Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like (3026 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Schools Abroad That Accept HND / My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2022
One thing I'll never understand is why Nigerian people on social media say things like "you think people migrate just because of Money?" Be reminded that these set of people borrowed up to #20M and sold all properties to fund their relocation o. If money isn't the only reasons I'm in the west, what else? You think I like the loneliness, cold and the grumpy feelings of missing people, food, culture I left back home? Most of y'all think abroad is as rosy as you are made to believe by the media.

One thing I also noticed is that people say things like this when they get to abroad and notice that making money and saving large part of that money is not as easy as they thought, then you see them saying "I relocate to make a better Life for my unborn kids" not to enjoy or make money. I just tell them shut up bro, we all know how it works

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by incandescentena: 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
Osewa03:
One thing I'll never understand is why Nigerian people on social media say things like "you think people migrate just because of Money?" Be reminded that these set of people borrowed up to #20M and sold all properties to fund their relocation o. If money isn't the only reasons I'm in the west, what else? You think I like the loneliness, cold and the grumpy feelings of missing people, food, culture I left back home? Most of y'all think abroad is as rosy as you are made to believe by the media.

One thing I also noticed is that people say things like this when they get to abroad and notice that making money and saving large part of that money is not as easy as they thought, then you see them saying "I relocate to make a better Life for my unborn kids" not to enjoy or make money. I just tell them shut up bro, we all know how it works
If you ain't in Prison, then you come back to Naija and stay with bubu for the rest of this tenure before Obi rescue you in 2023

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by HarlequinLekex: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
Jakpa is for those who know what they are doing and not shouting jakpa up and down.
Majority of those who jakpaed on relocation is for their unborn kids.
Those who jakpaed with the aim of "I wan go hustle," only few of them make it because they don't have plans and also don't know how the system works [they were deformed because they were not informed].
Those that said things were not rosy as expected are the ones that abroad didn't favoured [they went to face the real reality].
Those who jakpaed and made it in abroad don't come online to tell their stories.

17 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by HarlequinLekex: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
jakpa 101 is meant for those who know what they are doing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
incandescentena:
If you ain't in Prison, come back to Naija and stay na

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by duduade: 1:43am On Nov 20, 2022
Na that for my unborn kids talk dey always annoy me

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

I made it clear in a post i made that you cannot quantify the life in abroad with money. What is 20 million when your kids are schooled free of charge in a standard international school? What is 20 million when your wife can give birth free of charge in a standard international hospital? What is 20 million when you are given 3 million by the govt to pay for energy? What is 20 million when you can travel to any part of the world. I think you should direct your queries to the useless govt in Nigeria. When ikpeazu governor of abia state came to uk he was standing inside a bus like a 70 year old man but tell him to provide free bus services he would tell you whether people who have money take buses.
In abroad they designed the system not to be cash and carry but to live your dreams. If you want cash bring innovation that would solve problems.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by ahiboilandgas: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

I made it clear in a post i made that you cannot quantify the life in abroad with money. What is 20 million when your kids are schooled free of charge in a standard international school? What is 20 million when your wife can give birth free of charge in a standard international hospital? What is 20 million when you are given 3 million by the govt to pay for energy? What is 20 million when you can travel to any part of the world. I think you should direct your queries to the useless govt in Nigeria. When ikpeazu governor of abia state came to uk he was standing inside a bus like a 70 year old man but tell him to provide free bus services he would tell you whether people who have money take buses.
In abroad they designed the system not to be cash and carry but to live your dreams. If you want cash bring innovation that would solve problems.
how about the risk of child turning gay and secular. Can you see okupe crying .

4 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by AnitaofEurope: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
So children don’t turn gay in Nigeria?
I laugh in Swahili

5 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
na that one be your problem?

4 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by sihamey: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

@bolded those who retired back to Nigeria after staying abroad for 20 years did not see them WOW another cock and bull story

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by pocohantas(f): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2022
duduade:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by ahiboilandgas: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
culture is pricelss .how do explain to the kid when the state approve 2 men to Wed in a church ! Or where weed smoking is now legal .This are the disadvantage too but advantage too .free good public school .healthcare system etc
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by ahiboilandgas: 10:58am On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
I will be heart broken if my kid turn gay in the west after I have struggle to take them there and he probably supported by state institution .also woudnt want my kids to loss their religious and cultural identity.

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by samwash(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
I will be heart broken if my kid turn gay in the west after I have struggle to take them there and he probably supported by state institution .also woudnt want my kids to loss their religious and cultural identity.

Those Nigerian videos on internet on lesbians & gays, did they visit the West before practicing it.
Many young youths are still turning gays, lesbians, theives & cultist right under our nose.

3 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by felixzo1(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

abroad is not by forced but by choice . everyone will live with the consequence of his decision. person wey never taste another person food will always say ' my mama food sweet pass'
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by ahiboilandgas: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2022
samwash:

Those Nigerian videos on internet on lesbians & gays, did they visit the West before practicing it.
Many young youths are still turning gays, lesbians, theives & cultist right under our nose.
the Nigeria state and culture frown at it but the west support it .
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Thegamingorca(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2022
You need to revamp who you keep as your close associates
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 11:33am On Nov 20, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
and thats the scientific and technological breakthrough that will take nigeria out of its position as the poverty capital. Do you prefer your child is building a start up with millions of pound support or that he still is religious or culturally sound?
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by ahiboilandgas: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
and thats the scientific and technological breakthrough that will take nigeria out of its position as the poverty capital. Do you prefer your child is building a start up with millions of pound support or that he still is religious or culturally sound?
he should build a start up . Honestly after seening Qatar I don't blame any body that JAPA

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
he should build a start up . Honestly after seening Qatar I don't blame any body that JAPA
God bless you. So you see qatar dey allow lgbt and kissing, qatar wey kabba dey a throw stoneaway but they only care about the money from gay and kissing people.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

The government pay for your energy consumption in where? US or Canada? If it's in these two countries then you're part of the problem. You're part of the people that always sugarcoat this abroad thing for people back home. For The month of October, I paid nothing less than $150 For electricity. And Government don't pay for your tuition. I don't know if you're talking about elementary school or graduate degree or undergrad. People work their ass off to go to school here. The possibility of you going to school as a poor man here is zero unless you take a government loan, but in Nigeria, you all went to school free of charge

Talking about health care service, a friend paid almost $1700 cuz he had his kneel broken in field. That's probably more than his monthly salary

And again, I don't know what Part of the abroad you dey

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by sihamey: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

The government pay for your energy consumption in where? US or Canada? If it's in these two countries then you're part of the problem. You're part of the people that always sugarcoat this abroad thing for people back home. For The month of October, I paid nothing less than $150 For electricity. And Government don't pay for your tuition. I don't know if you're talking about elementary school or graduate degree or undergrad. People work their ass off to go to school here. The possibility of you going to school as a poor man here is zero unless you take a government loan, but in Nigeria, you all went to school free of charge

Talking about health care service, a friend paid almost $1700 cuz he had his kneel broken in field. That's probably more than his monthly salary

They guy no near anywhere abroad he is just dishing out wrong information he collected from his fellow Jakpa gang to deceive more Jakpa syndrome’s. With this mindset, No wonder when they get abroad, the reality will hit on them. Is better you know the real thing before Jakpa than to carry unrealistic expectations along to jakpa wink

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by hodari: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

These liars think they're the only ones who've live abroad. I lived in Netherlands and UK and that life is pure slavery and depressing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
hodari:

These liars think they're the only ones who've live abroad. I lived in Netherlands and UK and that life is pure slavery and depressing.

I hate the depressing side of it. I can't just wait to make enough and jet out before the rat race catch up on me
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2022
sihamey:

They guy no near anywhere abroad he is just dishing out wrong information he collected from his fellow Jakpa gang to deceive more Jakpa syndrome’s. With this mindset, No wonder when they get abroad, the reality will hit on them. Is better you know the real thing before Jakpa than to carry unrealistic expectations along to jakpa wink

I was actually like him about 7yrs ago before I left Nigeria. I even sweared never to visited Nigeria again. See me today, I've visited Nigeria two times in the last 12 months. I just got back from another.

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by BRATISLAVA: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2022
duduade:

Are you making a personal attack on ****a****** and the programming community? Because there's no day you won't see them (and the community of followers) talking about their hypothetical unborn children. Children who you can't tell if they will become vagabonds or not whether in France or in Brazil.

Just live your life as a parent. The unborn will nomad their way around the planet if they need to.

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by BRATISLAVA: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2022
ahiboilandgas:

It could happen and is happening in Nigeria. The simple thing is that no matter how well you think you're preparing your children for life, you can't choose anything for them in the end.

If you're migrating it's because you personally want more money or whatever it is you're looking for. Your unborn children don't really care, because they aren't born, and because even if you birthed them in a hostel or gilded palace, they will still find their way around life in their own way.

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by sokeril: 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

It could happen and is happening in Nigeria. The simple thing is that no matter how well you think you're preparing your children for life, you can't choose anything for them in the end.

If you're migrating it's because you personally want more money or whatever it is you're looking for. Your unborn children don't really care, because they aren't born, and because even if you birthed them in a hostel or gilded palace, they will still find their way around life in their own way.
true
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

Uk and europe.
Yes and not university. University is subsidized. Health is free
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
sihamey:

remain in Nigeria.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
hodari:

thats for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Visa Requirement For Morocco Tourist Visa / My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos / Study In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.