots will keep their eyes wide open looting our treasury, Adura Ko Prayer NI
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Pukkah: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2011
Religion is the opium of the masses. The rich and powerful know the truth. Keep on praying. Has any country ever ascribed its success and attainment of development to only prayers?

Follow the well-known principles of success, which God has made available to everybody through the use of brains, and stop lazily expecting miracles through 'just prayers'.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Pukkah: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2011
Nwamama1:

I always PRAY for my country (Nigeria) and I will continue to do that, I believe just ONE DAY my GOD will surprise us all.
(Shout Amen if you believe it). O GA EME UNU BAAM NA ANYA.

So why has God not surprised Nigerians and all the other suffering people on earth? It's just plain convenient and lazy to put everything at God's door-step instead of rolling up our sleeves to work the way successful countries have done.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by 9jafreak: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2011
[size=16pt]Nigeria will never experience any sustainable progressive change until RELIGION is removed from our National Consciousness" [/size]

---O.S. Emmanuel
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Pukkah: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2011
9jafreak:

[size=16pt]Nigeria will never experience any sustainable progressive change until RELIGION is removed from our National Consciousness" [/size]

---O.S. Emmanuel

Religion has not been able to solve the problem anyway.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by tushutt(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2011
Witi:

While you close your eyes praying for NIgeria, some idiots will keep their eyes wide open looting our treasury, Adura Ko Prayer NI
grin grin grin grin grin
Pray with your eyes open then cool cool
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by BodyKiss(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is the kind of topic you see up-front when you have a chicken brain as moderator.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by POTUT(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
I pray for Nigeria, but Nigeria is not a nation yet! It is just a clearing of land where the largest concentration of black people have been dumped, and they are groping in darkness, wondering what they are doing on this massive clearing of land.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
pray, yes, but we should not leavethose things we shoulddo ourselve to prayers, for faith without work is dead. Prayer wont do our roads, wont creat employment. God has created and its left fo us to do our path else, nothing will happen even if we turn Elijah to bring fire to consume bad roads, poor leaders n other. Lets do our pat and God will be glorified, He is sad seeing us suffering.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by oohunt: 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Before we can change in this country, every single individual needs to change. Prayer is as well very important because it gives us hope. But we still need to change ourselves in our own little way in our everyday lives - by changing our ways to be better, refuse to be greedy, refuse to hate the other person, refuse to do anything that would cause the other person harm and hardship directly or indirectly, love each, forgive each other, that's a start. Maintaining this culture is another hardwork on it's own. Oyibo people are able to do these and move forward because they have laws that guide them. Nigeria does not enforce it's laws the way it should. Since we don't have that structure are we going to fold our hands and wait forever for who to effect a change? That is why we have to do it ourselves, each of us needs to step-up and say enough is enough.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Abayomin70(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
i keep prayin and my president,house of assembly,my humble senate,my govnors and even counselo kip on stilin d fuckin money
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by martinosi: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
THIS VIDEO IS REAL PRAYER BY A PERSON THAT KNOWS GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST

THIS GUY COMMANDS A LEG TO GROW IN JESUS NAME AND IT STARTS GROWING!!!

WHAT THE VIDEO ESPECIALLY FROM 6.29Min

THEN HE TELLS SOMEBODY WATCHING TO DO THE SAME THING AND IT DOES,

ITS NOT ABOUT ANYONE ITS ABOUT WHAT GOD HAS SAID IN HIS WORD!

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o_YuLoB-oI&feature=related[/flash]
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
"orile ede Nigeria yi, olohun ma je o baje, ba wa tun orile ede wa se, awon olori wa ba wa to won sona'(God, this country don't let it spoil, help us repair it, guide our leaders) is a common line whenever our parents are doing prayers, generally. And learning from them, it has remained an integral line in our own prayer lines too, anytime I have time to reach that level(after all the personal requests  cheesy) before stopping the prayer.

When last did I reach that level? Can't remember, but a month ago may be too long.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by quinne25: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2011
All we nid 2 do is pray 4 nigeria! We one n dnt knw we ll want 2 kill ourslves!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by prayNaija: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nice Posting! I pray always for this nation! please find me at www.pnggroup .99k. org to join us in prayer for the greatness of this nation - Pray Nigeria to greatness Group PNGGroup is a non political, non ethnic, non tribal group but a christian faith base sodiers who believe that Nigeria's problems could be handled more by prayer to the creator of mankind.

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by femib26(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nigeria does not need prayers, Nigerians do!!!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
Everyday, I pray it breaks up!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by tefund(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2011
prayer without sacrifice will not save us, God doesnot not work for,he works with you
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Image123(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
i don't think there's any countRy in the world that's not being prayed for, and that doesn't need prayers. But prayers work with other factors. In this case, factors such as righteousness, sincerity, earnestness and hardwork. These are factors that are barely available in Nigeria. Still sha, pray on o.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by nsodo: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
There is no single day which passes without Presenting Nigeria before God with all the problems it has like Kidnapping People like Mikel Obis Father, Booming s in the Different states and so many other ills. I personally pray for Nigeria every single day which passes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Something Wrong With Benny Hinn's Official Facebook Account / Watch And Pray For Southern (CADUNA) SOLDIER'S WAY / Where Do People Go When They Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.