Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? (13648 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos / Apostle Suleman And His Wife After Church Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by chrisxxx(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2022
S
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by JoshTim: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2022
I remember those days in UNIBEN, The Lord's Terbanacle synonymously called the good life family....omo, they can even prevent you from going for your exams and there are some internal brouhaha that made some old member leave. The sisters no dey ever get married.

The Pastor is one proud man, and his followers so gullible and cannot see.

They can take all day for Sunday and week days services.

If you are on 1st class before joining, you cannot graduate with first class again. If you are on 2-2, be ready to slip to 3rd class. And if on 2.1, you'll slip into 2.2 or 3rd class. It was crazy.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Cmanforall: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
1hr 30mins
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by oneclickng: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
For me, religion should be abolished.

Same way BAT will be abolished.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Uniquekriss(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
2hours, maximum 2½ hours, anything other than that is tiring, except it's a specialized class
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by OGwales(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
What should take you to church in the first place

4 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
3 Hours

45 Mins for Sunday School or Search the Scriptures

15 Mins for Summary & Answering Questions

30 Prayers Praises. Choir

1 HR 10 Mins for Sermon.

20 Mins for Announcements and Benediction
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Warmaterial(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Just because you are under a curse, doesn't mean everyone else shares your fate. You're what the Catholics call a perditissimi. Look up the term, it has an interesting history.

you need help!

Your brain was turned right from your mother womb and you grow up acting like them too.

No this and no peace religion is a scam!!!!

7 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by koolaid87: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
2 hrs Max.
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Jubilancy(f): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
there was a time, growing up, when morning mass was from 6.a.m till 8a.m or even to 8

now its 6.30 to sometimes 9 or after 9.........

at a point anxiety starts to creep in....

and during months for harvest activities,.......... I sometimes feel like weeping

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by hopefulLandlord: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Your case is more serious than you realise. You are an unregenerate reprobate of the worst kind who woke up one morning and decided God didn't exist. You did this so you could justify your sinfulness and not because of the childish excuse you normally make about Christianity being nothing more than a superstition.
Be honest with yourself. You didn't become an atheist because of rationalism. You became an atheist to appease your insatiable lust and appetite for carnal things.

I already addressed ignorant people like you here

https://www.nairaland.com/3227103/people-atheists-because-want-sin

4 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Your case is more serious than you realise. You are an unregenerate reprobate of the worst kind who woke up one morning and decided God didn't exist. You did this so you could justify your sinfulness and not because of the childish excuse you normally make about Christianity being nothing more than a superstition.
Be honest with yourself. You didn't become an atheist because of rationalism. You became an atheist to appease your insatiable lust and appetite for carnal things.

ur moniker alone shows that u re an idiot.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by wiseone28: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2022
After 1 hour my soul have left

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2022
Warmaterial:
you need help!

Your brain was turned right from your mother womb and you grow up acting like them too.

No this and no peace religion is a scam!!!!
forget about d baga

6 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by YourNextLevel(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2022
Now your assistant God or your forced to be seated. Notice - me at its peak !!!!

Devil's advocate
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by BreconHills(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
How long do you think a church service should last?

For me, I think 1hrs 30mins is okay!
Anything aside this is tiring!

It's really the format that makes it easily tiring. Jewish believer meetings were a lot more interactive and had at its centre a communal meal and lots of relational fellowship. What we have now is a spectator oriented performance by skilled and trained professionals and of course no communal meal or sideways fellowship ( except after the service)

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by wiseone28: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2022
ZKOSOSO:
3 Hours

45 Mins for Sunday School or Search the Scriptures

15 Mins for Summary & Answering Questions

30 Prayers Praises. Choir

1 HR 10 Mins for Sermon.

20 Mins for Announcements and Benediction
So no time for tithes and offering?

The most important.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2022
1hr 30 mins is ok
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by MorningSir: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
How long do you think a church service should last?

For me, I think 1hrs 30mins is okay!
Anything aside this is tiring!

2Hrs, 30Min is perfect
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by IslamIsIdiotic: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2022
Actually you did NOTHING of the kind because you never answered one very simple question: Where does your morality come from?

hopefulLandlord:

I already addressed ignorant people like you here

https://www.nairaland.com/3227103/people-atheists-because-want-sin
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by hopefulLandlord: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Actually you did NOTHING of the kind because you never answered one very simple question: Where does your morality come from?

empathy and experience

6 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2022
wiseone28:
So no time for tithes and offering?

The most important.

Hahahahaha.....!!
So as a Pastor you want me to say Offertory 25 Mins??
Naaa...... Smart Pastors Won't do that. it's built into all...
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2022
Roman Catholic timing. Na Dem kuku bring the religion to us
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Warmaterial(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2022
But who can prove that God exists? None!!!!!!

But can we take those religious folks seriously? No

But who brainwashed them?
The first generation of scammers.

But can they regain freedom again?
It will be a hard nut to crack because their brains are damaged already.

But how can any reasonable person believe what he can't see not touch?
Because they need help, they don't know what they are doing. I can say they're blind...

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Knows12(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2022
30mins to 1hour
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2022
Church service should be like a football match, 45mins for praise and worship, another 45mins for Sermon, then 10mins Etra time for offerings simple!!
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Princeton92(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2022
Beyond 2hours is just something else for me

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by udoka1987: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2022
8:30am-10:30/11am
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by eskuvoisrael(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2022
45minutes
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by HighTableVoice: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Just because you are under a curse, doesn't mean everyone else shares your fate. You're what the Catholics call a perditissimi. Look up the term, it has an interesting history.

His lack of spiritual connection with God shows and he deserves to be educated in it. Criticism of the unconscious state of mind he is will only further drive him downward. Not a lot of people are adept to what or how important religion and spiritual thoughts and teachings are. Please do take it easy on him

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by IslamIsIdiotic: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2022
So in other words, your morality is entirely subjective? You alone decide right from wrong based solely on your personal experiences in life?

hopefulLandlord:

empathy and experience

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Idonweak: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:

I wonder how you became a Christian? Was it through intense indoctrination or did your god threw unbearable challenge on you for you to know he's a mighty god?

I am certain you didn't become a Christian out of the your own freewill neither were you born a "christian".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Prophesied About A Possible Carnage At Our Airport This Week / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Fraudsters Impersonate TB Joshua On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.