Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like (3047 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Schools Abroad That Accept HND / My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

I was actually like him about 7yrs ago before I left Nigeria. I even sweared never to visited Nigeria again. See me today, I've visited Nigeria two times in the last 12 months. I just got back from another.
what job are you doing abroad?
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by sihamey: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
remain in Nigeria.
Yes is my country and I will contribute to Rebuild Nigeria. The country you run to build theirs and no foreigner will build yours. Jakpa is for the weak I’m too strong to become a slave in another man’s ancestral land, my ancestors will be angry with me, grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
sihamey:

Yes is my country and I will contribute to Rebuild Nigeria. The country you run to build theirs and no foreigner will build yours. Jakpa is for the weak I’m too strong to become a slave in another man’s ancestral land, my ancestors will be angry with me, grin wink
I am not building it, i am enjoying it. The current minister of state for environment's son is my neighbour. The politicians are stealing your country and building uk. Instead of blaming them, you point fingers at me or you mean I should not enjoy like them.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
what job are you doing abroad?

I work in the HR recruiter unit of an organization for now. But I've been freelancing before this time
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

Uk and europe.
Yes and not university. University is subsidized. Health is free

University is subsidized? Is that why Nigerians pay million of naira to get an msc in the UK? I once asked a friend of mine how much his tuition ran into, it was in millions

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

University is subsidized? Is that why Nigerians pay million of naira to get an msc in the UK? I once asked a friend of mine how much his tuition ran into, it was in millions
subsidized for citizens including nigerian born but nursery to secondary is free.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

I am not building it, i am enjoying it. The current minister of state for environment's son is my neighbour. The politicians are stealing your country and building uk. Instead of blaming them, you point fingers at me or you mean I should not enjoy like them.

Indeed. If I have never been to most of these countries before, I'll never really know what y'all praise on social media isn't especially close to reality.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

I work in the HR recruiter unit of an organization for now. But I've been freelancing before this time
okay. From your write up you are tired of abroad and is depressing, what is still keeping you from moving back outside the reason of money?
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
subsidized for citizens including nigerian born but nursery to secondary is free.
I'm asking about how an average Nigerian immigrant can enjoy free education in the UK without running into debt. At least before he becomes a citizen

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
okay. From your write up you are tired of abroad and is depressing, what is still keeping you from moving back outside the reason of money?

This particular statement is now bland. I know you'll say that when you run out of excuse �.This is the same thing y'all regurgitate on here year in year out. I don't plan to die abroad so I'll be home one day. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

I'm asking about how an average Nigerian immigrant can enjoy free education in the UK without running into debt. At least before he becomes a citizen
only for your kids till secondary school level which is a lot. Uk dont owe you anything bro. They have done enough. Calculate how much you would pay as fees for your kids from nursery to secondary

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

Money bro. Money. I won't lie, if you know your game, you can make Money here. That's if bill and taxes doesn't ruin the income. �.
I thought I can make so much within 5yrs, turn out that ain't true. But I'm still in the race
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

This particular statement is now bland. I know you'll say that when you run out of excuse �.This is the same thing y'all regurgitate on here year in year out. I don't plan to die abroad so I'll be home one day. Thanks
I can imagine how depressed you are and you cannot leave abroad and move to nigeria for your mental health. You would be home one day, lol.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
only for your kids till secondary school level which is a lot. Uk dont owe you anything bro. They have done enough. Calculate how much you would pay as fees for your kids from nursery to secondary
. forget kids. I want to enjoy my life first. And UK isn't free. You see 24hrs electricity, yeah you pay heavily for it. The like of which we don't pay in Nigeria and we still complain. Some of these things are linked, but we all want to eat our cake and have it in Nigeria and blame the government for all woes
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by sihamey: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:

Story for the gods. Suffering and smiling in your village backyard wink

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
I can imagine how depressed you are and you cannot leave abroad and move to nigeria for your mental health. You would be home one day, lol.

I pray you have sense to comprehend these debates. But no, cold has worsen your thinking faculty �

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

Money bro. Money. I won't lie, if you know your game, you can make Money here. That's if bill and taxes doesn't ruin the income. �.
I thought I can make so much within 5yrs, turn out that ain't true. But I'm still in the race
okay. Good. Thank God for the system. It was designed such a way that you can never pack pounds out of uk rather they hid the money inside benefits like health, education, recreation and so on. So remove money from your mind because Uk system is a very smart one. Look for a capitalist country to live in.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
Everything is always about kids when the reality hit us in the abroad. That's the same thing I use to say too. But at some point, I felt like "these kids aren't even here, why can't I live life

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

I pray you have sense to comprehend these debates. But no, cold has worsen your thinking faculty �
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
okay. Good. Thank God for the system. It was designed such a way that you can never pack pounds out of uk rather they hid the money inside benefits like health, education, recreation and so on. So remove money from your mind because Uk system is a very smart one. Look for a capitalist country to live in.

Ok. But I want to make money in Canada still. I figured the system and realized how much it's reaping me off. So I'll work, make money and invest somewhere else.
Thanks
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
or you mean cold has worsened your mother's mentality.

Yeah. You're right
Thanks
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
sihamey:

Story for the gods. Suffering and smiling in your village backyard wink
you mean like this?

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

Yeah. You're right
Thanks
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
you mean like this?

You're really successful. Hope you've paid your health insurance, phone bill, power Bill, Water bill and all that? Before Dem pack you commot your apartment. Remember you'll still need to pay the full yearly rent if they send you out or you might face heavy fine

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

You're really successful. Hope you've paid your health insurance, phone bill, power Bill, Water bill and all that? Before Dem pack you commot your apartment. Remember you'll still need to pay the full yearly rent if they send you out or you might face heavy fine
is that why you degenerated into insult?
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
is that why you degenerated into insult?

I'm sorry it should never have turned to that. We're brothers and healthy debates and perception should be welcome sometimes. This is For us all to see how we can make home a better place. I apologize for my rudeness
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

I'm sorry it should never have turned to that. We're brothers and healthy debates and perception should be welcome sometimes. This is For us all to see how we can make home a better place. I apologize for my rudeness
i apologize too. I will delete the post. Forgive me.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by jesmond3945: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:

Ok. But I want to make money in Canada still. I figured the system and realized how much it's reaping me off. So I'll work, make money and invest somewhere else.
Thanks
well the money you make from the system is designed such a way as to keep you aflaot and not to amass wealth. To beat the system you must take some risks.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
i apologize too. I will delete the post. Forgive me.

One love keeps us all
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by harsysky(m): 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2022
Majority of Africans are Proud and Lazy. It's not about doing an 8 to 5pm job. Lazy, mentally and in time management. I have read the debate on here, and Jesmond3945 is making a whole lot of sense. These people have designed their system to favor both poor and rich to work and survive.

I don't need Jupiter to tell me that people like the ones arguing with OP are those who make money to intimidate their fellow human. Forget the money abroad , come back Naija and hustle with MC Oluomo, you will still make it here.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by sokeril: 5:39am On Nov 21, 2022
harsysky:
Majority of Africans are Proud and Lazy. It's not about doing an 8 to 5pm job. Lazy, mentally and in time management. I have read the debate on here, and Jesmond3945 is making a whole lot of sense. These people have designed their system to favor both poor and rich to work and survive.

I don't need Jupiter to tell me that people like the ones arguing with OP are those who make money to intimidate their fellow human. Forget the money abroad , come back Naija and hustle with MC Oluomo, you will still make it here.
E pele oo millionaire.
Imagine making such a useless blanket statement such as ‘majority of Africans are lazy’.
Even oyinbo people sef are tired of the tax.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2022
Osewa03:

I was actually like him about 7yrs ago before I left Nigeria. I even sweared never to visited Nigeria again. See me today, I've visited Nigeria two times in the last 12 months. I just got back from another.

This is one thing those who haven't lived outside Nigeria don't know.

If not for the insecurity in Nigeria and the poorly run economy, i don't think any sane Nigerian would be seen living permanently abroad.

A f**king boring life is no life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem / Benin Nightlife: Top 5 Exciting Nightclubs In The City / Please I Need Directions To Tarkwa Bay Beach From Oshodi[lagos].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.