Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? (3032 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Toonice(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2011
When Last Did U Pray For Nigeria?

Many think that Nigeria can never be prosper again. while some people can not do without praying for Nigeria anyda.

Ask urself this Quetion When last did i pray for Nigeria?
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2011
A few seconds ago. Not so much as pray, but i wished her freedom from the grip of debilitating religious dogmas she is in right now and a quick return to good health.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by harakiri(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2011
I guess advanced countries like the US,UK,EU and several asian countries got to where they are today through "ceaseless prayers". Leichestein is rated as the most non-religious country in the world and yet, they have one of the best economies,per capita income and next to zero crime rate. Their plants and animals have MORE RIGHTS than the average Nigerian. Compare that with Nigeria that easily passes as the most religious in the world,churches and prayer houses are almost as plenty as residential houses and yet, where are they today? It's getting worse by the day and the people are prayinh harder like demented souls. When will my people wake up? When will they learn?
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by vedaxcool(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2011
^
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Standard atheist mediocre response! always seeing issues in a myopic lens indeed!

Allah would not change the situation of a people unless they change that which is themselves, look around and ask yourself how changed Nigerians actually are!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by manakeagie: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2011
I pray for Nigeria every day because i love it , it is our Nation , I love it deeply.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by aniffy4eva(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2011
The 3 plagues of the Nigerian mind -

1) Excessive supernaturalism.
2) Undue Anachronism.
3) Unnecessary Authoritarianism.

Excessive supernaturalism - excessive belief in the doctrine of supernatural  or divine agency as manifested in the world, in human events, religious revelation, etc. (even when application of the human mind would solve the problem)  

Undue Anachronism - a person, a custom or an idea that seems old-fashioned and doesn't belong to the present. We just can't seem to get rid of old ideas  undecided

Unnecessary Authoritarianism - favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority  as opposed to individual freedom. We would rather be told what to do and be accepted by the fold than try to express our individuality (and be different ). grin

By the time you add all these together, you wont wonder why Nigeria is where she is.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2011
vedaxcool:

^
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Standard atheist mediocre response! always seeing issues in a myopic lens indeed!

Allah would not change the situation of a people unless they change that which is themselves, look around and ask yourself how changed Nigerians actually are!

What is this deluded man writing here?. . .Allah has nothing to do with anything because he is imaginary. . .Prayers to Allah has NEVER and will NEVER make any nation properous. . .We have some Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran that are supposed to be countries that live by the Islamic sharia law of Allah, how properous are these nations compared to other secular and non religious nations out there?. . . .Nigerians can ONLY developed when we drop our superstitious beliefs in prayers and do what we are supposed to do to help our selves. Anything that man needs to be done must be done by man himself. . .No God/Gods has every made any society to prosper. . .Prayers to Allah is a waste of time. . .

I understand these feelings you're basing your beliefs on.  You want it to be true, therefor it must be true.   grin grin

Unfortunately, there are those of us who prefer to live in the real world, the here and now. . . We don't waste our time praying for an end to cancer, we research ways to cure it.  We don't ask our imaginary friend or slave master to feed the starving people all over the world, we grow them food.  We see the soldiers fighting and dying for their country or for a good course, and we don't pray for their safety or for any God to be with them or protect them, we get them more armor to protect them and superior fire power to face their enemies.  By the way how has praying to Allah ever helped any society develop?. . .
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by harakiri(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2011
@mazaje, abeg leave dat guy jare. He probably prayed his way through school,prayed to get a job,prayed for boko haram to stop the senseless killing and prayed for the "good governance" we see today. So much for his prayers. He'll probably request for his Imam to pray for him instead of heading to the hospital when he's critically ill. The loonies on nairaland sef. Na wa ooo!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

@mazaje, abeg leave dat guy jare. He probably prayed his way through school,prayed to get a job,prayed for boko haram to stop the senseless killing and prayed for the "good governance" we see today. So much for his prayers. He'll probably request for his Imam to pray for him instead of heading to the hospital when he's critically ill. The loonies on nairaland sef. Na wa ooo!

I tire for the guy jare. . .He is always going around spewing NONSENSE ALL the time, yet he is always quick to declear that others are mediocre,when he is the epitome of the word. . .
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by GMcompere: 6:32am On Aug 26, 2011
No doubt I believe in Prayers because the scriptures asked us to pray for our nation and those in authority
But what most Christians do is stop at praying alone which is very terrible. we all sit down in the comfort of our homes and churches and expect prayer to work alone.

It wont happen like that, as we pray we also need to engage in all aspect of the society and show forth the light Christ gave to us in all our endeavors.  Let everyone stand firm and live a righteous life not only in church but also in the corporate market place and society in general.

lets be involved, speak, act, do the right thing, stop driving against the traffic, etc and even when you see someone doing the wrong thing, correct in love. Dont be a hypocrite.

Lets dare to be different and not just holy.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by RickyRoss1(m): 6:58am On Aug 26, 2011
Praying for Nigeria is one thing and being honest with ourselves is another.
Most Nigerians are too religious, you pray and fast this minute, the next minute you are already doing one bad thing or another.

The rich/western countries dont have time for God but their economies are very sound and their citizens are very reliable and trustworthy. But here in Nigeria we use the name of God to steal. So many people go to church these days to kidnap and steal even mobile phones.

Dont get me wrong i believe in the power of prayer and I do pray for Nigeria, but we all need to change our ways to move this country forward. If you like let the whole nation go into fasting and prayer nothing will happen till we REPENT COMPLETELY.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by BABE3: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2011
HA. E don tey o. December 31, 2010--- New year's Eve Vigil; when Pastor ******* "threw" the 9ja prayer point at us.

I pray for world peace though.

That Joint called Nigeria needs more than Prayers. No be us sabi pray pass? See the country; as grody as ever.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 7:59am On Aug 26, 2011
Too much talk about praying for nigeria and too little talk about paying taxes, utility bills and obeying all laws of the land. This is why we struggle in this country!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 26, 2011
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by lagcity(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2011
pray 4 nigeria my butt. u want me to pray for a country where 90% of the youth chase after blackberry and gucci instead of thinking seriously about their future and the country's future.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by BABE3: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2011
omo_to_dun:

When I was in Nigeria, we had this neigbor called mama Titi. Chei, if dis woman start to dey pray, you go piss your pants. Kai, she go say, "Oluwaaaaaa ooooooooo", "Ogun orun oooooooooooo", "Baba gbewon de, gbogbo awon ota idile, awon aje, awon oso, bami gbewon de." Then she will switch to English, "My Lord and my Father, you have said that He that is in me is greater than He that is in the world. . ."

LOL-- You're trip! I miss those kind of prayers. Awon Prayer kabiti-kabiti. Awon Adura nla nla-- Sometimes the thing go even turn to Epe/correct curse! E.g, "Oriburuku o ni scarce nile awon ota!" Funny ish fam!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2011
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by claremont(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2011
@OP: On the contrary, I will argue that the ceaseless and irrational rants called prayers which most Nigerians have indulged in over the years has played a major role in the decadence and lack of economic development we have in our society today. Any elementary sociologist will know that religion in a society has been shown to be negatively correlated with societal development i.e. the more religious a society is, the lesser it's people can develop economically. The twin evils of religion and corruption massively prevalent in Nigeria are not mutually exclusive, but rather, they go hand-in-hand as causative viruses responsible for bringing about the disease!
To say that the average religious Nigerian goes about ranting like mad elves is actually a dishonour to elves!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2011
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by marcus1234: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2011
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by BABE3: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2011
OTD

MFM and CAC? Those joints are correct. Ati epe, ati adura ni won fi n fire!

I don't blame people for praying the way they do though. Na condition wey make crayfish bend. You know why I said that? On a normal day, Compare the NORMAL prayers of a typical poor person in Naija to the prayers of a typical rich person-- I'm not saying rich folks no get problems o. You should get what I'm saying.

Ti poverty ba ti doju e, people start releasing venoms and curses instead of Prayers. Plus, a good number of Nigerian Christians beleive  witches and all sorts are responsible for their problems. That's why they never fail to include them in their prayers.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Greenpro: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2011
Yesterday at the church. Though, i was not happy praying for the nation and the President, but i still did.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Tjluv: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2011
I believe in prayers,but i've given up on Nigeria. Prayers is not what Nigeria needs,everybody needs a change of attitude.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2011
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by BBDelta(m): 9:36am On Aug 26, 2011
Prayers, we will always prayer for Nigeria, As you do the spiritual work, always expects that there are also a lot of physical manifestations to be carried out. You don't crush in bed, when other countrie's Government officials are awaking and planning with the lastest technology on how to improve their performance. So Pray and prayer would work.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Geomel: 9:42am On Aug 26, 2011
You wont know who an who is praying for Nigeria,but their are people out there who is praying for Nigeria,we know God almighty we take this country to the next level by fire in Jesus name.AMEN
www.web4lagos.com
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by kizito96(m): 9:49am On Aug 26, 2011
Praying for Nigeria to be what? God owes us nothing, he has given us all we need in this Country, are we praying that the price of oil should go up so that people continue to loot or what?
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Yinkay: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2011
Prayer without work,that is our problem. We pray a lot but don't work towards achieving our yearnings rather we expect miracles,manna from heaven,parting of the Red sea without us sweating.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2011
Seriously do people still do that? I mean pray?

Damn! TOP LEVEL IGNORANCE! cry cry cry
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by juman(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2011
Well, prayer not bad sha.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by badmrkt(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2011
everyday,but nufin seems to change.i'd save my prayers for a more important issue instead wink
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Nigeria? by Nwamama1: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2011
I always PRAY for my country (Nigeria) and I will continue to do that, I believe just ONE DAY my GOD will surprise us all.
(Shout Amen if you believe it). O GA EME UNU BAAM NA ANYA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yet Another Blood Moon: Repent Now, We Are Close To That Day!!!! / Something Wrong With Benny Hinn's Official Facebook Account / Atheist Are Right After All.my Eyes Have Open!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.