Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? (1549 Views)

Missing Catalyst Converter And Oxygen Sensor Doesn’t Consume Fuel / Catalyst Converter Myth / Catalyst Converter Functions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Airline(m): 6:00am On Nov 20, 2022
I drive honda end of discussion, my car consumes a lot of fuel and it emits a hardly noticed black smoke. I have done almost everything in fuel system to increase fuel efficiency but not working, could it be the absence of catalyst converter?
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Creamypie(m): 6:03am On Nov 20, 2022
Airline:
I drive honda end of discussion, my car consumes a lot of fuel and it emits a hardly noticed black smoke. I have done almost everything in fuel system to increase fuel efficiency but not working, could it be the absence of catalyst converter?
yes

1 Like

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Rikze: 6:35am On Nov 20, 2022
Airline:

I know it can cause high fuel consumption for sure.

Try this:

Go to a good panel beater, ask him to construct a catalyst for you. If he knows his onions, he'll use nets (iron nets) to make up for it.

I suffered a similar fate last year when my catalyst was bad and it was removed. The consumption rate was mad until a mechanic told me about it and it works very well.

My engine is V6, you can understand what that means.
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Airline(m): 7:02am On Nov 20, 2022
OK thanks
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by kingreign(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2022
Airline:

You are using a 2006/2007 car that is running rich and you can’t get an OBD2 device to scan it?

3 Likes

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by chukel(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2022
Rikze:

Try this:

Go to a good panel beater, ask him to construct a catalyst for you. If he knows his onions, he'll use nets (iron nets) to make up for it.

I suffered a similar fate last year when my catalyst was bad and it was removed. The consumption rate was mad until a mechanic told me about it and it works very well.

start preparing for a new engine

10 Likes

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by 9icetoo(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2022
kingreign:

You are using a 2006/2007 car that is running rich and you can’t get an OBD2 device to scan it?
I Taya oo

1 Like

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by 9icetoo(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2022
Rikze:

Try this:

OP do not try this. I repeat, do not try this.

12 Likes

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Rikze: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2022
chukel:
start preparing for a new engine

Why? Please kindly educate me...

I've been using this for months now, are there some ater-effects? I really need to know
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Rikze: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2022
9icetoo:

OP do not try this. I repeat, do not try this.

Why please? If there are concerns kindly share...

I may have acted ignorantly but it's been working well for months now
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Airline(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2022
kingreign:

I have scanned, no error code. Only that the car is running rich. No particular cause listed
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by kingreign(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2022
Airline:

I have scanned, no error code. Only that the car is running rich. No particular cause listed
How many litres of fuel do you buy and what’s the distance the car drive at that quantity of fuel?
Is your brake binding and is your alignment intact?

1 Like

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Itsrm(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
Rikze:

Why? Please kindly educate me...

I've been using this for months now, are there some ater-effects? I really need to know

Here sir

https://www.nairaland.com/3503561/allowing-fail-cause-fortune

The first post is quite long so start from where the op wrote CASE STUDY and read through the thread.
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Rikze: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
Itsrm:

Here sir

https://www.nairaland.com/3503561/allowing-fail-cause-fortune

The first post is quite long so start from where the op wrote CASE STUDY and read through the thread.

Thanks a lot for the link

I've gone through it...

I've been using this car like this since July, and have not had any issues with the engine. I've travelled to at least four different states with the car since then and back within two days.

But with the responses I saw in the link, I'll reconsider it.

I know a friend who even did his own before me, yet no complains as well.

He has even travelled to more states than me after he did his.
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by ojesymsym: 2:05am On Nov 21, 2022
Heed the advice of those guys telling you to go and remove that mesh, they are telling you the truth.

The way it damages your engine is that, after a while those meshes become bad and start blocking your exhaust, which ultimately kills your engine and over time the replace engine until that mesh is removed.

Hope you understand now?
Rikze:

I've gone through it...

I've been using this car like this since July, and have not had any issues with the engine. I've travelled to at least four different states with the car since then and back within two days.

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Rikze: 3:57am On Nov 21, 2022
ojesymsym:
Heed the advice of those guys telling you to go and remove that mesh, they are telling you the truth.

The way it damages your engine is that, after a while those meshes become bad and start blocking your exhaust, which ultimately kills your engine and over time the replace engine until that mesh is removed.

Hope you understand now?

Noted with thanks, Bro
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by olenyi: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by olenyi: 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
Airline:

Do this

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by senator2k9(m): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2022
Catalytic converter has nothing to do with fuel consumption, don't be deceived.

Check your oxygen sensors especially n also injectors and spark plugs

2 Likes

Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Beejayminer: 11:36am On Nov 24, 2022
If your car coil is bad, there will be massive fuel consumption.
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by clinician2x: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
The black soot is a sign of rich mixture. Inspect ur air system, clean ur air filter, use carburetor cleaner to clean ur mass air flow.meter
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by salbis(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
Rikze:

Why please? If there are concerns kindly share...

I may have acted ignorantly but it's been working well for months now
By doing exactly this, i lost my Honda accord engine in 2018. After stuffing the exhaust with wire mesh, I used the car for about 2 years, after that it started giving out white smoke.
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2022
Rikze:

I've gone through it...

That is me! And my T & C (Chrysler) is on its way to it it's 9th year and water still gathers at the mouth of exhaust. I think regular and prompt oil change is key.

I see how people still drive with crude oil in their engines and saying "d oil still good"
Re: Can No Catalyst Converter Cause This? by Rikze: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is me! And my T & C (Chrysler) is on its way to it it's 9th year and water still gathers at the mouth of exhaust. I think regular and prompt oil change is key.

I see how people still drive with crude oil in their engines and saying "d oil still good"

Good to hear, but did you use the net meshes? If yes, when did you put it in there? Any adverse effect?

Greetings

(1) (Reply)

Washing Your Cars By Yourself, How Do Your Neighbours & Friends React To This? / Why Car Makers Should not succeed at Outlawing DIY! (Car Hacked)!! / Please Were And How Can I Buy Remote To My Honda Bulldog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.