Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Can U Solve My Riddle? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Can U Solve My Riddle? (1344 Views)

Answer My Riddle-who Or What Is Michael / Get 'high' And Solve My Riddles Everybody / Logical Problem (can U Solve It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
here it is:

you are supposed to travel for an urgent meeting and you have to pass through a bridge, on that bridge lives a mad man who sleeps and wakes up every 60 secs and he does not allow anybody to pass the bridge, if he wakes up and find out that you have crossed him, he would chase you back. now the bridge is the shortest and only means for you to get to your destination. how do you attend the very important meeting

wink
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Pathos(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2007
I will take flight grin
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2007
silly, dont you read, i said that is your only means of transportation. am sorry to ask but did u go to school? undecided
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Genial(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
brownsilk:

silly, don't you read, i said that is your only means of transportation. am sorry to ask but did u go to school? undecided

You are unncecessarily abrasive for someone who wants a riddle answered.

I do not quite see the point in your riddle. You did not mention anything about the length of the bridge or how long it takes to cross. Indeed, you do not mention whether driving is allowed. Unless the mad man drives a car as well (or perhaps he can fly), I fail to see how he can chase anyone back across the bridge on foot. You leave a lot of room for assumptions.

Be that as it may, I assume that if you are no longer on the bridge, then the mad man cannot chase you back. Therefore the answer to your "riddle" is to cross over while he is asleep, provided your journey takes 59 seconds at the most.

Perhaps you would like to clarify your riddle.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Migines(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2007
@genial
i agree wid u. Brownsilk shuld av given d means of transportation.
If it waz rily urgent, believe me even if i waz on foot, it 30secs i wuld b out of sight.
Jst 4 d record, dis aint no riddle, diffrent ppl av different nd posible solutions.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
@genial,
a simple question does not require such an "oyibo grammer answer" \

by the way, around the bridge is an ocean which would take you 10days to get to your destination, in the question i said the bridge was the only possible way to get to your meeting on time cos it was goin to hold in the very next 1hr and it would take u 30mins to cross the bridge. angry
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Genial(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
brownsilk:

@genial,

by the way, around the bridge is an ocean which would take you 10days to get to your destination, in the question i said the bridge was the only possible way to get to your meeting on time because it was goin to hold in the very next 1hr and it would take u 30mins to cross the bridge. angry

brownsilk:

here it is:

you are supposed to travel for an urgent meeting and you have to pass through a bridge, on that bridge lives a mad man who sleeps and wakes up every 60 secs and he does not allow anybody to pass the bridge, if he wakes up and find out that you have crossed him, he would chase you back. now the bridge is the shortest and only means for you to get to your destination. how do you attend the very important meeting

wink
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2007
the mad guy sleeps at the very middle ofthe bridge. he practically lives there
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Genial(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2007
brownsilk:

@genial,

by the way, around the bridge is an ocean which would take you 10days to get to your destination, in the question i said the bridge was the only possible way to get to your meeting on time because it was goin to hold in the very next 1hr and it would take u 30mins to cross the bridge. angry

No, you did not say so. Please see below. When you are done with modifying your "riddle" perhaps I shall have another go.

brownsilk:

here it is:

wink
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2007
you have to go for a very imp meeting, the only possible route totake was a bridge, on that bridge lives a mad man who sleeps and wakes up every 60 secs, he doesnt let anyone past him, that is u can not cross him but that still remains the only way to get to the meeting. now, around the bridge is a mighty ocean which would take u 10 days and your meeting starts in the next one hour, it only takes 30mins to get past thebridge. no transportation or whatsoever, just foot.

note: the mad guy sleeps andwakes up every 60 secs and he lives on the bridge

ta :Dta
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2007
you have to go for a very imp meeting, the only possible route totake was a bridge, on that bridge lives a mad man who sleeps and wakes up every 60 secs, he doesnt let anyone past him, that is u can not cross him but that still remains the only way to get to the meeting. now, around the bridge is a mighty ocean which would take u 10 days and your meeting starts in the next one hour, it only takes 30mins to get past thebridge. no transportation or whatsoever, just foot.

note: the mad guy sleeps andwakes up every 60 secs and he lives on the bridge
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Migines(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
BULLSHIT!!!
Dis "riddle" is not reasonable.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2007
fine, just do me a favor and dont answer it.
thanks
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Migines(m): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2007
U're welcome
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2007
hey migines, are u male or female?
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Migines(m): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2007
Wot doz it mada?
I'm male
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Genial(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2007
1. Be equipped with a reliable chronometer/stop clock and fieldglasses/binoculars.
2. Also get a harness with a strong fastening bit and reliable rope (about 1.5 m) and wear soft comfortable shoes.
3. Your harness must be fastened at all times during your bridge crossing and the rope must be attached to it, ready for use.
4. Approach the entrance to the bridge.
5. Using your binoculars, observe the mad man for three minutes. During this time synchronise your stop clock with his sleep/wake cycle to the greatest possible precision.
6. As soon as he falls asleep, start running across the bridge. After 50 seconds, stop.
7. Throw the rope over the side of the bridge and slide over in your harness. You should come to a rest about 1 m below the bridge surface, making you invisible from the bridge. Remain this way for 10 seconds.
8. Holding on to the side of the bridge and the rope, lift yourself onto the side of the bridge and over into the bridge.
9. Continue your journey.
10. Make sure you time your run so as not to stop too close to the mad man at any time.
11. The journey should take you no more than 30 minutes to complete.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by kulex2k1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2007
simple, we know i want to cross to the other side  and the mad man wakes up after every 60secs so i'll time myself and run pass the mad man and before the 60 secs is exhausted say between 50- 59 secs i turn around and start running back to where i was coming from most definately the mad man would wake up at the 60th sec and see me running pass him ( remember i have turned around b4 the 60secs and start running back to my original position) so the foolish mad man would send me back not knowing i was coming i really wanted to get to that direction he is sending me back to.

so i'll just smile and get to my meeting early!

HEHEHEHE
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Migines(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
@brownsilk
i replied u on my "man nd wife thread"
@genial
kool
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2007
@genial, u must be a genius to have that kind of answer but i am sorry, its wrong

@kulex, thats the correct answer, u got it going
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Genial(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2007
My answer is not wrong.

It is the height of intellectual arrogance to assume that if an outcome is not what you expected, it must be wrong. If you can point out what is wrong with my answer, you would be well on the way to justifying such an egregious pronouncement.

You discountenance the expenditure of energy involved in kulex's answer.
More importantly, you did not consider the important element of timing. If you did not observe and synchronise your time with the mad man's, how would you know when he started to sleep? And do not tell me you can see him - for a bridge that takes 30 minutes to cross on foot, it is nigh impossible to see from outside the bridge, whether a man lying in the middle is asleep or awake, assuming you can even see the man.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by Migines(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2007
Genial i fear u o
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by marlet01(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ brownsilk

Why not give us your own answer.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by mishoo(m): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
Kulex answer is the standard answer but Genial's anwer is also practicable in a developed world !!
Kudos to both of you. Una dey try jo !!
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2007
genial, we are not talking physics here, this is just a riddle ok, no hard feelings pls.

the ans goes thus:

you take your time and walk to where the mad guy is, time him and make sure u get there when he is sleeping (he does not let anybody past him). you wait until he wakes up, when he is up, u simply turn around and go back the way u came, he would assume you have passed him, he would call you back and send you the other way, which is the way you wanted to go.

thats the answer.
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by seunniji(m): 12:19am On Aug 24, 2007
brownsilk >>>NICE ONE I NEVER WANT TO PARTICIPATE COS I DONT KNOW IT BUT NOW I SEE ITS GREAT grin
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by boraddo(m): 12:47am On Aug 24, 2007
genial, i feel u, but did u really expect the answer to be that complex ?
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by djcrooky(m): 1:41am On Aug 24, 2007
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MOVE BACKWARDS, AND WHEN HE WAKE UP HE WOULD THINK YOU ARE COMING FROM THE OTHER END AND ASK YOU TO GO BACK.
PROBLEM SOLVED
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2007
thanks guys smiley
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by clemcykul(f): 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2007
DJCROOKY You GOT IT WRIGHTTTTTTTTTTTT AGAIN grin grin grin grin grin

WOA no one could have had a better answer____even brownslik does not have the kirrect answer to his joke!

ANS= simply use the bridge while the ONYE ARA is asleep, when he wakes up

u pretend as if u want to cross the bride back, so he'll think u want cross over to the other path--------that way he doesnt realize he has chased u to your destination grin grin grin

shikena! grin as for u djcrooky i'll take u out for a 'pic in the nic' kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can U Solve My Riddle? by brownsilk(f): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2007
uh guys, clemcy i did not even understand your own answer. anyway suit yourself. am outta here tongue grin

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do? / Are You Bored / Breaking News! Yar'adua Finally Dies . . See Link And Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.