Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name (1951 Views)

"My Wife Walked Out Of This Accident Without A Single Scratch" / Bringing My Wife To UK As Soon As Possible / Nigeria’s Aviation Sector: Any Need For Government Participation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by sodiqkolawole: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
Guys, is there any need for my wife to do Change of Name to benefit as dependant/spouse?

We have court registry certificate and her passport carry her father's name.

Note: For traveling purpose.
Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by ModestGal(f): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
sodiqkolawole:
Guys, is there any need for my wife to do Change of Name to benefit as dependant/spouse?

No need

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Buharidgeneral: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
ModestGal:

No need

Why?
Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by dawnomike(m): 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
sodiqkolawole:

There's surely a need for that...
She has to get a new passport bearing her new name as well.
Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Localordinary: 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
Yes there is need especially for migration. Its better to have her new name on her new passport

sodiqkolawole:

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by sodiqkolawole: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2022
ModestGal:

No need

Do you have such experience before?
Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by sodiqkolawole: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2022
dawnomike:

Is it a must? Is there no ways around it? She didn't do news paper publication.
Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Gbagura: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2022
Ask her to change or how do you explain different names as couple to the embassy? To avoid long story, she needs to bear your name.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by dawnomike(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
sodiqkolawole:

Is it a must? Is there no ways around it? She didn't do news paper publication.
There's no other way. She had to go and do newspaper publication and swear and affidavit for her change of name. The earlier the better

NB: You can still scale thru d visa interview bearing different names... But, it is better to do the change of name to avoid stories sha
Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Hopez456(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
sodiqkolawole:

I am currently in same dilemma as the op. I don't fancy the idea of women taking up their hubby's name after marriage, it's nonsense as far as I'm concerned.
Modifying her NIN in order to renew int'l passport with new name is a hard nut for us right now .

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Thimmy8: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Please there is no need for her to change her name,do not put yourself into unnecessary problem. The only document you need to prove that you're legally married is your marriage certificate, that's all. Your MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE is all you need�
You can also go through Uloma Chukwuma page on Facebook,she made a post on it. She has been in the UK for about 10 years with her husband without doing any change of name.
sodiqkolawole:

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Thimmy8: 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
Your MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE is all you need. There is no need for any change of name whatsoever.
Hopez456:
I am currently in same dilemma as the op. I don't fancy the idea of women taking up their hubby's name after marriage, it's nonsense as far as I'm concerned.
Modifying her NIN in order to renew int'l passport with new name is a hard nut for us right now .

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by Thimmy8: 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
There is absolutely no need for change of name. The MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE is all they need to prove that they are legally married
dawnomike:

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Need For My Wife To Do Change Of Name by ednut1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
sodiqkolawole:

no need. The marriage certificate shows you are married.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

World Class Scam: Man Fools, Swindles 7,000 Nigerians Over Canadian Visa / Coventry/wolverhampton University? / 6 Things To Know Before Touring West Africa By Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.